Building the Best Canadian Made Pistol Carbine (Non-Restricted!)

lockharttactical

Expired Business Member
Please help us by answering our POLL! (Don't have Facebook? LOOK Below)

Lockhart Tactical would be honored to have your quick thoughts while we ramp up to build the best pistol caliber carbine while our UBS-12 is in production.

Key features we plan on implementing:
1) Ambi charing handle (side charging or AR15 style)
2) Ambi ejection
3) Last Round Open Bolt Hold
4) Bolt Release
5) Tool-less receiver take down for easy cleaning
6) Tool-less 1 second (handguard + barrel) take down quick release for compact storing and cleaning
7) High end USA MADE carbon fiber / Stainless Steel barrel Included at no additonal cost
8) Lifetime warranty on barrel
9) Lifetime warranty on firearm
10) Entire firearm as lightweight as possible
11) Will accept Glock Mags, Smith / Wesson M&P Mags and others high in demand
) Made in Canada!
13) Impressive skeletonized handguard with ability to add rails on all sides, MLOK or bolt on, NO KEYMOD junk!

Target price point: Under $1400 CDN

We will make the carbine look as similar to an AR15 as possible while maintaining our own design to ensure it is NON-RESTRICTED.

Picture below shows the high end barrel (May end up being RED / BLACK carbon fiber!)

LT-Carbine.jpg

If you don't have Facebook, we'd give you a pat on the back! If it wasn't for it's social media usefulness in business, we wouldn't have it either!

Anyways...

Here are the questions we ask:

Q1) Is an ambidextrous ejection port important to you when buying a firearm?
We want to ensure we have the features that most want, while keeping the cost as low as possible
Option 1: I only buy firearms that are capable of ejection on both sides
Option 2: No, I would buy it anyways

Q2) Is an ambidextrous charging handle important?
Option 1: I only buy firearms that are capable of ambi charging
Option 2: No, I would buy it anyways

Q3) Do you prefer side charging handles or an AR15 style charging handle?

Option 1: I prefer side charging handles (Left or Right side of the firearm)
Option 2: I prefer AR15 style charging handles

Q4) Does "Take Down" matter? Do you care if you can separate the rifle easily to make it more compact?
We plan on developing a 1 second, tool-less twist lock release that separates the Barrel and hand guard together as one piece from the receiver Allowing super compact storage, and easy cleaning
Option 1: I prefer my firearms to have a "Take Down"
Option 2: I wouldn't ever, or very rarely use that feature

Q5) Does weight matter to you?
Of course we want to make everything as lightweight as possible, but we want to know how much it matters to you.
Option 1: Yes, I want everything to be as lightweight as possible
Option 2: I don't care how heavy it is!

Q6) Weight Savings - Would you pay slightly more to save more weight?
Option 1: Pay more for better lighter materials
Option 2: Heavy and cheap works for me

Q7) What kind of barrel? We want to build the best rifle package at the most competitive price possible.
We feel that most companies uses cheap barrels. We want to use the best. If we can include a Carbon Fiber, SS barrel at NO ADDITIONAL COST to you, would you want that? Or prefer just regular steel, or SS?
Lifetime warranty on the barrel! and our Firearm!
Option 1: Plain regular steel - Cheapest
Option 2: Slightly more expensive Stainless Steel - No Rust
Option 3: High-end Stainless Steel Carbon Fiber Wrapped - BEST!

Q8) What kind of forend / handguard?
Option 1: I need a quad rail for accessories on all sides
Option 2: I only need a top and bottom rail
Option 3: I prefer a simple round handguard with no rails or very limited

Q9) Do you care if firearms are made in Canada?
Option 1: Yes! I support Canadian Business - If price is fair
Option 2: Don't Honestly Care, pricing is most important

Q10) Price Point - What price do you think would be fair for an incredible Canadian made Non-Restricted firearm like this
Option 1: 700-1000
Option 2: 1000-1300
Option 3: 1300-1600

Attachments

• LT-Carbine.jpg
    LT-Carbine.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 28,574
Last edited:
Why does it have to look like the AR-15? If it is to be non-restricted, wouldn't that just cause problems if it is easily mistaken for an AR-15?

I love it.
Thanks for innovating and making new products for our Canadian market!!
Price point is nice.
And an NR pistol calibre carbine with the same manual of arms as an AR is awesome.

A couple suggestions (for what it's worth)

** pls Make the charging handle AR or right side pls.
Us lefties hate that left side charger like the xcr.

**for the NR pls Make the handrail as long as the xcr competition rail.
Gets rid of that huge amount of barrel hanging out the end and a lot better for wielding such a long rifle.

**if you can pls make all the controls full ambi.

And a little off topic but I love the URX4 rail from KAC..... you think it's junk? Lol

Oh man... if you guys make something like this for that price, I'm super down.

Here are my suggestions as a person who has owned almost every non restricted pistol calibre carbine currently available.

