Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the Best Canadian Made Pistol Carbine (Non-Restricted!)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lockharttactical View Post
    We're not going to come out and say this is the barrel we're going to use on our non-restricted pistol caliber carbines
    Raven9 (9mm)
    Raven10 (10mm)
    Raven40 (.40)
    and Raven45 (.45)

...But these are the barrels we're going to be using.
    With an MSRP of around $650 CDN per barrel, we'll be buying massive amounts of them to drive our cost per unit down.

...Allowing us to offer these USA MADE Stainless Steel barrels built with the most highly advanced carbon fiber technology, creating a lightweight barrel weighing around 1lb!
    Did we mention lifetime warranty on our barrels? If you ever out-shoot them, we'll replace them.

Colors we will bring to market:
    Black
    Black / Red
    Flat Dark Earth (FDE)

Our target price point for our pistol caliber carbine is under $1400 CDN.
    Target weight for the entire carbine is 5.5lbs

Key features we plan on implementing:
    1) Ambi charging handle solution (Choose side charging or AR15 style)
    2) Ambi ejection
    3) Last round open bolt hold
    4) Bolt release
    5) Tool-less single pin receiver take down for easy cleaning
    6) Tool-less 1 second (handguard + barrel) take down quick release for compact storing and cleaning
    7) High end USA MADE carbon fiber / Stainless Steel barrel Included at no additional cost
    8) Lifetime warranty on barrel
    9) Lifetime warranty on firearm
    10) Entire firearm as lightweight as possible (target 5.5lb)
    11) Will accept Glock Mags, Smith / Wesson M&P Mags and others high in demand
    12) Made in Canada!
    Once on the market, we will be selling these worldwide through distribution.

Share this with your fellow firearm owners!

Are you curious what other people said in our POLL?
    Check it out here! https://contest.fbapp.io/results/raven9

****Have you subscribed to our website to get updates on the Ravens release? Just scroll down to the bottom of the page to join! https://www.lockharttactical.com/clearance ***

Attachment 109144Attachment 109145Attachment 109146Attachment 109147
    As awesome as this is, it sounds like you should be able to create a budget build with regular steel barrels around the 7 lb mark and make us poor folk happy as well.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Canadian Made and it MUST be reliable.
    Yes I would be interested if the price does not get out of hand.
    FDE for me in .45ACP.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lockharttactical View Post
    Raven9 (9mm)
    Raven10 (10mm)
    Raven40 (.40)
    and Raven45 (.45)

With an MSRP of around $650 CDN per barrel,
    Our target price point for our pistol caliber carbine is under $1400 CDN.
    To much rifle for cartridges with crappy ballistics?

Great barrel, and a lot of gun for the money, but..

9mm is a 100 yard round. BTW: Max velocity for typical 9mm is from a 16 inch barrel, some rounds peak at 14 inches. At 18.5 inches, the bullet is slowing down inside the barrel, even a carbon wrapped one.

I question if a super quality PPC is not barking up the wrong tree. Sounds to me a bit like spending money "accurizing" an SKS, rather than enjoying an SKS for what it is, or ditching it and buying CZ bolt instead.

10mm should do better (and 45 acp worse?). Any one know the ballistics of 45acp from a rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by whimsy View Post

9mm is a 100 yard round. BTW: Max velocity for typical 9mm is from a 16 inch barrel, some rounds peak at 14 inches. At 18.5 inches, the bullet is slowing down inside the barrel, even a carbon wrapped one.

I question if a super quality PPC is not barking up the wrong tree. Sounds to me a bit like spending money "accurizing" an SKS, rather than enjoying an SKS for what it is, or ditching it and buying CZ bolt instead.

10mm should do better (and 45 acp worse?). Any one know the ballistics of 45acp from a rifle?
    Carbon wrapped is a massive mistake for this project in my eyes,9mm and .40 are not meant to be fired from anything even close to 18.5",so spending a ton of money on high end carbon wrapped barrels is a absolute waste and is just adding to the overall cost.
    Melonite or similar treatment on steel with a light profile is good enough for me,I'm not going to expect to be sub Moa with a PCC so why spend so damn much on a crazy barrel.

Not mention as a NR pcc I want to be able to use and abuse this thing hiking,on atvs,in the truck,etc.i really want something durable and worry free,carbon is not that.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    i really want something durable and worry free,carbon is not that.

Side charging handles are also much nicer than the AR style rear ones IMO.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whimsy View Post

www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/45auto.html
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    Carbon fiber is crazy durable. An open barrel would scratch up and look terrible after it hits rocks etc.

Carbon won't!

I can slam this Barrel against a steel pole and it will still shoot the same.

CGN Regular
    Your build is well thought out just go with that,maybe different colours and calibers

CGN Regular
    Go above average in quality and specs but don't price it too high
    With the economy anything above 1400 including taxes is getting too expensive
    Make it rugged but not hk and benelli shotgun expensive and you'll have a winner