Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: JARD J48 Blow out sale!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    This rifle is pathetic. Made in USA pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes Inferno View Post
    Took it out today, it was a grind to get 150 rounds through it. It may have ran 2-3 5/30 pmags without a malfunction but thats it. Starting with double feeds combined with failures to extract. Then the bolt would get caught about 2/3 into battery. A few times entire cartriges somehow got behind the bolt. We kept at it. Eventually at around 100 rounds it started extracting around 90-95% but would the bolt would not strip a new round into the chamber on the same cycle, essentially turning it into a straight pull. Locking back on an empty mag has been about 50%.

What we noticed. The last round hold open could be interfering with the bolt, needs more looking but the something just doesn't seem right. What we definitely noticed was the two guide rods that the bolt and springs ride on bend relatively easily. We think this is causing the bolt to ride high or low when it strips a round from the magazine into the chamber. Riding high causes the bolt to not strip a round, riding low seems to cause the bolt to get stuck 2/3 into battery.

More tinkering required.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    A few times entire cartriges somehow got behind the bolt.
    That is an impressive malfunction
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

So, what are the comments going to be if the guys replace the parts, and the guns decide to run perfectly. Or even close to perfect. Will the comments change to, "WOW, what an under appreciated rifle. Wish I would have gotten one".

Seems to me that we've been down this road before. I've read the posts on Robinson Arms when they first came out. NEA had (and still seems to have) growing pains. How many SU-16's with broken receivers have we seen reported on here. And yet they are all still around, and people are still buying them.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

If the replacement parts can do the magic it would be done a long time ago. We both know that there is no fix for this. The retailer was stuck with a lot of these crap and the Americans offered some parts rather than a refund. The Canadian retailers have no choice but to dump it out on local buyers as it is a final sale. Poor situation.

CGN Regular
    For $500 it was worth the gamble for me and my buddy. The op rods are simple and we can probably make stiffer ones in a slightly larger diameter. We can also limit the gas slightly to cause less violence in the BCG. Next if we pretend to be super simple, we can cut spacers to fit inside the reciever for the bolt carrier group to ride against and not give it the option to get off track. Keep it simple.

It did seem accurate, although we did not even bother sighting in the optic.

All understood. It can be a project rifle but there are ppl who ordered from the other importer and got screwed hard.

CGN Regular
    Ya we are late to the party, I just saw this post here and have no idea on the history of the gun. If I bought this for $1200 I would be pissed off, hopefully they were compensated.

I thought it was fortunate for Wanstalls to give a few guys a shot at a non-restricted ar style gun for $500 instead of squishing them in a metal break.

It is so true. I also wish you can replace/manufacture the weak and out of spec parts involved so that it can run with better success rate.
    Best of luck.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    I had one of the first ones , from Wanstalls.
    After a few malfunctions,I contacted Gary,and he immediately offered me a refund.

I had numerous conversations with Dean, From Jard Inc , and he said the rifle was tested ,and was ready for market.

This doesn't appear to be the case.
    They shouldn't have left the factory in that condition.

But,for $500 ,and a few hundred in repairs,if possible, you'd have a half decent rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    I simply want to know if you can bring in their bullpup 9s, in non-restricted.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast