Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the Best Canadian Made Pistol Carbine (Non-Restricted!)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    The great part about 10mmAuto, the bolt face does not change between .40S&W, 10mmAuto AND 357SIG or even 9x25 Dillon!!! MONSTER!!!!
    Glock mags.

PS, if I nesd $$$ now, can I get delivery for september in 40 cal with 10mm and 357SIG? or, just give me a 9mm barrel, I have my SIG reamer at the house...
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    I'm not sure about the appeal of a NR rifle using glock magazines. Most people who own glock magazine also own a glock. It means they have a RPAL. And it's not like one will go hunting with a 9mm. So in the end, it's gonna be used at a range by a guy with an RPAL. So what's the point of making an extra effort/paying more for NR?

Make it a 223 and 6.5 grendel with AR mags (which are also 10 rounds, mostly) and you just got an awesome hunting rifle available to anyone with a NR PAL (which is 96% of all PALs).
    This comment makes no sense ...9mm is perfect for small game hunting... And ALOT of people buy PPCs for NR plinking. They all use glock mags because let's face it, there available everywhere and are very affordable.
    Sharing is Caring.....

Quote Originally Posted by Erickson5006 View Post
    Man Canadians are cheap... Screw cost, just make a good gun that earns a good reputation. Cut costs after all the bugs are worked out and you guys have a coveted firearm
    I want the bugs out before release and so does any reputable company..guess you pay more for an experimental vehicle that leaves you on the side of the highway.

Q1:2
    Q2:2
    Q3:1
    Q4:1
    Q5:1
    Q6:1
    Q7:3
    Q8:2
    Q9:1
    Q10:3

By light as possible I mean ar15 light, anything less would just be extra cool points. Having the gun able to accept a wide range of mags would be super cool, maybe sell adapters seperate to accept cz mags or glock mags. Ive been looking to buy a good 9mm NR carbine for quite some time because static ranges are no fun when it comes to carbines.
    Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    So who and where is this new toy going to be built ???? Canada or the United States or china ????
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeVlad View Post
    This comment makes no sense ...9mm is perfect for small game hunting... And ALOT of people buy PPCs for NR plinking. They all use glock mags because let's face it, there available everywhere and are very affordable.
    Except if you run glock mags, you have a laundry list of NR PCCs to pick from already. Do you really need ANOTHER? Give literally any other mag brand some love. Any of em.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilius View Post
    Except if you run glock mags, you have a laundry list of NR PCCs to pick from already. Do you really need ANOTHER? Give literally any other mag brand some love. Any of em.
    Yes. Glock mags are inexpensive And since other carbines use them it makes sense.
    Beretta mags only fit their carbines and certain guns etc.

for better or worse, GLOCK pistols are one of the most popular tupperware guns out there, and most prolific. Jump in, the water is great
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

CGN Regular groundskeeper willy's Avatar
    Takedown is not needed and keep all furniture and the "theme" as basic/lowest cost as possible.
    People can always add on stuff later. Focus on mechanical simplicity and reliability and not plasticky.
    Offer 'first aid' kits for parts-fiend hoarders who want a spare firing pin/extractor/some springs/etc as available for ARs.
    Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer, Now I are one.

CGN Regular
    Tip to Lockhart
    Use survey monkey
    Free for the kind of survey you wany and will Talley all the options ND give you a report
    No filling out options in posts

Q1) Is an ambidextrous ejection port important to you when buying a firearm?
    Option 2: No, I would buy it anyways

Q2) Is an ambidextrous charging handle important?
    Option 2: No, I would buy it anyways

Q3) Do you prefer side charging handles or an AR15 style charging handle?
    Option 1: I prefer side charging handles (Left or Right side of the firearm)

Q4) Does "Take Down" matter? Do you care if you can separate the rifle easily to make it more compact?
    We plan on developing a 1 second, tool-less twist lock release that separates the Barrel and hand guard together as one piece from the receiver Allowing super compact storage, and easy cleaning
    Option 2: I wouldn't ever, or very rarely use that feature Not a make or break feature for me....

Q5) Does weight matter to you?
    Of course we want to make everything as lightweight as possible, but we want to know how much it matters to you.
    Strike a balance and it doesn't matter: too light is just as bad as too heavy

Q6) Weight Savings - Would you pay slightly more to save more weight?

See above

Q7) What kind of barrel? We want to build the best rifle package at the most competitive price possible.
    We feel that most companies uses cheap barrels. We want to use the best. If we can include a Carbon Fiber, SS barrel at NO ADDITIONAL COST to you, would you want that? Or prefer just regular steel, or SS?
    Lifetime warranty on the barrel! and our Firearm!

Option 2: Slightly more expensive Stainless Steel - No Rust

Q8) What kind of forend / handguard?

Option 3: I prefer a simple round handguard with no rails or very limited
    People are funny: they want lightweight then ask for a quadrail to weigh it down again with useless options for the most part.
    Small Rail (3") on two side and on bottom. Plenty for all practical uses.

Q9) Do you care if firearms are made in Canada?
    Option 1: Yes! I support Canadian Business - If price is fair

Q10) Price Point - What price do you think would be fair for an incredible Canadian made Non-Restricted firearm like this

Option 2: 1000-1300
    Aero. Beretta storms and JR's are similarly priced.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!