Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BLK LBL handguard/bipod now an option on ATRS rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    Agreed, just going to have to think of a reason I can explain to the wife as to why I threw another 800 on a rifle that's had close to 7k$ thrown at it already. Wish me luck.
    Luck! Please post a how-to on formulating a successful strategy when you're done!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Two questions..... Is it solid? How much clearance is there between the rail and the gas block?
    I have a MV with a 14 inch Fortis and the only complaint whatsoever that I have with the rifle is the minimal gas block clearance as the Fortis does have some flex. I wish you used a .750 gas block. If I run my bipod at the end of the rail I believe I get the occasional contact which will produce a slight flier. Once I mounted the bipod mid way on the rail this issue disappeared as it caused less flex however I lose some stability. May just be the way I shoot? I don't know.
    I guess my point is that I'm saving up to order a 6.5 upper and think this would be perfect for me if it eliminates my only complaint that I have with mine. Thanks
    Pretty solid. Not rock solid like the PRI or even DPMS free float handguard, but more solid than the Fortis. Anytime you remove a lot of material either for weight saving like the Fortis of for implementation of the bipod like the Blk Lbl has you will give up some rigidity.
    There is more room inside this handguard than inside the Fortis, but if you are one of those who really loads up the bipod the 14" would be the better option.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:28 PM.

I've been wild about this since I read about it in Calibre. I have additional questions:

1. Which BLK_LBL handguard length would you recommend for a MH with 22" barrel? It looks as if the gas block will interfere with the handguard internals if the handguard is too long, and the gas block will protrude if the handguard is too short.
    2. Same question as above, but for an AR-15 with rifle-length gas system and 20" barrel.
    3. Where are the MLOK slots? I see cool angled cutouts, but no boring rectangular ones that I associate with MLOK.

Thank you for your time.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThalidomEid View Post
    I've been wild about this since I read about it in Calibre. I have additional questions:

1. Which BLK_LBL handguard length would you recommend for a MH with 22" barrel? It looks as if the gas block will interfere with the handguard internals if the handguard is too long, and the gas block will protrude if the handguard is too short.
    2. Same question as above, but for an AR-15 with rifle-length gas system and 20" barrel.
    3. Where are the MLOK slots? I see cool angled cutouts, but no boring rectangular ones that I associate with MLOK.

Thank you for your time.
    The 14" we know fits and works well. Their 16" we have not installed to date, the concern is that "possibly" the gas block will interfere with their pivotal ball.
    The gas block will be covered with both.
    On an AR15 you could use either the 14 or 16" length as the gas block is smaller.
    M Lok is proprietary to Magpul so M lok slots. They could employ key mod with no licensing issues, but I am not sure where you could use additional rails without having interference with the bipod features of this hand guard.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:29 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    Agreed, just going to have to think of a reason I can explain to the wife as to why I threw another 800 on a rifle that's had close to 7k$ thrown at it already. Wish me luck.
    It’s saving you money!!!

It’s a rail and a bi pod, you can easily scratch a couple hundred on a rail and a gun like that easily needs a 500$ Cadex pod.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

Ok, thanks for the info. Now I wish to know about the inner diameter. Is there enough clearance to use a Sentry 8 adjustable gas block by SLR?

Measurements of Sentry 8 are as follows:
    inner diameter - 0.875"
    center of barrel to top of gas block - 0.915"
    bottom of barrel to bottom of gas block - 0.17"
    top of barrel to top of gas block - 0.477"
    complete height of gas block - 1.52"

Now that you have had this for a while, would you still recommend it. What are your pros and cons.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThalidomEid View Post
    Ok, thanks for the info. Now I wish to know about the inner diameter. Is there enough clearance to use a Sentry 8 adjustable gas block by SLR?

Measurements of Sentry 8 are as follows:
    inner diameter - 0.875"
    center of barrel to top of gas block - 0.915"
    bottom of barrel to bottom of gas block - 0.17"
    top of barrel to top of gas block - 0.477"
    complete height of gas block - 1.52"
    Without having both parts in hand here, it's hard to say with absolute certainty. From what you've suggested, I think it SHOULD fit, but I'd recommend reaching out to info@blklblbipod.com to get a better answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop View Post
    Now that you have had this for a while, would you still recommend it. What are your pros and cons.
    Would, and do. It feels nice in the hand when closed, and functions great when extended. The fact that barrel is not resting on top of the bipod, but literally inside of it, makes for a very stable system. I've seen zero units come back for any sort of warranty as well, which is nice. Makes it hard to forget your bipod at home when you head out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12