Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: July 'Crazy Idea' Contest- PRIZES!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    A target that shoots back! You gotta get a shot on steel once every second or else it starts sending paintballs back up range
    At you! That'll build your focus! :-P
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

A bolt less target system like sheepdog targets outta the states. Everything just locks together
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/508th/409D5EEB-48EE-46D7-A7D6-EA6A2D938227.png

Or a quick draw setup like challenge steel

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/508th/E0487996-10D4-457F-B733-C129AED1AE30.jpg

CGN frequent flyer
    A dueling tree, but the "stem" of the upright stand is cut to allow the paddle to drop after it's hit and swings to the opposite side. Every time it swings side to side it also falls a couple inches, forcing you to re-position horizontally and vertically when you go for your next shot.
    The sell price for any item(s) I sell on the EE are for the item(s) only, and do not include shipping, unless otherwise stated. Any agreed upon shipping costs do not include insurance, unless otherwise discussed.

CGN Regular
    I would love a know your limit target rack with reset plate, such at 10"-8"-6"-4" with a 8" reset plate that's red or a different color
    or know your limit plates that are in front of each other so its starts off big and gets smaller and smaller as they are consecutively hit

A spinner and popper combo would be awesome to, such that you put the spinner in front of the popper and need to spin the spinner to be able to shoot at the popper.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I would like to see a set of torso shaped silhouette plates that were scaled in different sizes based on range, instead of arbitrary length/height ratios.

IE, from shoulder to shoulder I am 20" across and 27" from top of head to belly button. No idea what average is, so measure ten random guys and do the math.

If I wanted to shoot long distance, but only have access to a 100m range, than a target that is 10 x 13.5 is basically a 200m target. A 6-2/3 x 9" target is a 300 m, a 5x6.75" is 400m, etc.

This could be duplicated for full sized knee to head, as well as head and shoulders only shaped targets. Not all of us have access to 3.54 km long ranges... Sigh.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

A Pterodactyl shaped target, Tom Mulcair style.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    As for a range prop, I would like to see you make a set of posable or quickly interchangeable arms for your rubber dummies so that I can stage a scenario where your dummy is holding his arms in a variety of positions, including at the side, up in the air, in a pocket, out front in a confrontational stance, etc, as well as a variety of different objects to simulate shoot or don't shoot scenarios. Either have the hand set up so I can put my own objects in there, or have a set of various foam objects such as rifle, pistol, RPG, knife, phone, camera, purse, baby, coffee, ice cream etc.

Being able to quickly change up the arm position and objects to make a new scenario after each run through in a minute or less would greatly enhance the utility of your torso. Not sure how crazy that is.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Last edited by jacob.22; 09-13-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    Have you hugged your Pit-Bull today?

A lot of great ideas!

So many terrific ideas! I really appreciate you guys participating in this. I look forward to prototyping some of these new target designs, and sending prizes out to the winners. Keep 'em coming!

Glenn.

Something that would be interesting

http://imgur.com/a/OP1dk
    How to shoot 1/4 " groupings:
    1: Fire 1 round.
    2: Go brag on the internet.