Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wow!!! Talk about a great service and fast CFO approval!!!!

Supporting Dealer Al Flaherty's's Avatar
    2066 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario, M6E3R6
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45auto View Post
    Why/how do you NEED a personal sporting use only, civilian restricted transfer rushed?
    Because the weather is nice, and people want to go outside. Need is a relative question, but the Summer is short and people want to enjoy it.
    Team Al Flaherty's
    www.alflahertys.com
    info@alflahertys.com
    416-651-6436
    Toll free 1-888-651-6436
    Follow us on Twitter @Al Flaherty's
    Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/al_flahertys/

The "hole" province has slowed down to going backwards. Liberals running it into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by srnm View Post
    I feel your pain, I have 2 transfers waiting to be approved...
    Am I going to draw fire for saying that... the most I have ever waited in Alberta is 48 hours?

Sorry.

Fire away

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You guys have it easy. Try a transfer in Quebec. Minimum 5 days. Usually it's around 2 weeks, sometimes more. For a first AR, it's a minimum 30 days waiting period. I think that's because our CFO just hates every single one of us.

The irony is that beyond the first transfer, it's merely a rubberstamp. It shouldn't take more than an hour, no matter what province you live in. If you think about it, it should take the same time to transfer a restricted firearm as it takes to change ownership on a car (a few keystroke), the process is exactly the same.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Flaherty's View Post
    Because the weather is nice, and people want to go outside. Need is a relative question, but the Summer is short and people want to enjoy it.
    So if we all call in with this "need" it willl be sped up?!

I worked hard getting the money saved up for my gun ($1000), I joined a club ($600) took their safety class...then had to attended 3 separate supervised shoot events (had to cut shifts short 3 weeks in a row to be able to go to them) to prove I am safe and able to hit the target board at least...all to be allowed to bring my own pistol which I am waiting weeks on...

Do I have this "need" now? Do I call and say hurry up please or?!

Supporting Dealer Al Flaherty's's Avatar
    2066 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario, M6E3R6
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45auto View Post
    So if we all call in with this "need" it willl be sped up?!

I worked hard getting the money saved up for my gun ($1000), I joined a club ($600) took their safety class...then had to attended 3 separate supervised shoot events (had to cut shifts short 3 weeks in a row to be able to go to them) to prove I am safe and able to hit the target board at least...all to be allowed to bring my own pistol which I am waiting weeks on...

Do I have this "need" now? Do I call and say hurry up please or?!
    All I can say is be polite, and don't say need unless you have a pending competition. Catch more flies with honey and all that.
    Team Al Flaherty's
    www.alflahertys.com
    info@alflahertys.com
    416-651-6436
    Toll free 1-888-651-6436
    Follow us on Twitter @Al Flaherty's
    Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/al_flahertys/

Quote Originally Posted by elwoodpdowd View Post
    Secondly the fast turn around from the CFO giving approval for my restricted purchase. I was expecting to wait days but I'll take the 24 hours wait instead.
    Yep. That's almost as good as actually being free. Either way though I guess.

Last one I just did here in sask,completed the transfer at 1645 Friday had the email in my inbox at 0610 monday
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

that is weird. im in ontario and havent waited more than 1.5 weeks for any of my multiple transfers. weird

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    FWIW 6 months ago Transfers in/to BC used to take 12-24 hours. Now they are around 7-10 days.......
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast