Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262728293031323334353637384050 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the Best Canadian Made Pistol Carbine (Non-Restricted!)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheRock View Post
    Lockhart - are you able to confirm if an MVB ARC stock would fit?
    x2!

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeVlad View Post
    There's a line that needs to be drawn tho, why not make the internals out of industrial diamond??

It's like buying a fully loaded truck vs a base model.. How many of the feature ur getting in the loaded version are really worth the money.... Cus ultimately the base model will get u from point a to point B for $10000 less
    Well, sure...and I understand that you're using exaggeration to illustrate your point, but no one is talking about putting a $1000 barrel on it.
    I would gladly pay $100 or $200 extra to get a high quality barrel. Absolutely, yes.

Of course, I think much of this depends on personal priorities, such as intended use. I would be looking at this thing to use in dynamic shooting/carbine matches (b/c I'm anticipating that the 10 round mags for my AR will soon be made "illegal" by the Mounties). So ya, gimme that fancy barrel and a top notch trigger. I'll gladly pay extra if it shaves a few seconds off of my time in a match...
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by jacotsmith View Post
    x2!
    If it takes a standard AR tube it should,but again,Lockhart!?
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

It's not the buffer tube that has me worried, it's the clearance on the lower receiver as the rods run right up tight to the receiver. It looks like the receiver I got be a little thicker right at the rear where the buffer tube mounts.

I took the poll on fb. I second the 10mm, and would love a 45ACP exchange kit. How far down the road before this all goes down?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheRock View Post
    Lockhart - are you able to confirm if an MVB ARC stock would fit?
    We don't have one of those stocks here.
    Our buffer tube is a standard mil spec.

If someone has the buttstock, and is handy with a set of calibers and can give me ACCURATE dimensions and a drawing to show where all dimensions are taken from, I can take a look for you.
    Or ship us the stock, and we'll try it on

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    Not sure if this has already been asked/answered, but is the handguard MLOK? And any chance of some different stock options? (this will just go up on the EE or gifted)
    HG is MLOK and also will have threaded holes for all you "bolt on" rail guys.
    We love having dual systems.

A modular, adaptable firearm WILL take care of you.

Expired Business Member
    Based on more polling, and per client request
    We are now deleting the carbon fiber option.

We will try to still get some in for those who wish to upgrade.

However, all barrels will now be 100% 416R Stainless Steel, same precision 5R button rifling.

Due to the savings of changing barrel companies, we are now able to use that saved money to include our take down handguard for FREE

We did look into non SS barrels, and the cost difference was about 20$, however the non SS would need to have a black nitrite coating to protect them from rusting, and that additional cost brought the price up to be nearly identical.
    SS was the best choice!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Awesome, that is a good move in my opinion. Also will make you more competitive with other PCC's that are rumored to be in the works.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AB.boy View Post
    Awesome, that is a good move in my opinion. Also will make you more competitive with other PCC's that are rumored to be in the works.
    Competitive isn't really the right word, as our carbine will blow them out of the water (features vs features).

However it does drop our price point which makes the choice between Canadian made precision vs imported and lacking, much easier