Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Dont Get Legal Advice from Facebook

Super GunNutz
    Thanks for your reply Cameron.

Hopefully Capri Insurance will chime in with an answer to my Post #64

Regards,
    Powderman

Hmmm.... I'd love to hear from someone who has benefited from this. Sounds like there are many , many ways for them to get out of coverage as Cameron SS has suggested. BUT, for the $95 if it helps even in the smallest way, I would think it worth it.
    CSSA / CCFR / CPC (almost to the point of walking away)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CV32 View Post
    This is exactly why I have been, from the start, interested in hearing about verifiable case(s) where the insurance has gone the distance, through a trial (and beyond, to appeal, if possible.)
    +1.

I would like to thank Capri Insurance for their openness and actually answering our questions.

These are the issues with firearms defense insurance that many have pointed out since it first became a thing. But do to the unwillingness of other providers to discuss it many buried their head in the sand to maintain their wishful $95 protects me from everything world view.

Even tho I am aware that at this current time I may not benefit from this in its current form I am going to start with a one year policy to support Capri for their openness. As the policy develops I will consider maintaining my coverage.

Thank You Capri

Shawn

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by BRASSTACKS; 01-29-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    I would like to thank Capri Insurance for their openness and actually answering our questions.

These are the issues with firearms defense insurance that many have pointed out since it first became a thing. But do to the unwillingness of other providers to discuss it many buried their head in the sand to maintain their wishful $95 protects me from everything world view.

Even tho I am aware that at this current time I may not benefit from this in its current form I am going to start with a one year policy to support Capri for their openness. As the policy develops I will consider maintaining my coverage.

Thank You Capri

Shawn
    Thank you Shawn,

This gives us the ability to protect you now and also continue to improve and grow the program. Don't forget to take advantage of the free, unlimited telephone legal advice portion of your policy whenever you like.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powderman View Post
    In your response to Cameron in Post #48:

"2. Cover extends to firearms for which the member holds a licence. If the defence is to say it is
    not a firearm then this presupposes the member did not have a valid licence for the weapon.
    Then there is no cover.

The intent is to exclude charges stemming from items such as knives, bow & arrows and other non firearm type items."

Does this mean that charges for storage, display, transportation, or possession of Prescribed Antique Firearms would not be covered?

Regards,
    Powderman
    Hello Powderman,

I have been advised by the Claims Managers that the coverage extends to antique firearms and that the scenario you describe would be contemplated as an insured event. The exclusion for “a weapon that is not a firearm” would not apply since the defence pleaded would be based on the proper interpretation of the Act and its non-application to an antique firearm. However, the antique is still deemed a firearm. The exclusion is directed at non firearms e.g. swords, knives, cross bows etc.

The intent of the cover is to protect the policyholder who holds a firearms licence which is being threatened by an action of the policyholder and which falls within the terms of the policy under the Insuring Clauses.

Hopefully that clarifies it for you.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678