Thread: NSCC August 2017 - Ooops, I cannot make this....

Business Member

NSCC August 2017 - Ooops, I cannot make this....

Okay, having just had you PR shooters at the PR4 in Garrison Petawawa, we discussed this NSCC event coming to Connaught Ranges in the Kanata/Nepean/ Ottawa area.

All the information can be found here including their schedule... just follow the links:

www.dcra.ca or http://www.dcra.ca/index.php

You can even download a pdf format rulebook, I just buy one for $12.00 at the DCRA Office , 45 Shirley Blvd (google map it...)

My schedule looks like this for those of you in the Ottawa area who want to see what a National Level Competition looks / runs/feels/ smells (you get what I mean) like.

23 Aug- Drive up to Ottawa and check in at DCRA Office
    24 Aug- Set up / help organize pistol bay/targets/scorecards/ competitor's meeting for pistoleros
    25 Aug- Pistol Matches Series A on Pistol Ranges 3 and 4
    26 Aug- Pistol Matches Series B on Pistol Ranges 3 and 4
    27 Aug- Sniper/Precision Rifle range setup and walkback if time allows- Charlie Range, Afternoon = Matches 60-61-62
    28 Aug- Sniper / Precision Matches 63-64-65, Afternoon = Matches 66-67

I'm driving back home on 28 Aug Evening... gotta get home and prepare for the Meaford LR Steel Challenge!

Those of you who expressed some interest in visiting, you can always find me by locating my Toyota Rav4 with the ski box on top. I'll park it closest to whatever range/bldg/mess hall and you can find me inside somewhere in there!

Hoping to see some of my clients / community there.... Just don't start chanting, "Go Leafs Go" when I commence my sighters...

The "Go Leafs Go" is an inside joke....

Cheers,
    Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 08-22-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Hey Barney drop by Range Control, I'm on staff there..... I think U know where it is YES......
    mt84
    RSM (Retired Service Member)

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mt84 View Post
    Hey Barney drop by Range Control, I'm on staff there..... I think U know where it is YES......
    Yeah, by all means man.... Looking forward to seeing and visiting ya!

Participating in the NSCC is something that has been in the back of my mind since I started the PR clinics. About time I join the NCRRA and see what its like to shoot beyond 600M.
    I'll try to come out, hopefully will be able to see the longer range matchs 65, & 66.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john@ View Post
    Participating in the NSCC is something that has been in the back of my mind since I started the PR clinics. About time I join the NCRRA and see what its like to shoot beyond 600M.
    I'll try to come out, hopefully will be able to see the longer range matchs 65, & 66.
    I'm going to corrupt you ..... Maps can be found on the DCRA dot ca website... I just exit the 417 at Moodie/59, turn left on Carling, just before the Golf driving range, you will turn right on Rifle Road (RCMP sign pointing to Connaught Ranges)....

They could have changed the signs in the past few years.... I haven't been there since 2013 NSCC.

Cheers,

Barney

Got it bookmarked on my google map, should be an easy drive to get there.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john@ View Post
    Got it bookmarked on my google map, should be an easy drive to get there.
    Watch yer speed limit on the base. Do a couple of circles around the entire area to get a feel for things and then start looking for my Rav4 with ski box on top. I'll be around. All depends what date / day you come for a visit.

We already have a whole pile of CGNutters shooting / attending/ socializing this coming NSCC gathering. Always a good time.

Cheers,
    Barney

Business Member
    Okay, I've had a slight snag with my Rations and Quarters arrangement. DCRA office emailed me and said, it's not happening.

So I won't be driving up there for tomorrow Monday... My chances to meet up are dashed and that's the end of it all for my DCRA appearance. Until next year.

For some of you, I will see you next week in Meaford. I'm driving up there on Wednesday morning to start our working shift.

Cheers and regards,

Barney