Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the Best Canadian Made Pistol Carbine (Non-Restricted!)

Quote Originally Posted by bross View Post
    Vote for a 7.62x25mm version.

+2!

And take the super cheap Tokerav mags too!

My second choice would be 45ACP but Id imagine I'm on my own with that one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lockharttactical View Post
    Thank you so much! Please share this news with your friends!
    Will do. the more I think about it, a quick change barrel would be worth it on a 1400.00 gun... then charge for the bolt heads and new barrels (DROOL)
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    You know you can create a poll for people to check off the most important features, yes? It should be ambi, ambi, side, takedown, lightweight, lightweight, carbon fibre, keymod, Canadian and take Glock magazines (the last point being the most important). I would also add that it needs to be non-restricted and compact. Did I mention the weight? If it does all this I think a decent price point would be in the $1200-$1500 range.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

1)as a righty,no,ambi ejection is moot to me.but if you can design something that send casing out at a proper angle AWAY from the shooter,it doesent matter.

2)again not really,but considering how easy it is to make a swappable side charger,why not.

3)side charge all the way

4)no,but if it has a folding stock,better yet and underfolder,I'd be all over it.

5) if it's not about what a thureon defense or Jr carbine is,I'm good with it....make it the same weight as a suomi 31 and you've failed miserably.

6)stamped steel or billet aluminum ,heavy or light,I'll likely buy something like this regardless make it compatible with commonly available AR hamdguards and everyone can configure it as they want.

7)pencil profile,nitride finish steel.

8)make it compatiable with AR-15 handguards.no need to reinvent the wheel if you don't have to.less time and money spent designing something that's be done a million times.

9)to a point ,yes.considering NEA is making a NR semi .308,and potentially a 9mm based on the same design,for around 1700 bucks,your always going to be compared to that. If you can get a RELIABLE manufacturer overseas or in the US to make them for you,I would likely buy one if it was a good price. But I'll always support Canadian made over Chinese or Turkish.

10)you have to stay competeive with the JR carbines and Thureon defense stuff,so between 900 and 1400 depending on options.

A few things I'd add:

Glock mags first,being the most popular option,9mm first,UNLESS you can make a 7.62x25 work somehow.make it AR grip compatible,

If it's going to use a buffer like an AR FOR GOD SAKES MAKE IT MILSPEC.

If it's going to have an intergrated rail,built in flip ups would be awesome.

This guy has made what I think a lot of us want: https://youtu.be/6uHuH9zDDBk
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    I'd prefer a bullbup design.
    Last edited by blaxsun; 07-13-2017 at 12:23 AM.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

CGN Regular
    I love the idea. I can agree that mlock is a good idea as the army is adopting it and it will become the standard as a result.

To say that keymod sucks and use that video as an example is not exactly wise from a marketing standpoint. I couldn't get past him saying it was backwards. Stopped watching at that point. Let people buy what they want.

Agree with others that glock mags. Light as possible. As similar to an ar as possible especially in takedown and controls. Furniture and trigger compatibility would be a great selling point. Definitely needs a reliable last round bolt hold open. I would be much happier with an ar style charging handle but could live with a side charger.

If it can be taken down in half easily I guess that would be a neat bonus but not super high on my list compared to the above mentioned.

Is it blowback or gas operated?

Like the idea. Good luck.
    Last edited by swbw2000; 07-12-2017 at 08:15 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    Great idea, I wish you well. I hope that the ambidextrous controls don't add to the pricing too much. I've always been anti-ambi simply because I'm right-handed and if I buy a rifle I'm buying it for myself and have zero desire to ever shoot left.
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.

If you give me one that takes Sig P226 mags, I will pay you all of the money.

The main reason I didn't go with a TNR Aero was the dual ejection ports. Didn't want gas and unburned powder coming right back into my face.

If you make it ambi please, add an ejection port cover for the unused side.
    Indeed,
    it ain't over until the nourishment enhanced non male peoplekind sings.
    straightandnarrow

What's the operating system? Gas or delay blowback?