Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kalashnikov 12

Expired Business Member

Kalashnikov 12

The Kalashnikov Concern has reported that its 5.45 mm AK-12 assault rifle has passed all military field tests.

The military field trials confirm that the weapon meets all the design and operational requirements of the Russian Armed Forces, according to the company.

This paves the way for the acceptance of the AK-12 as a standard individual weapon in the Russian Ratnik (Warrior) future soldier system.

With a 5.45x39 mm chamber, the new assault rifle is one of nine new firearms developed for the Ratnik programme, which also include a 7.62x39 mm assault rifle and dozens of pieces of combat equipment.

Development of the AK-12 began in 2011 as a private venture by the Kalashnikov Concern (formerly Izhmash).

Based on the AK-200, the AK-12 prototypes were presented in January 2012. While first generation AK-12s with improved ergonomics passed the trials, the Russian Armed Forces required design changes and expected the weapon to be less expensive to manufacture. As a result, the second generation 5.45 mm AK-12 rifle was introduced, based on the AK-400, with a simplified design.

It was teamed with the AK-15 assault rifle with a 7.62x39 mm chamber and 5.45 mm RPK-16 light support weapon.

In parallel with the development of the AK-12 and AK-15 for soldiers equipped with Ratnik, the Kalashnikov Concern also developed the AK-74 rifle upgrade package. This includes a folding and telescoping stock; a receiver cover, handguard and forearm with Picatinny rails; and a more ergonomic fire selector and hand grip.

Just adding the picture, link and credits for the story:

AK-12 assault rifle passes field tests
    Remigiusz Wilk, Warsaw - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly 04 July 2017

The Kalashnikov Concern has reported that its 5.45 mm AK-12 assault rifle has passed all military field tests.
    The military field trials confirm that the weapon meets all the design and operational requirements of the Russian Armed Forces, according to the company.

This paves the way for the acceptance of the AK-12 as a standard individual weapon in the Russian Ratnik (Warrior) future soldier system.

With a 5.45x39 mm chamber, the new assault rifle is one of nine new firearms developed for the Ratnik programme, which also include a 7.62x39 mm assault rifle and dozens of pieces of combat equipment.

Development of the AK-12 began in 2011 as a private venture by the Kalashnikov Concern (formerly Izhmash).

Based on the AK-200, the AK-12 prototypes were presented in January 2012. While first generation AK-12s with improved ergonomics passed the trials, the Russian Armed Forces required design changes and expected the weapon to be less expensive to manufacture. As a result, the second generation 5.45 mm AK-12 rifle was introduced, based on the AK-400, with a simplified design.

It was teamed with the AK-15 assault rifle with a 7.62x39 mm chamber and 5.45 mm RPK-16 light support weapon.

In parallel with the development of the AK-12 and AK-15 for soldiers equipped with Ratnik, the Kalashnikov Concern also developed the AK-74 rifle upgrade package. This includes a folding and telescoping stock; a receiver cover, handguard and forearm with Picatinny rails; and a more ergonomic fire selector and hand grip.

http://www.janes.com/article/72007/a...es-field-tests

Expired Business Member
    Thank you

But is it non-restricted?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer weasel1's Avatar
    Chrome lined?
    "We're only immortal, for a limited time." -Rush

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    So can you bring some in as NR ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    I see it has the shoulder thing that goes up. Prohib.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

The first 2 initials alone will get this prohib status in Canada. There was no reason to ban the ones they did in 1995. The Mossburg Blaze 47 comes to mind when I think of how trivial they can be. That's my 2 cents anyway,I always hope to be wrong in these situations

BANNED
    Hiding in BC. Send lawyers, guns and money
    I hear it can disperse a #### ton of magazine clips in under half a second.

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    It's going to be interesting to see if the AK 12 (200) or the A-545 becomes the standard weapon, they're both in field testing
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast