Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: problems with a used 1886 from Epps

What was the brand of your 1886 you bought from Epps

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torontogungal View Post
    I have a pretty good idea what I want before attending the shop and do my research.
    We rely very little on the word of salesmen and clerks who are on commission and just want to load you up and get you past the cash register minus a bunch of your money as fast as possible.
    We check and test used guns thoroughly.
    30 day money back policy works for us.
    If you depend on the word of others you are going to get stung sooner rather than later.
    Buyer beware.
    Blame yourself if you get burned not epps.
    Neither wes nor the clerks are going to take you by the hand.
    Epps staff are not on commission. Paid by the hour.

Ad for the problem here. I wasnt there at the time. But there should never be a problem taking a gun in within the 30 day warranty period.

As for taking non staff behind the counter or to the testfire shed that is strictly prohibited by the CFO. No non staff in staff only area's of the store.

Mr snippe has been a long term customer of the store. There are some very new and very young staff right now at epps. Some are still learning the ropes and how to be good counter staff.
    If you have an issue with any of the staff there is always the option of talking to a more exoerianced staff member, or waiting until after the weekend and talking to the owner directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    Based on his feedback score......you won't have to.
    I won't buy a gun sight unseen that I can't check out 'hands on' unless there is a 'money back before XX days' warranty in place (like they have at epps) or I know the seller very well.
    If that somehow puts me in a lower status level on this forum so be it.
    And it's a 'her' not a 'his'.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries- View Post
    Epps staff are not on commission. Paid by the hour.

Ad for the problem here. I wasnt there at the time. But there should never be a problem taking a gun in within the 30 day warranty period.

As for taking non staff behind the counter or to the testfire shed that is strictly prohibited by the CFO. No non staff in staff only area's of the store.

Mr snippe has been a long term customer of the store. There are some very new and very young staff right now at epps. Some are still learning the ropes and how to be good counter staff.
    If you have an issue with any of the staff there is always the option of talking to a more exoerianced staff member, or waiting until after the weekend and talking to the owner directly.
    Hope mr snippes situation is resolved satisfactorily.
    Like I said we never had a problem at epps save me having to drag paw out of there.
    He loves that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Snippe View Post
    Torontogun gal

New to the shooting Sports ? Heck I been around guns since the fifty's.I suppose I soon will have to give them all up as Cancer is taking it's toll .I have sold most of my guns and hope to buy back a S&W victory .22 and tune it , to finish my range days .Hunting has been part of my life since I was a kid and enjoyed the trap line for a few years at that .
    I did do a bit of Cowboy shooting and really enjoyed it .but getting old puts a limit to many things .

I hope every one enjoys the shooting sports to the Max while they still can
    God bless
    Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    God bless.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torontogungal View Post
    I won't buy a gun sight unseen that I can't check out 'hands on' unless there is a 'money back before XX days' warranty in place (like they have at epps) or I know the seller very well.
    If that somehow puts me in a lower status level on this forum so be it.
    And it's a 'her' not a 'his'.
    Sorry about the gender thing but you don't have to purchase a firearm to get a feedback score. Doesn't sound like you wish to purchase anything from anyone here and that's your call.

You have to admit that there have been a few scams and rip offs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    I'm still continuously shocked that people still buy from Epps. In today's day and age, give your money to people that care and still have a passion for this sport. You won't find that at Epps. Not anymore.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

I was planning a trip to Epps for the 1st time next weekend.... I hope to have a good experience with their counter staff. I never expect customer service staff to kiss my azz.. ...it is a very hard job dealing with the public.....but friendly and knowledgeable staff are refreshing...and rare.
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1976 View Post
    I was planning a trip to Epps for the 1st time next weekend.... I hope to have a good experience with their counter staff. I never expect customer service staff to kiss my azz.. ...it is a very hard job dealing with the public.....but friendly and knowledgeable staff are refreshing...and rare.
    So many other places that deserve your money....... Why Epps? Read through this forum, it's filled with complaints and " I could care less " responses. Most of them from the owner ( if you can even get a hold of him)

Firearms outlet in Ajax
    Williams arms in Port Perry
    Hell even Target Sports and sail would be on my list before Ellwood Epps.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast