Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24343637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the Best Canadian Made Pistol Carbine (Non-Restricted!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Actually they do it to gauge interest, that way they know if a project is viable or not. The Canadian firearms market isn’t huge, and a specific firearm that’s built from the ground up takes a lot of R&D, you don’t want to waste money if you don’t have a large enough market to make a profit. Companies who do no market research aren’t usually around that long.

Glad to see another company making firearms for Canadians! Hopefully the RCMP are quick and we get NR!
    Well that's all fine and dandy, but without knowing if it's going to be restricted or non-restricted, it's night and day how they will sell!!! If it comes in as restricted, they won't sell nearly as many, so that can't really be a viable reason at all and is a total crap shoot!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitsauce View Post
    Well that's all fine and dandy, but without knowing if it's going to be restricted or non-restricted, it's night and day how they will sell!!! If it comes in as restricted, they won't sell nearly as many, so that can't really be a viable reason at all and is a total crap shoot!
    Since they got a market for this rifle I’m sure they’d at least make back the R&D costs on it with a restricted. But that’s also something they’d have realized is an option for the RCMP classification team. Without doing market research they’d have no idea if a NR or R version would sell. Plus this way the community told them what features were important and which they could leave out.

Try designing and building a product without any idea if someone would buy it.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Since they got a market for this rifle I’m sure they’d at least make back the R&D costs on it with a restricted. But that’s also something they’d have realized is an option for the RCMP classification team. Without doing market research they’d have no idea if a NR or R version would sell. Plus this way the community told them what features were important and which they could leave out.

Try designing and building a product without any idea if someone would buy it.

We're combining, sought after features, artistic design, and affordability.
    Yes, it is an expensive risk. We count on the support of Canadian firearm owners to see that we're doing our best to be on your side. Providing you the best services as we can. Not every business has endless bank accounts. Some of us, are just doing our best to be team players.

The government is the government. I could bang my head on a wall for the next 120 years and still have enough frustration to keep going... However as a business, we can't let them hold us back. The Raven will live.

As for a crap shoot? The biggest crap shoot, is the "community".
    How many people out of 2M+ firearm owners have stood up again C71??????

The "community" as a whole is a joke, which I find more frustrating in itself that the joke of a government we have "looking after us".

To be honest, who cares if some "special minded" liberal gets visited by the bright idea fairy while they are trying to figure out how to dress themselves, and thinks they need to tighten firearm ownership... Fair enough! Bigger mistakes have happened. Case in point.. our current PM's birth.

If they can propose the dumbest S#*@, that a 3rd grader could figure out is useless.... then we should be proposing legalizing silencers, open carry, abolishing the useless "restricted" program and the likes.

The problem isn't THEM. They will always exist The problem is US. Where are we? Who's holding the line against these guys?

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-1608
    80,832 signatures as of 22 JUN 18.

Are you kidddddddinggg me????? 4% of us?

***Keyboard mashing stops***

Don't any of you dare read this and try to turn this into us not being a supporter of the community.
    We need to give our heads a shake though and stop thinking we're the victims. We have the power to change it. Be part of the change team, not the couch potato, b*tch all day and do nothing team.

Also... we're very excited for the Raven, and we'll be working around the clock when it gets approved.
    Sleeping is for the dead... right?

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    May the force be with you ...Samuel
    You are totally right
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    ^^^ I agree 1000% with what you are saying.

CGN Regular kingstonsportshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lockharttactical View Post
    We're combining, sought after features, artistic design, and affordability.
    Yes, it is an expensive risk. We count on the support of Canadian firearm owners to see that we're doing our best to be on your side. Providing you the best services as we can. Not every business has endless bank accounts. Some of us, are just doing our best to be team players.

The government is the government. I could bang my head on a wall for the next 120 years and still have enough frustration to keep going... However as a business, we can't let them hold us back. The Raven will live.

As for a crap shoot? The biggest crap shoot, is the "community".
    How many people out of 2M+ firearm owners have stood up again C71??????

The "community" as a whole is a joke, which I find more frustrating in itself that the joke of a government we have "looking after us".

To be honest, who cares if some "special minded" liberal gets visited by the bright idea fairy while they are trying to figure out how to dress themselves, and thinks they need to tighten firearm ownership... Fair enough! Bigger mistakes have happened. Case in point.. our current PM's birth.

If they can propose the dumbest S#*@, that a 3rd grader could figure out is useless.... then we should be proposing legalizing silencers, open carry, abolishing the useless "restricted" program and the likes.

The problem isn't THEM. They will always exist The problem is US. Where are we? Who's holding the line against these guys?

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-1608
    80,832 signatures as of 22 JUN 18.

Are you kidddddddinggg me????? 4% of us?

***Keyboard mashing stops***

Don't any of you dare read this and try to turn this into us not being a supporter of the community.
    We need to give our heads a shake though and stop thinking we're the victims. We have the power to change it. Be part of the change team, not the couch potato, b*tch all day and do nothing team.

Also... we're very excited for the Raven, and we'll be working around the clock when it gets approved.
    Sleeping is for the dead... right?
    Agreed!!!!
    Member CCFR, OFAH, NDRGC PROJECT MAPLESEED

CGN frequent flyer
    A post like that and the response a person has to it will tell you exactly which side they are on. Keep up the good work Lockhart!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    My Credit Card has stopped smoking from last month. I am so waiting....
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

im waiting as well....please and thank you to Lockhart for the hardwork...the community is there...!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Agreed. Nice rant. Well deserved too, so few gun owners can be bothered to stand up for themselves and for us.

I eagerly await the Raven. I think it'll be the perfect rifle for my wife and kids to shoot and learn on.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.