-Glock mag option is a must. Obviously. Im biased because its what I use but they are the most universally available and accepted...
-Ambi means nothing to me... I'm a righty. But youll open up alot of sales if its at least ambi ejection capable.
-I LOVE side chargers. My favourite AR of all time was my Gibbz side charger. AR style charging handles are ergonomically silly.
-Id love ergonomics as close to an AR as possible. Definitely need AR compatible grip and stock setup. Would be cool IMO if it was designed to be able to accept Compact Carbine Stock setups like the NEA CCS...
-More important than being easy to take apart for storage is being easy for cleaning. Lots of people shoot cheaper/dirtier pistol calibre ammo so its important to be able to take the gun apart often to clean it. I loved my Thureon carbine for that reason and didnt love my JR Carbine for the same reason. No tools...
-dont care about take down as far as having the barrel removable. Unless its for a quick calibre change option. Then its awesome
-Light weight is good, but price is better. Guns like these pretty much live and die by their price point. Which is why more JR carbines are sold than Thureon... the thureon is a better gun but costs a good bit more than the JR.
-Barrel should be threaded.
-Would love if it accepted standard AR style hand guards. Then the buyer can choose whatever style/length/features they want. You guys don't like Keymod, but many people do.
-Made in canada is a bonus. I much prefer to support this country and its small businesses. If I can buy canadian I always do. But if it means its going to be priced out of range for the average guy, its not the be-all and end all for me.
-A gun with all these features could sell for $1000-1400 IMO. But as i said, cheaper is ALWAYS better. Is it better to sell 1000 guns at $1000 or 250 guns at $1500?

Those are my thoughts. Parts interchangeability with the AR platform is so important IMO. Super excited to see what you guys come up with.

I love it.
Thanks for innovating and making new products for our Canadian market!!
Price point is nice.
And an NR pistol calibre carbine with the same manual of arms as an AR is awesome.

A couple suggestions (for what it's worth)

** pls Make the charging handle AR or right side pls.
Us lefties hate that left side charger like the xcr.

**for the NR pls Make the handrail as long as the xcr competition rail.
Gets rid of that huge amount of barrel hanging out the end and a lot better for wielding such a long rifle.

**if you can pls make all the controls full ambi.

And a little off topic but I love the URX4 rail from KAC..... you think it's junk? Lol

Yes! everything will be as AMBI as possible.
As far as handguard goes, we want to make it as lightweight as possible. There is enough over built, non-engineered, heavy products on the market. It's time for something well thought-out.

I think the URX4 is disgusting. And Keymod??? Really? No way.
MLOK or threaded holes for simple mounting.

May be just our thoughts.. but this video shows how KEY MOD fails https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsPh1wWKXjs

Here are my suggestions as a person who has owned almost every non restricted pistol calibre carbine currently available.

-Glock mag option is a must. Obviously. Im biased because its what I use but they are the most universally available and accepted...
-Ambi means nothing to me... I'm a righty. But youll open up alot of sales if its at least ambi ejection capable.
-I LOVE side chargers. My favourite AR of all time was my Gibbz side charger. AR style charging handles are ergonomically silly.
-Id love ergonomics as close to an AR as possible. Definitely need AR compatible grip and stock setup. Would be cool IMO if it was designed to be able to accept Compact Carbine Stock setups like the NEA CCS...
-More important than being easy to take apart for storage is being easy for cleaning. Lots of people shoot cheaper/dirtier pistol calibre ammo so its important to be able to take the gun apart often to clean it. I loved my Thureon carbine for that reason and didnt love my JR Carbine for the same reason. No tools...
-dont care about take down as far as having the barrel removable. Unless its for a quick calibre change option. Then its awesome
-Light weight is good, but price is better. Guns like these pretty much live and die by their price point. Which is why more JR carbines are sold than Thureon... the thureon is a better gun but costs a good bit more than the JR.
-Would love if it accepted standard AR style hand guards. Then the buyer can choose whatever style/length/features they want. You guys don't like Keymod, but many people do.
-Made in canada is a bonus. I much prefer to support this country and its small businesses. If I can buy canadian I always do. But if it means its going to be priced out of range for the average guy, its not the be-all and end all for me.
-A gun with all these features could sell for $1000-1400 IMO. But as i said, cheaper is ALWAYS better. Is it better to sell 1000 guns at $1000 or 250 guns at $1500?

Those are my thoughts. Parts interchangeability with the AR platform is so important IMO. Super excited to see what you guys come up with.

We really appreciate all your hard work and thought into this.
We'd be honored if you share this with your friends, as we want to drum up as much support as possible.

This will not be cheap for us to do, and we'll have to go get a pretty big loan. However, this is what business is about right!

x2 (what he said).

I own a JRC and I love it.

Takedown for cleaning made easy would be a huge improvement. Interchangeable hand guards and grips and stocks with ar15 would be great. Last round bolt hold open. Glock mags.

I'm in for a 10mm or 45acp.

Q1 - 2
Q2 - 2
Q3 - 1
Q4 - 1!!!!
Q5 - 1!!!!
Q6 - 1
Q7 - 2 (maybe 3 depending on predicted lifespan)
Q8 - 3 (perhaps 2 depending on how it's done)
Q9 - 1
Q10 - 2 (or 3 at most pls)

Have a Kel Tec sub 2k 2nd Gen and while I really like it would prefer something equally transportable but more robust.

Take down (or folding), irons and Glock mags are a must for me.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom