Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR4 Match - 12-13 Aug 2017 - DeBrief here!

Sorry Chris ..It doesn't look like they will be approved in time but if they are I will let everyone know .
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver2 View Post
    Sorry Chris ..It doesn't look like they will be approved in time but if they are I will let everyone know .
    Please Keep us update, I don't mind to try out my 6.5 Lapua. Thanks.

I'm going with zackstab in a SUV and book a hotel with 2 queen size beds so basically if you don't mind to squeeze together in a hotel room, I can pick up another person on the way from Montreal.

Everything are on me, you don't pay anything at all beside your food, Barney's cost along with range control and ammunitions.

I can bring a Howa heavy barrel in 308 win for you as well, slap my Nightforce on then you are good to go or a Barney's M305 that I haven't shot yet and slap a scope on as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KND View Post
    I'm going with zackstab in a SUV and book a hotel with 2 queen size beds so basically if you don't mind to squeeze together in a hotel room, I can pick up another person on the way from Montreal.

Everything are on me, you don't pay anything at all beside your food, Barney's cost along with range control and ammunitions.

I can bring a Howa heavy barrel in 308 win for you as well, slap my Nightforce on then you are good to go or a Barney's M305 that I haven't shot yet and slap a scope on as well.
    Got to love the CGN community... good on you KND! See you on the line.
    ORA - BRRC - IPSC - CSSA - CCFR - DCRA

Well Chris you twisted my arm, looks like I will be able to make PR4 see y'all there. Time to get on the .22 and keep practicing!
    "I shoot better in the rain" TT

“Be the head of a chicken not the tail of a bull” Toyzone

Quote Originally Posted by Nate.308 View Post
    Well Chris you twisted my arm, looks like I will be able to make PR4 see y'all there. Time to get on the .22 and keep practicing!
    Glad to hear it! I'm heavily debating building a simple barricade stand for my basement with multiple setup heights to practice different positions. DAMN YOU BARNEY!!!!

PRS here we go, looks like some barricade work is required.....damn that chair was a surprise , but I'm happy for the opportunity to be challenged and learn something along the way. Looks like I will have to get a tripod to shoot from, impressed, what a difference! I will have to second that motion, DAMN YOU BARNEY!!!!
    "I shoot better in the rain" TT

“Be the head of a chicken not the tail of a bull” Toyzone

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate.308 View Post
    PRS here we go, looks like some barricade work is required.....damn that chair was a surprise , but I'm happy for the opportunity to be challenged and learn something along the way. Looks like I will have to get a tripod to shoot from, impressed, what a difference! I will have to second that motion, DAMN YOU BARNEY!!!!
    Yeah, bitchez.....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Cheers and keep helping the noobs out there!
    Well - just signed up. First long range clinic / match of my life. Just got into handloading for the first time this summer and have had some good results at 200m, but I've yet to stretch my Savage 10TR's legs beyond that distance! Your patience with noobs like me is appreciated!

Business Member
    So after some experimenting and then some prodding by other Match Directors; and CallSign 2-2 (back from Northern Iraq), I'm opening up another class called/inspired "Brown Army Class."

Of course the PR shooters can/will/may remain in the prone position (Green Army Class) but reports from overseas deployments, prone position was very scarce if not non-existent. Very interesting....

Some early rules being discussed and solidified:

* Shoot the entire match/contest with a tripod, hog saddle, and shooting cushion/bag/rest/Pump Pillow/Prussik knot setup for tension
    * 200 Rapid Follow Up- Sitting/Kneeling
    * 300 Agony Snap - Sitting/Kneeling
    * 500m Snap - Standing
    * 600m Deliberate - Standing

I need to get with the times (operational inspiration) and future matches with the intention of developing shooters for future matches (both PR and PRS). I need to offer development opportunities for PR shooters and PR (soon-to-be-PRS) experts who are ready to move on. Like me, we are being pushed out of our comfort zones.

More on this discussion down the road after I share some conversations with other match directors and expert shooters. It's all good. This is not my first rodeo....

Cheers and keep helping the Noobs and experts!

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 07-11-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast