Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIFLE SKS - 1949 Refurb special $400

Super GunNutz
    Looks to be a couple light refurb ones in there. Number 377 and 496

CGN Regular
    I already own a 49 slight refurb. and a 49 with major refurb. Saw a 50 with 90 degree port, spike bayonet and proper lever for receiver cover. Snapped it up, waiting now for shipment from Westrifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jstin View Post
    I already own a 49 slight refurb. and a 49 with major refurb. Saw a 50 with 90 degree port, spike bayonet and proper lever for receiver cover. Snapped it up, waiting now for shipment from Westrifle.
    I think those are more rare than 49's!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

I just got mine and it looks "meh Ok". The only thing that is not matching is the gas tube (electro penciled 140 digits off). Definitely has pitting on some of the metal. My biggest complaint is the bayonet groove in the stock is not very well done. It honestly looks like a teenager did it in shop class with a circular saw. Anyone else get one please check and see if yours is as rough as mine.

CGN Regular
    I received my 50 SKS. Stock is laminate and not stamped (knew this before purchase) and the gas tube is not stenciled(no big deal). Best part is all matching numbers, original bluing, spike bayonet and 90 degree port. Also laminate stock is same design as original birch stock. This carbine was included in Westrifle's $400.00 special.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I received my 50 SKS. Stock is laminate and not stamped (knew this before purchase) and the gas tube is not stenciled(no big deal). Best part is all matching numbers, original bluing, spike bayonet and 90 degree port. Also laminate stock is same design as original birch stock. This carbine was included in Westrifle's $400.00 special.
    That is a fair price, did they have more than one?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Regular
    I had checked the 49s first and the last carbine they had for sale was the 50(only one). I had heard of the early production of 50s with 49 traits, but have never seen one, other than on internet. At that time there were some good 49s for sale but since I had 2 already, it was a no brainer to grab the 50. Nice addition to my collection. Plus Westrifle had their $15.00 discount for CGN members. It would have been nice to have original stock, but I would sooner have a excellent laminate stock rather than a cracked or damaged birch stock.

Westrifle has a deal for cgn members? That would have been good to know a couple days ago!

CGN Regular
    Promo was placed on CGN on June-30th for Canada day. $15.00 off on purchase over $300.00. Valid till July 7th.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I had checked the 49s first and the last carbine they had for sale was the 50(only one). I had heard of the early production of 50s with 49 traits, but have never seen one, other than on internet. At that time there were some good 49s for sale but since I had 2 already, it was a no brainer to grab the 50. Nice addition to my collection. Plus Westrifle had their $15.00 discount for CGN members. It would have been nice to have original stock, but I would sooner have a excellent laminate stock rather than a cracked or damaged birch stock.
    Yes and someone on the red rifle threads said the laminate stocks that were contoured similar to the original birch spike bayo were rare too, I would have taken one in that condition for $400. I have the 1950 but with blade bayo, it does have the hole in the dust cover lever! I will keep my eye out on the Westrifle site for another! If you have pics, please post them!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast