Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Type 81 scope mounts or bayonet

Parts-Unknown (yes same town where all the wrestlers come from)

Type 81 scope mounts or bayonet

Any thought if bringing in bayonets or scope mounts/ rails for type 81 ' s?
    You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the Fxck on! Tupac Shakur

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tobaman45's Avatar
    I'm hoping a canadian company will make scope mounts and rails for t81's once they are here in canada

There are several excellent Canadian companies that could make some really nice rail systems for these rifles and Mlok or quad rail or even keymod I suppose although I think that's kind of dying off. Hopefully they borrow from popular designs in the states for AK rifles (talking hoe the two halves lock together) and don't create some archaic bulky heavy rail that requires 30 screws to hold together plus some tie wire. It would be cool if they were able to get in some of the Chinese rails for the type 81 but they do look pretty bulky and heavy.
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Regular
    Somebody will step up, no doubt...

Parts-Unknown (yes same town where all the wrestlers come from)
    I would prefer the rail and bayonet to come from China. I'm sure both are available at chinese pricing. Hopefully the same product that would have been issued with rifle.
    A canadian manufacturer is a great idea but high pricing tends to keep it out of the hands of most. A $999 gun doesn't justify a $300 bayonet and $300 mount. Let's see TI line them up direct from China at appropriate pricing.
    You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the Fxck on! Tupac Shakur

Any polymer or aftermarket type furniture for the 81 anywhere?
    I've seen some pics on the inter web of some nice lookers...
    Click, Bang.

I want a magwell adapter for 10 round goodness!
    If a Conservative doesn't like guns, they don't buy one. If a Liberal doesn't like guns, they want them banned.

Hopefully the type 81's come with a rail mount already riveted onto the receiver, similar to AK's .. I'd rather a side mount optic option for rigidity.

Could probably just drill and tap for a regular AK side mount. Mounts that are integrated into the dust cover or gas tube typically suck for anything other than a red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungrateful View Post
    Could probably just drill and tap for a regular AK side mount. Mounts that are integrated into the dust cover or gas tube typically suck for anything other than a red dot.
    That might interfere with the selector switch though. Type 81 has a thumb safety on the left side.
    Just some random gun toting weeb in Alberta.

Disclaimer: All deposits taken on anything I sell on the EE are non refundable unless otherwise explicitly agreed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast