Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OPSol MiniClip 2.0 for Mossberg 500/590 Mini Short Shorty Shells

Has anyone tried them in the Mossberg 930?
    I know they generally don't work in semis but I am curious.
    I have a 930 and a ton of short slugs. It would be fun to use on the steel range.
    If your ad in the EE is for an item that is sold, do us all a favour and mark the header PLS REMOVE.

Does anyone know where one can get these mini shels in bulk cases of 250?
    All I can find are individual packs (if I can find them at all) and they retail for about the same $ (or more), than the regular sized shells.

On paper, this looks like a great idea to shoot 12ga for cheaper (one would assume that the short shells would be almost 50% less, considering their size), but unless I'm missing something, that does not seem to be the case?
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

Just heard back from Opsol. They don't work in semis. As we all expected.

CZ where are you located. I have a bunch of boxes of slugs. Just won't ship.
    If your ad in the EE is for an item that is sold, do us all a favour and mark the header PLS REMOVE.

Quote Originally Posted by tbrwlf View Post
    Just heard back from Opsol. They don't work in semis. As we all expected.

CZ where are you located. I have a bunch of boxes of slugs. Just won't ship.
    Thank you sir, but I'm much further than a reasonable driving distance from you...
    That and I'm mostly still in the intel gathering stage at the moment.

I'm thinking, that there might not be any point in getting this Opsol adapter clip, if I can't find a steady and reasonably priced bulk source of these mini shells close to me anyway..
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Does anyone reload mini shells?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Shooter View Post
    All I can find are individual packs (if I can find them at all) and they retail for about the same $ (or more), than the regular sized shells.

On paper, this looks like a great idea to shoot 12ga for cheaper (one would assume that the short shells would be almost 50% less, considering their size), but unless I'm missing something, that does not seem to be the case?
    The reality of the mini shells is more magazine capacity and lighter recoil as opposed to cost saving. Due to the fact that it is unlikely to ever find these in bulk (250 case) at retail, the law of volume discount really doesn't apply since general interest across the shooting industry is not going to happen. These will seldom be more than a unique and specialized load for a small consumer population. Also even though the shell is much shorter than 2 3/4 " there is still the same cost for the primer, brass shell base , projectile and wad with the only saving being in a little less plastic and powder. The cost of manufacturing I would suspect would be the same if not a little higher due to the lower volume of manufacturing. Don't get me wrong that these still have an specialized and interesting application but cost savings would not be realistic. A good comparison would be .22 short ammunition vs .22 LR since the scale of production for the shorter .22 round would not reflect in a cheaper price. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    The reality of the mini shells is more magazine capacity and lighter recoil as opposed to cost saving. Due to the fact that it is unlikely to ever find these in bulk (250 case) at retail, the law of volume discount really doesn't apply since general interest across the shooting industry is not going to happen. These will seldom be more than a unique and specialized load for a small consumer population. Also even though the shell is much shorter than 2 3/4 " there is still the same cost for the primer, brass shell base , projectile and wad with the only saving being in a little less plastic and powder. The cost of manufacturing I would suspect would be the same if not a little higher due to the lower volume of manufacturing. Don't get me wrong that these still have an specialized and interesting application but cost savings would not be realistic. A good comparison would be .22 short ammunition vs .22 LR since the scale of production for the shorter .22 round would not reflect in a cheaper price. Phil.
    Thank you for the detailed explanation.
    Yes that makes sense if the goal is only to increase magazine capacity..
    The low recoil might make sense to someone who is recoil sensitive for sure.
    I actually like a good recoil...maybe I'm weird that way, but I almost find it addictive in a strange way.

I think I will just stick with the regular stuff, as I see no real advantage to going with the mini shells.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by CZ Shooter View Post

Those days are gone. Last available in bulk about 3.5-4 years ago.

We just received more of these.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234