Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Huglu Shotguns?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ahsan Ahmed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stubblejumper View Post
    I looked at a few of the Huglu shotguns in the store today, and they appear to be well made for the price. The higher grade guns look quite nice, and are still quite affordable. I might even end up with a 410 when the english stocked double trigger guns show up in the next order.
    The 202B (also previously branded as CZ Bobwhite) mini models are great value inside a lower price bracket given the scaled frames and nice balance.

Prophet River - I notice that your new list includes the case hardened 202B in .410 with screw-in tubes (unlike the CZ specific product). What would be the price point for that SxS?

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahsan Ahmed View Post

Prophet River - I notice that your new list includes the case hardened 202B in .410 with screw-in tubes (unlike the CZ specific product). What would be the price point for that SxS?
    There is no difference in price with or without tubes on any of their products.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Just ordered the 200A but forgot to check how many chokes it comes with? How much are extras should we want more/different types?

Quote Originally Posted by happydude View Post
    Just ordered the 200A but forgot to check how many chokes it comes with? How much are extras should we want more/different types?
    5 chokes. They are beretta mobile chokes so easy to get. Thanks for purchase, Warren is working hard to get these listed. Quite a few up today, more tomorrow, but they are selling as they go up too.
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

more guns are up today
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    more guns are up today
    How does the quality of the Huglu's compare to the Yildiz? The price points are very similar.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by melted View Post
    How does the quality of the Huglu's compare to the Yildiz? The price points are very similar.

Thanks!
    We like the Huglus a bit more, and they have steel receivers except on the Eagle lightweight model. Fit and finish is nicer on the Huglus, especially the finish on the wood and metal. Yildiz are nice too and lighter. Remember the Huglus have been marketed as CZ shotguns for years now.
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Thanks!
    My SxS shotguns are two AYA number 2s and a Grulla 216RB, and the 410 below looked pretty good , especially for the price.

http://store.prophetriver.com/huglu-...and-engraving/
    only accurate guns are interesting

CGN Regular
    My 200a 20g/English/case was delivered today, I'm very impressed with it for what it cost. I'll try to post some pics later. Haven't shot it yet, but based on first impressions I'd definitely buy another one.

Thanks!
    I have had both brands of these in Yildiz and CZ branded Huglu's in 12 and 20ga over/under. I found very little difference in quality between them, Wood to metal fit in both brands was excellent as was the stain finish and bluing. As stated by PR the big difference is the Huglu weights about a pound or so more due to the steel receivers, which would probably give them the edge in longevity as well I would think. If your going to use the gun more for sporting games then I would take the Huglu, but if it is to be carried more for upland then I would take the lighter Yildiz for sure. There is very little variation between how they mount and point I found with a slight edge to the Yildiz there but that is lost due to the slightly heavier felt recoil due to them been a lil lighter. Basically you would probably be happy and enjoy either brand.

Jim
    "I am the midnight watchman down at Miller's Tool and Die.
    And I watch the metal rusting, and I watch the time go by."

I WILL NOT COMPLY!!
    WEXIT