Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 81820212223242526272829303132333435363848 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the Best Canadian Made Pistol Carbine (Non-Restricted!)

Quote Originally Posted by lockharttactical View Post
    Which option would you prefer?

Here are the two options.

1) USA made Carbon wrapped Match Grade SS Barrel
    2) Canadian made Match Grade SS Barrel, Fluted

Both will be very compatible weights
    Both cost the same amount
    Both look incredibly awesome
    Both are extremely durable
    Both are Match Grade.

Getting the CDN one, makes every major component made here in Canada.
    We need to pick one style to purchase in bulk, to get the price down low enough to even offer them as such a low price!

What say you?
    I’d go for Canadian made,of even prefer non stainless.Im not into super high end stuff just cause I can have it,I’d prefer a melonite barrel,I’ve had expensive stainless barrels that cost me a lot,and had melonite finish barrels that cost half the price of the stainless and both shot the same groups with 9mm.

To me it’s just a waste.i love everything you’ve done with this rifle but that crazy high end carbon barrel is overkill for a 9mm gun,same goes for the stainless.

I know your trying to make the absolute best of the best here,and I can appreciate that fact,but considering the rave reviews the FX9 has,and the price point,that will be the deciding factor for a lot of people between the raven and the fx9

For me,I’ll buy the raven because it has the side charger option,and if it can take AR trigger groups,that’s another plus.but 300-400 dollars difference is a big factor for a lot of people
    Last edited by MJS; 09-26-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

It really doesn't matter that much to me re the barrel. I haven't thought of the pros and cons of each, but all being the same, I'm happy to keep the money North of the border.
    Last edited by xdmer; 09-26-2017 at 04:54 PM. Reason: typo
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    I would want the steel barrel and for me the handguard would be a must. Personally I would be fine with a regular steel barrel especially if there was cost savings. I think for most this would be a plinker and more expensive match grade barrel wouldn't be a huge benefit.

I'd love to see a version in the $1200 range including the handguard.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AB.boy View Post
    I would want the steel barrel and for me the handguard would be a must. Personally I would be fine with a regular steel barrel especially if there was cost savings. I think for most this would be a plinker and more expensive match grade barrel wouldn't be a huge benefit.

I'd love to see a version in the $1200 range including the handguard.
    I think it's safe to say that most people aren't taking into consideration that when we are buying barrels by the THOUSANDS, the price difference between a crappy barrel, and a high end barrel really isn't that much. We're talking the difference between 4140 Steel vs 416R Stainless Steel. Both are steels!

Also keep in mind, that when you are buying barrels at retail yes there is a BIG difference in cost. We are trying to make everything as cost effective as possible.

Lets use this scenario... You are out shopping for a new car. You are GOING to buy a car. That's why you're shopping for one.
    You go onto a car lot, and see a 1992 Honda Civic that doesn't look great, and really offers nothing that impresses you. The only thing you like about it is the price tag.

But then you look over and see one of your favorite sports cars. It has everything that you've always wanted and more, while only costing a tiny bit more.

Do you buy the civic? I assume most people would rather have their dream machine.

Last edited by saltednutz; 10-13-2017 at 11:03 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Samuel,
    I understand your point about buying barrels in large quantities. I was unaware the price difference wouldn't be significantly different.

However selling this rifle without a handguard as minimum spec is (to use you car analogy) like buying a new car without doors.

This is just my opinion, and at $1450 with the handguard it may be out of reach for me. I'm sure you will sell a bunch of them anyways.

I think it's great you guys are embarking on this project and wish you well.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AB.boy View Post
    Samuel,
    I understand your point about buying barrels in large quantities. I was unaware the price difference wouldn't be significantly different.

However selling this rifle without a handguard as minimum spec is (to use you car analogy) like buying a new car without doors.

This is just my opinion, and at $1450 with the handguard it may be out of reach for me. I'm sure you will sell a bunch of them anyways.

I think it's great you guys are embarking on this project and wish you well.
    As said prior,
    We are still doing everything possible to try to work the price point lower as well.

Options we're considering may fall along the lines of, including hand-guards for free and a deal on the firearm for all pre-orders and such.
    If people are willing to back us, we are MORE than willing to return the favor to the best of our ability.

Well, when you put it in 'dream machine' terms the carbon wrap has more appeal - any mock up pictures of both?
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Why are people wanting another product with low end components? I don't get it. We have enough of that already.

A product has been offered to be made available to us with quality components for virtually the same pricing as the low budget alternatives we already have.

What is wrong with people? Our market is already saturated with low build quality options that don't come any cheaper.

If you want a low end build go buy something else. I've tried most of them and I'm ready to move on to something better.

CGN Regular
    Get the stainless fluted barrel