Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR5 Match - 21-22 Oct 2017 - Debrief here!

a huge thanks to Barney and the Petawawa crew for hosting another great match. Even with Howard there...we had excellent weather and very little wind to push things around.

Will hopefully come up with a more robust plan for the "brown" shooters next year that will focus on PRS-style engagements utilizing various barricades, multiple targets/ranges, and of course STEEL! We should be able to run this class concurrently with the standard PR match format, although we'll be off to the side and hopefully yelling a lot of "IMPACT!!".

I'll coord with TT and ChalkRiver over the winter to see what is feasible while maintaining safety and staying on schedule.

Now to hit a Mapleseed event next weekend and begin practicing for the 2018 season!

I am thankful to all of you for making Duncan's first PR shoot a memorable learning experience. How many other Gr. 8 boys get to go back to school on Monday and tell their friends that while they were at home playing with their joysticks on C.O.D., he was out on the range engaging targets at 600m.

I am also thankful to Pat for loading up ammo at the last minute for Duncan!

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks Barney, Morgan, Nate, and all.

It was great to get re-acquainted with familiar faces and to meet some new folks. It was a wonderfully refreshing weekend.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Cool pics guys thanks.

It was great seeing new and old faces, hope to see you all next year.

Thanks Barney, Morgan, Heather, and all that made this happen!

Safety First!

Will you guys be doing these again next year? If so I'm presuming the first one will be in May again?

I see an AR15 in the above pics so I take it restricted aren't an issue... I'll be coming with an SPR build.

Can't wait, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTapin View Post
    Will you guys be doing these again next year? If so I'm presuming the first one will be in May again?

I see an AR15 in the above pics so I take it restricted aren't an issue... I'll be coming with an SPR build.

Can't wait, thanks.

Yes we will have more of these again next year . Barney and I will announce the dates after we get them picked. In regards to restricted firearms there isn't a problem but because we are on a Federal range you will require a letter of invitation from the club (me) .Then you contact the CFO to get a Short Term ATT for the weekend.
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver2 View Post
    Yes we will have more of these again next year . Barney and I will announce the dates after we get them picked. In regards to restricted firearms there isn't a problem but because we are on a Federal range you will require a letter of invitation from the club (me) .Then you contact the CFO to get a Short Term ATT for the weekend.
    Perfect, thanks a lot for the information. I'll be contacting you for the letter when the dates are fixed/closer to the event.

Cheers

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789