Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the Best Canadian Made Pistol Carbine (Non-Restricted!)

Expired Business Member
    To make this as short, and straight to the point as possible... Here we go!

1) How many firearms are made in Canada? Answer. Not enough!
    We're Canadian and proud of it.

2) Why make a new PCC when there is this option, and that option, and this option already avail?
    If you think the BRS-99 at 1,599.00 + 299 for a barrel upgrade to make it NR, is the rifle for you... Then your mind is already made up and you most likely don't even care about our project.
    Not even getting to the facts to mention that $299 barrel is non threaded, and plain jane regular steel.

3) What are we going to do differently?
    Instead of charging you $300 for a lame barrel, we want to offer you a Stainless Steel, Carbon Wrapped Barrel that is threaded for LESS money! Did I mention made in the USA??? Not in where-ever-the-stan.
    The goal is, high end, functional, reliable, and a FAIR price.

4) We're getting a lot of calls, and emails, social media messages and the rest with people offering their ideas such as
    "Make is real cheap, heavy, and clunky"
    "Who cares what it looks like..."
    "Make it 500$"
    "Why don't you just offer a heavy, steel, barrel and make the price lower?"

There is already heavy, boring, semi-functional products on the market. If you want them, get them. If you want more for your money... keep reading

The plan is to take a $650 ultra high end barrel and offset the costs enough from hacking away our profits to make this affordable for the average shooter. Does it make us a ton of money?? NO.
    Do we plan on cutting any corners on manufacturing? NO.

*Point to note* We have put out many quote requests to barrel manufactures. The cost savings from plain steel to SS Carbon is too small to offset the lameness of lower end barrels.
    Barrel Color options: (BLACK), (BLACK / RED), (FLAT DARK EARTH)

If you are the kind of person that would go out to a fancy restaurant and not pay an extra $2 to upgrade your side to what you really wanted... then you're not going to ever agree with us.
    If you are the kind of person who appreciates great value. You'll probably love that we're trying to go above and beyond for our clients.

5) But I just want it simple, without extras!
    We're heard a lot of people saying they don't need anything special. They just want reliable, Canadian Made, and for the best price possible.
    No problem! Any good company, listens to what people want.

At this time, we do plan on releasing a base model, without many extras, as well as a fully loaded option

6) Future Growth. This is the first step, building a PCC. Next... who knows! We want to make semi auto rifle calibers too
    Stay tuned.

Sisu - The will of the Finnish people to overcome against impossible odds.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    An affordable made in Canada accurate bullpup bolt-action 308 or larger calibre would be cool.
    Mismatch is the new black

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lockharttactical View Post

2) Why make a new PCC when there is this option, and that option, and this option already avail?
    If you think the BRS-99 at 1,599.00 + 299 for a barrel upgrade to make it NR, is the rifle for you... Then your mind is already made up and you most likely don't even care about our project.
    Not even getting to the facts to mention that $299 barrel is non threaded, and plain jane regular steel.

Instead of charging you $300 for a lame barrel, we want to offer you a Stainless Steel, Carbon Wrapped Barrel that is threaded for LESS money! Did I mention made in the USA??? Not in where-ever-the-stan.

4) We're getting a lot of calls, and emails, social media messages and the rest with people offering their ideas such as
    "Make it 500$"

There is already heavy, boring, semi-functional products on the market. If you want them, get them. If you want more for your money... keep reading

The plan is to take a $650 ultra high end barrel and offset the costs enough from hacking away our profits to make this affordable for the average shooter. Does it make us a ton of money?? NO.

*Point to note* We have put out many quote requests to barrel manufactures. The cost savings from plain steel to SS Carbon is too small to offset the lameness of lower end barrels.

If you are the kind of person that would go out to a fancy restaurant and not pay an extra $2 to upgrade your side to what you really wanted... then you're not going to ever agree with us.
    If you are the kind of person who appreciates great value. You'll probably love that we're trying to go above and beyond for our clients.

We're heard a lot of people saying they don't need anything special. They just want reliable, Canadian Made, and for the best price possible.

At this time, we do plan on releasing a base model, without many extras, as well as a fully loaded option

6) Future Growth. This is the first step, building a PCC. Next... who knows! We want to make semi auto rifle calibers too
    Stay tuned.
    NOW you have my attention.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Regular
    Just build this gun people will buy a quality made firearm made in Canada I will be buying one.

Well said lockharttactical. A pistol caliber rifle is not high on my wants but this does have my attention and will be watching with interest!
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lockharttactical View Post

"Make it 500$"

Stay tuned.
    agree 1000000%
    after reading this, I don't even care if it looks like a brick with a trigger. I will purchase one and support this. So sick of everyone bitching about costs
    when you are already going out of your way. People need to learn how to save or find a cheaper hobby like knitting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Would also love to see a 7.62x25 carbine come to light
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    Would also love to see a 7.62x25 carbine come to light
    I agree that is definitely something we could use in our market.
    Sisu - The will of the Finnish people to overcome against impossible odds.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    There is already lots of cheap stuff on the market. I own some cheap stuff, and they fill a niche. But I see no reason to bring a new Canadian made firearm to market that is designed to meet a Chinese price point.

Make it good, don't make it to satisfy the "It's gotta be cheap" crowd. There is no winning the race to the bottom game.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!