one still available...1-888-967-4867

Expried Business Member
    now SOLD!!

Thx all!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Oh dang!
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Maybe you'll get the Jard J56 in? It is a bullpup, but probably needs an FRT.
    "Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.”
    ― Thomas Sowell,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Wow. 20% failure rate. Why is that acceptable ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    At $500 it is well worth taking the chance that the parts will fix the feeding issue. I bought one of these when they first came out. Thought it would make a nice light accurate beater gun to carry around on the tractors. One I didn't have to care how it got treated. I ran over 100 rounds of Hornady 55gr v-max through it and experienced about a 20% failure rate. Accuracy was excellent with 100 yard 5 shots anywhere from 3/4 - 1 1/2 inches. These rifles are a little crude but if the parts supplied improve reliability they are worth the $500 bucks. Reliability wasn't the main reason I returned mine to them. The safety on mine wouldn't work at all. Put it on safe and pull the trigger hard enough the safety would rotate off and the gun could fire every time. If it was safe I probably wouldn't have returned it to them. If someone isn't scared to do a little tinkering I think they could get one of these running

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    almost as bad as a su16
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    Wow. Can you please point me to where I said that the 20% failure rate IS acceptable? I just simply stated that I experienced a 20% failure rate. What I did say if you knew how to read is that, with the new parts supplied this gun is worth $500 bucks and that reliability and most importantly safety is why I returned it.
    At the original price of $1250 there was no way I was going to accept being stuck with this rifle although I had a good idea I could fix the problems myself. I shouldn't have to be the one to fix a new gun. I will say it again just to be clear, this gun is worth $500 bucks (but no more) and it can be made to work with a bit of tinkering. If the guys at Jard didn't suffer from Premature Rifle Release Syndrome, Wanstalls wouldn't be in the situation they got into with these. I want to thank the great guy at Wanstalls (I forgot his name) for listening to my unhappy rant when I called to voice my dissatisfaction with the gun. He was more than willing to refund me and do anything for me to keep me happy. Top notch professional place to do business. I would have bought one of these for the $500 if my firearm budget wasn't being saved towards something else.
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 07-17-2017 at 08:34 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    almost as bad as a su16
    What I thought exactly. Lol.

CGN Regular
    Took it out today, it was a grind to get 150 rounds through it. It may have ran 2-3 5/30 pmags without a malfunction but thats it. Starting with double feeds combined with failures to extract. Then the bolt would get caught about 2/3 into battery. A few times entire cartriges somehow got behind the bolt. We kept at it. Eventually at around 100 rounds it started extracting around 90-95% but would the bolt would not strip a new round into the chamber on the same cycle, essentially turning it into a straight pull. Locking back on an empty mag has been about 50%.

What we noticed. The last round hold open could be interfering with the bolt, needs more looking but the something just doesn't seem right. What we definitely noticed was the two guide rods that the bolt and springs ride on bend relatively easily. We think this is causing the bolt to ride high or low when it strips a round from the magazine into the chamber. Riding high causes the bolt to not strip a round, riding low seems to cause the bolt to get stuck 2/3 into battery.

More tinkering required.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes Inferno View Post
    What we definitely noticed was the two guide rods that the bolt and springs ride on bend relatively easily. We think this is causing the bolt to ride high or low when it strips a round from the magazine into the chamber. Riding high causes the bolt to not strip a round, riding low seems to cause the bolt to get stuck 2/3 into battery.
    Bingo. This is where the tinkering part comes in. The new timing blade will definitely improve reliability but I don't think it will 100% solve the problems, hence the need for some tinkering. The guide rod system is the weak spot in this rifle. The BCG needs to run perfectly straight and consistent or the rifle won't preform consistently
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 07-18-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast