Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Matador Arms Products On Sale for Canada Day!

CGN Regular
    Well, I decided to take a chance and try out the Matador Hammerhead brake. I am always hesitant to buy something that isn't well tried and tested with lots of online reviews, but I like supporting Canadian businesses and the sale tipped the decision point for me. Hopefully this isn't one of those brakes that impacts accuracy and barrel harmonics (like the old style XCR-M brake from Robinson Arms, man that thing was junk). Any reviews of it out there?

Business Member Colonel Mustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    Well, I decided to take a chance and try out the Matador Hammerhead brake. I am always hesitant to buy something that isn't well tried and tested with lots of online reviews, but I like supporting Canadian businesses and the sale tipped the decision point for me. Hopefully this isn't one of those brakes that impacts accuracy and barrel harmonics (like the old style XCR-M brake from Robinson Arms, man that thing was junk). Any reviews of it out there?
    I'm sure you don't want to hear a review from us... is there someone who would like to share a review with us all, please?

My stingers for 308 came in today, these are going on XCR-M in 308 and XCR-L in 7.62x39. First impressions are;

Some obvious lathe turning
    A few chatter marks
    Good nitriding
    Target crown on the actual brake
    They are heavy with the shell on

I'll be glad to see how these perform, so far I think they are worth what I paid. Thanks again Colonel Mustard.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12