Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: July 'Crazy Idea' Contest- PRIZES!

i picked up a .22lr dueling tree that didnt work. So I ended up cutting it up and making a biathlon type target. I would love to see an affordable biathlon target, kind of like this.

Edit: this one is not mine. Mine is much more crappy
    Last edited by S1de8urnz; 07-23-2017 at 12:44 PM.
    -SideBurnz-

CGN Regular
    10x10 base, 5 individual targets mated together by wire or steel. When one falls, another pops up elsewhere. Depending on target hit corresponding "random" target pops up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post
    One of these:

That wont do this :

I would like something like that - a resetting target- rated for 50 bmg.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Know your limit rack with swinging 3", 2", 1", 0.5" and .25" inch circles.
    "Don't confuse effort with results."

A row of gongs lined up 1 behind the other. Going largest to smallest, say 10", 8", 6", 4" 2". When you hit a gong, it falls down, revealing the next smaller gong behind it. Would be a blast to have 2 or more of them and race against a buddy to see who can knock them all down the fastest. Long range rifle or even close range pistol it would be cool.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take ~ Wayne Gretzky" ~ Michael Scott

CGN Regular
    You could do a curved/slanted AR500 tube with a "lab rat" button to gravity feed single 1lb tannerites. One shot on the button(offset paddle target on a lever) to release the tannerite and the next for the fun! The challenge will be either to come up with a receptical that will withstand multiple 1lb explosions, or reliably deliver the tannerite to the ground a safe distance from the rig.

Conversely, tannerite clays in AR500 pockets arranged on a larger target - think "bean bag toss" but with lead and explosives!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hhutch View Post
    You could do a curved/slanted AR500 tube with a "lab rat" button to gravity feed single 1lb tannerites. One shot on the button(offset paddle target on a lever) to release the tannerite and the next for the fun! The challenge will be either to come up with a receptical that will withstand multiple 1lb explosions, or reliably deliver the tannerite to the ground a safe distance from the rig.

Conversely, tannerite clays in AR500 pockets arranged on a larger target - think "bean bag toss" but with lead and explosives!
    Trebuchets have already been invented...
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

All these popping up targets sound very cool and fun.
    I would want a simple gong the size and shape of a normal game animal vitals too for hunting practice. Like a white tail or elk size and shape.

Self healing type rubber game animal with vitals made out of ar500. Cuts down cost and weight for you guys, lots of fun for everyone else

Thanks to everyone who participated in the July Crazy Target Idea Contest! I'm running a couple of days behind as of Aug 2, but will review submissions and announce a bunch of winners in a few days. A lot of excellent ideas (and a few hilarious ones!)

Glenn.