Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Savage Axis II Scout Stainless 20" in 7.62x39 *North Sylva Exclusive*

CGN Regular
    The 20 inch barrel and the mag have kept me away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by homer76 View Post
    Yes. The barrels are the same. The best resource for Savage rifles is Savageshooters.com. Be careful going down this rabbit hole. I know own 5 Savage rifles and always looking for more to build.
    Haha, ya I’m right in that same rabbit hole. I can’t even find the way out anymore. I currently have 4, with no signs of stopping

Is the muzzle brake removable? Barrel threaded?

Quote Originally Posted by Arminhammer View Post
    The 20 inch barrel and the mag have kept me away from it.
    The 20" barrel is a selling point for me but man, that mag...

Its a lot of money for a rifle with a cheaply made 3 shot mag that may or may not work with all 3 in it. Besides that, I like the idea.

Wish the Ruger American had irons and the longer barrel. Or at least irons. Would be all over that.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    The 20" barrel is a selling point for me but man, that mag...

Its a lot of money for a rifle with a cheaply made 3 shot mag that may or may not work with all 3 in it. Besides that, I like the idea.

Wish the Ruger American had irons and the longer barrel. Or at least irons. Would be all over that.
    You can get irons for the ruger.

Yeah but all told, and including gunsmithing? When a stainless rifle comes with irons and is still cheaper, I am a little unenthused about the prospect.

What’s the deal with the magazines? Are they different from the regular axis mags?
    Correct me if I’m mistaken. But right now at Cabelas a bare bones axis is $499. The scout is selling at a couple different locations for $669. That’s like a $170 difference for a stainless model with muzzle break and open sights. That seems decent.

For $700 plus tax and shipping, the 3 shot magazine that may or may not work with 3 shots in it is kind of a killjoy. Otherwise haven't seen a problem with an Axis mag yet. Like you said, stainless, with the irons, with gun prices these days I don't mind so much otherwise.

You’re right. It doesn’t matter what the price is. If a product doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to, then what good is it.

Quote Originally Posted by islander2011 View Post
    You’re right. It doesn’t matter what the price is. If a product doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to, then what good is it.
    Thats what I am worried about....otherwise like you said its a pretty good value.

I know a couple years back it seemed like a lot of money for an Axis. With the price of guns these days though? Not so bad