Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

Be careful with the Hudson. From what I saw at SHOT Show earlier this year, the pistol was not yet ready for prime-time. It seemed to be very much a "boutique gun" rather than a serious fighting or target firearm. The fit and finish on the samples at SHOT were pretty bad, the controls were very small and awkward to manipulate and the sights were quite "meh". The pistols available for firing at the media range day were total jam-o-matics, with the staff short-loading mags in a effort to reduce stoppages. I have nothing against the Hudson per se, but cannot recommend it based on what I saw 6 months ago. Maybe they have vastly improved the production model, but I sure wouldn't want to be a Beta-Tester or responsible for delivering warranty service! Just one guy's opinion, YMMV, of course. Definitely do some research before you stock this pistol or purchase one.....
    Mark C

Any updates on these pistols? I know they had some "problems" with suppliers. Just wondering if communication to vendors has been better then to the public?

Seeing these on are the market now and somewhat readily available, any chance you will be bringing these in?

I've been looking constantly, but I haven't seen one actually in stock anywhere in the States. Hudson claims they have started shipping, but I haven't seen photos or videos of a consumer with one yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlglkfOb0_o

Seems this guy bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by cwblackwell88 View Post
    Seems this guy bought one.
    There are a lot more reviews out now. I'm interested in the gun for sure. Military Arms Channel has a video that shows a great gun and I saw another review where a bit of the safety was not deburred and caused some issues with inserting the mag (ANR Design LLC). I'll most likely buy one still though even with initial run QC issues.

I agree with you there. I think problems have been resolved, but it's still a boutique pistol for the collector I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Be careful with the Hudson. From what I saw at SHOT Show earlier this year, the pistol was not yet ready for prime-time. It seemed to be very much a "boutique gun" rather than a serious fighting or target firearm. The fit and finish on the samples at SHOT were pretty bad, the controls were very small and awkward to manipulate and the sights were quite "meh". The pistols available for firing at the media range day were total jam-o-matics, with the staff short-loading mags in a effort to reduce stoppages. I have nothing against the Hudson per se, but cannot recommend it based on what I saw 6 months ago. Maybe they have vastly improved the production model, but I sure wouldn't want to be a Beta-Tester or responsible for delivering warranty service! Just one guy's opinion, YMMV, of course. Definitely do some research before you stock this pistol or purchase one.....
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sakoman .308's Avatar
    It `s an interesting pistol. I would put myself in the try before you buy category of consumer with this one.

Torture test, MAC style by Jeremy S.
    https://youtu.be/Wa9RewLsmAA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Has some nice Youtube reviews.
    Suppose to be very 1911 like, even the trigger.

Wonder if anyone makes a holster for it yet.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast