Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Huglu Shotguns?

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stubblejumper View Post
    My SxS shotguns are two AYA number 2s and a Grulla 216RB, and the 410 below looked pretty good , especially for the price.

http://store.prophetriver.com/huglu-...and-engraving/
    Glad you saw it yesterday; its a fine looking little gun , especially given the price!
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    Glad you saw it yesterday; its a fine looking little gun , especially given the price!
    If it had one less pistol grip, and one more trigger, it may have come home with me.
    only accurate guns are interesting

Quote Originally Posted by stubblejumper View Post
    If it had one less pistol grip, and one more trigger, it may have come home with me.
    LOL: well, that one may be on next order!!
    Its fun watching these sell off the site only a bit slower than Warren can get them listed!
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    We like the Huglus a bit more, and they have steel receivers except on the Eagle lightweight model. Fit and finish is nicer on the Huglus, especially the finish on the wood and metal. Yildiz are nice too and lighter. Remember the Huglus have been marketed as CZ shotguns for years now.
    Would you have a model suggestion for a first-time trap and skeet clay shooter who will use the shotgun 8 or so times a year? The Huglus Eagle has peaked my interest for the weight saving. Thank you for the responses all.

Quote Originally Posted by melted View Post
    Would you have a model suggestion for a first-time trap and skeet clay shooter who will use the shotgun 8 or so times a year? The Huglus Eagle has peaked my interest for the weight saving. Thank you for the responses all.
    The eight savings may not be a good thing as recoil mayu become annoying if shooting 25, 50, or 100 at a time.
    We do have a dedicated skeet gun:

http://store.prophetriver.com/huglu-...-mobile-choke/

Another to look at is the ventus, its got a nice weight and balance:

http://store.prophetriver.com/huglu-...obile-choke-b/
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

We are currently processing the wood stocked pump action guns. They are really nice. Nice walnut, well finished and very solid feel. Will be 349.00 and tax and shipping included. Even come in a hard case. We are not doing a picture of each gun, it will be a stock image on these ones. Should be online by end of today.
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

THe pump action guns are up on line. All come with a hard case:

http://store.prophetriver.com/catego...ns/Huglu/Pump/
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Picked up my HRZ 20" last Saturday. Finally had time to try it out last night. First off, nice looking gun. The wood to metal contacts are very tight and clean. The wood is very nice as is the metal. The hammers action cocking feels good. Balance of the gun felt good too.

Opening the action is just a little stiffer that I expected, but should loosen up with some shells. Still vastly better than a Dominion Arms 12" hammer coach gun though. After loading the barrels the action closes up effortlessly. The trigger pull feels good. What I was really surprised at, was after I shot both barrels and opened up the action, all that was needed to remove the hulls was a slight tip of the gun, and they slid right out. First time shooting.....hulls slid out easily. Each time after that also. I was impressed.

The gun comes with 5 chokes. The gun had the IC/M installed already, so I just left those in. Will play with the other chokes later.

Fired off 20 Federal 2-3/4" #7.5 target loads. Individually each barrel one a time is fine on the shoulder. Both barrels at once and you feel it. Right after both barrels simultaneously, I loaded up some 3" Winchester Double XX Magnum Copper Plated #2 shot. Individual barrels firing felt like both barrels of the #7.5 - 2 3/4" shells. Very good kick to it. Shoulder didn't really feel up to firing both barrels simultaneously of the 3" XX after that. There is no recoil pad. Only metal on the butt of the gun. Might have to look into a pad of some sort or else hopefully toughen up the shoulder a bit over time.

Overall extremely pleased with the purchase. Love the gun and the price was right too. Happy with the service from Brody when I picked it up. If you are looking for a hammer SxS coach gun, get one of these. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you Prophet River.
    Last edited by Honker566; 07-22-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Many thanks for purchase and review. We find them stiff too , but that common even for our 10k+ guns. Once greased/oiled on hinges and put together and shot a few times. They 'loosen' up quickly. Thanks again and enjoy!
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

I've always thought SxS guns and rifles can only get looser not stiffer! A good problem is a nice stiff action brand new that loosens with time and shells.
    Charlie Daniels - What this world needs is a few more rednecks, Some people aint afraid to take a stand