Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR5 Match - 21-22 Oct 2017 - Debrief here!

Sidenote about Danny’s, try the deep fried ice cream! Damn tastey but an absolutely absurd portion, bring a hollow leg!
    Last edited by Nate.308; 10-17-2017 at 09:48 AM.
    "I shoot better in the rain" TT

“Be the head of a chicken not the tail of a bull” Toyzone

Where to Stay

* About 10-15min from range control (and right by Kelseys) http://www.petawawaqualityinnandsuites.com/
    * 2 min from base with several fast food/pizza options close by http://www.petawawariverinnandsuites.ca/

Which of these two do you folks prefer? Any group pricing arrangements?

Thanks.

I would suggest the hotel near Kelseys and its only a 5 min drive to range control. .. the other one closer to base is above a night club .
    You will need to show I.D at the maingate to get onto base and if you want any maps or local info let me know..

Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Pax+Caritas View Post
    Where to Stay

* About 10-15min from range control (and right by Kelseys) http://www.petawawaqualityinnandsuites.com/
    * 2 min from base with several fast food/pizza options close by http://www.petawawariverinnandsuites.ca/

Which of these two do you folks prefer? Any group pricing arrangements?

Thanks.
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver2 View Post
    I would suggest the hotel near Kelseys and its only a 5 min drive to range control. .. the other one closer to base is above a night club .
    You will need to show I.D at the maingate to get onto base and if you want any maps or local info let me know..

Morgan
    Thanks Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by aogun View Post
    2 more for Kelsey’s and first pr clinic as well. How will we recognize each other ?
    Last time Barney intercepted us as we walked in to Kelsey's. How about telling the hostess "Party for Barney" as you enter, first one there grabs a table, not sure of how many but we are good for two seats.

Or, we can set up a PR rifle on the table... bolt out of course...

Or wear all camo... but then you wouldn't be able to see us...
    ORA - BRRC - IPSC - CSSA - CCFR - DCRA

Business Member
    PR rig on the table... oh my, That's gonna get their attention... ha ha ha ha

You guys can gorge yourselves at 7PM at Kelsey's. I'm gonna be at Quesada burrito/Taco joint ha ha ha. I'm saving the gorging and pigging out for Danny's Steak House on Saturday night.

Just loading up the Rav4 right now. Yes, I have a Kukri for the reverse draw prize table on Sunday, as I promised! ha ha ha Little bit of inspiration from Call Sign 2-2. You guys know who I mean.... What other PR event puts you face to face with a real gunfighter/sniper/breacher/assaulter/ HALO jumper ? ha ha ha

Okay, just a heads up for the Brown Army Class shooters here (PRS types), I've imported a Sunrise Tactical Armboard (Google it....) in the famous "Multicam" pattern cordura for your perusal. $70 delivered at the PR5 match...

My edition comes with an EXTRA Page (clear of course) just because....

I also have the patches (brown, black, and PVC) for you folks looking to spruce up your wardrobe (I did not say, "Start a bar fight with them patches...")

Okay, back to packing the Rav4. I even have extra water for the warm weekend coming up!

Cheers,
    Barney

Party for Barney it is. The weather is looking to be Fan tastic. See you all soon
    Even the worst day at the range is still ten times better than your best day at work

CGN Regular
    What time will you gather across from Base Fire Hall S-105 ? And will there be room for a walk on like me?

Oh well. Looks like I'm gonna piss some clients off, but we shall be heading out tomorrow night! Looking forward to this one!

We usually gather around 8 to 8:30am.

Business Member
    Walk ON? YES. No need to book ahead of time but it sure helps. I have the room for large numbers of people to shoot. Not a problematic situation.

Currently in Huntsville grabbing a salad!!

What a beautiful drive through the Muskoka area

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 10-20-2017 at 05:17 PM.