Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the Best Canadian Made Pistol Carbine (Non-Restricted!)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Glock mags and accepts AR15 handgaurds, stocks and triggers.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    Glock mags and accepts AR15 handgaurds, stocks and triggers.
    This. The AR market is huge and leveraging access to aftermarket parts would be huge especially if you sold a stripped down product minus furniture

CGN frequent flyer
    Oh man... if you guys make something like this for that price, I'm super down.

Here are my suggestions as a person who has owned almost every non restricted pistol calibre carbine currently available.

-Glock mag option is a must. Obviously. Im biased because its what I use but they are the most universally available and accepted...
    -Ambi means nothing to me... I'm a righty. But youll open up alot of sales if its at least ambi ejection capable.
    -I LOVE side chargers. My favourite AR of all time was my Gibbz side charger. AR style charging handles are ergonomically silly.
    -Id love ergonomics as close to an AR as possible. Definitely need AR compatible grip and stock setup. Would be cool IMO if it was designed to be able to accept Compact Carbine Stock setups like the NEA CCS...
    -More important than being easy to take apart for storage is being easy for cleaning. Lots of people shoot cheaper/dirtier pistol calibre ammo so its important to be able to take the gun apart often to clean it. I loved my Thureon carbine for that reason and didnt love my JR Carbine for the same reason. No tools...
    -dont care about take down as far as having the barrel removable. Unless its for a quick calibre change option. Then its awesome
    -Light weight is good, but price is better. Guns like these pretty much live and die by their price point. Which is why more JR carbines are sold than Thureon... the thureon is a better gun but costs a good bit more than the JR.
    -Barrel should be threaded.
    -Would love if it accepted standard AR style hand guards. Then the buyer can choose whatever style/length/features they want. You guys don't like Keymod, but many people do.
    -Made in canada is a bonus. I much prefer to support this country and its small businesses. If I can buy canadian I always do. But if it means its going to be priced out of range for the average guy, its not the be-all and end all for me.
    -A gun with all these features could sell for $1000-1400 IMO. But as i said, cheaper is ALWAYS better. Is it better to sell 1000 guns at $1000 or 250 guns at $1500?

Those are my thoughts. Parts interchangeability with the AR platform is so important IMO. Super excited to see what you guys come up with.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadRonin View Post
    I love it.
    Thanks for innovating and making new products for our Canadian market!!
    Price point is nice.
    And an NR pistol calibre carbine with the same manual of arms as an AR is awesome.

A couple suggestions (for what it's worth)

** pls Make the charging handle AR or right side pls.
    Us lefties hate that left side charger like the xcr.

**for the NR pls Make the handrail as long as the xcr competition rail.
    Gets rid of that huge amount of barrel hanging out the end and a lot better for wielding such a long rifle.

**if you can pls make all the controls full ambi.

And a little off topic but I love the URX4 rail from KAC..... you think it's junk? Lol
    Yes! everything will be as AMBI as possible.
    As far as handguard goes, we want to make it as lightweight as possible. There is enough over built, non-engineered, heavy products on the market. It's time for something well thought-out.

I think the URX4 is disgusting. And Keymod??? Really? No way.
    MLOK or threaded holes for simple mounting.

May be just our thoughts.. but this video shows how KEY MOD fails https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsPh1wWKXjs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar

Must be offered in 9mm 10mm, 40 and 357SIG or make it with a quick change barrel system so those with a 357SIG reamer can make their own :0

Glock mags sVP
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post

Here are my suggestions as a person who has owned almost every non restricted pistol calibre carbine currently available.

-Glock mag option is a must. Obviously. Im biased because its what I use but they are the most universally available and accepted...
    -Ambi means nothing to me... I'm a righty. But youll open up alot of sales if its at least ambi ejection capable.
    -I LOVE side chargers. My favourite AR of all time was my Gibbz side charger. AR style charging handles are ergonomically silly.
    -Id love ergonomics as close to an AR as possible. Definitely need AR compatible grip and stock setup. Would be cool IMO if it was designed to be able to accept Compact Carbine Stock setups like the NEA CCS...
    -More important than being easy to take apart for storage is being easy for cleaning. Lots of people shoot cheaper/dirtier pistol calibre ammo so its important to be able to take the gun apart often to clean it. I loved my Thureon carbine for that reason and didnt love my JR Carbine for the same reason. No tools...
    -dont care about take down as far as having the barrel removable. Unless its for a quick calibre change option. Then its awesome
    -Light weight is good, but price is better. Guns like these pretty much live and die by their price point. Which is why more JR carbines are sold than Thureon... the thureon is a better gun but costs a good bit more than the JR.
    -Would love if it accepted standard AR style hand guards. Then the buyer can choose whatever style/length/features they want. You guys don't like Keymod, but many people do.
    -Made in canada is a bonus. I much prefer to support this country and its small businesses. If I can buy canadian I always do. But if it means its going to be priced out of range for the average guy, its not the be-all and end all for me.
    -A gun with all these features could sell for $1000-1400 IMO. But as i said, cheaper is ALWAYS better. Is it better to sell 1000 guns at $1000 or 250 guns at $1500?

Those are my thoughts. Parts interchangeability with the AR platform is so important IMO. Super excited to see what you guys come up with.
    We really appreciate all your hard work and thought into this.
    We'd be honored if you share this with your friends, as we want to drum up as much support as possible.

This will not be cheap for us to do, and we'll have to go get a pretty big loan. However, this is what business is about right!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post

Must be offered in 9mm 10mm, 40 and 357SIG or make it with a quick change barrel system so those with a 357SIG reamer can make their own :0

Glock mags sVP
    Thank you so much! Please share this news with your friends!

Quote Originally Posted by bross View Post
    Vote for a 7.62x25mm version.
    This.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post

x2 (what he said).

I own a JRC and I love it.

Takedown for cleaning made easy would be a huge improvement. Interchangeable hand guards and grips and stocks with ar15 would be great. Last round bolt hold open. Glock mags.

I'm in for a 10mm or 45acp.

Q1 - 2
    Q2 - 2
    Q3 - 1
    Q4 - 1!!!!
    Q5 - 1!!!!
    Q6 - 1
    Q7 - 2 (maybe 3 depending on predicted lifespan)
    Q8 - 3 (perhaps 2 depending on how it's done)
    Q9 - 1
    Q10 - 2 (or 3 at most pls)

Have a Kel Tec sub 2k 2nd Gen and while I really like it would prefer something equally transportable but more robust.

Take down (or folding), irons and Glock mags are a must for me.

Good luck!
    Indeed,
    it ain't over until the nourishment enhanced non male peoplekind sings.
    straightandnarrow