Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: JARD J48 Blow out sale!

Toronto - Silverdale Gun Club & Target Sports Canada
    So anything good from JARD worth getting? I saw their bullpup 223rem that looks alright...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    delete
    Last edited by Canada tail; 07-31-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Anyone get a billing or shipping confermation yet?
    "I tell you it dead"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Anyone wanna sell me one :P
    CCFR/NFA

Anyone got theirs yet? How they perform? Any tips on fixes?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mskip View Post
    anyone got theirs yet? How they perform? Any tips on fixes?
    Cheers
    x2
    CCFR/NFA

I received mine already. The new part goes in easy and looks like it should clear some/ all malfunctions.

The new part keeps the bolt from rotating on the bolt carrier until it's engaged with the locking lugs. It looks like the old part could have allowed the bolt to rotate (prematurely) while being forced back into the bolt carrier from stripping a round of the magazine - thus causing it to not engage the barrel lugs correctly.

It works on the same principle as the cam cuts in the upper of an AR15 receiver, except this design seems more faluable - if the round is difficult enough to strip from a stiff magazine, it could potentially bend/ bow the rails the bolt carrier runs on, causing room for the timing blade to rise before the lugs on the bolt mesh with the barrel lugs.

Try 5 rounds in a 30 round mag and the spring pressure was light and it ran all without issue.

I could see loading 10 rounds in a LAR, with higher spring tension in mag could cause an issue but have not tried hat.
    I will after this work rotation.

The firearm is mich more compact then I thought it would be. The finish is a cheap blue/ anodizing.

The rifle is very reminiscent of my AR180B - right down to the trigger guard profile.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    - if the round is difficult enough to strip from a stiff magazine, it could potentially bend/ bow the rails the bolt carrier run on,

Try 5 rounds in a 30 round mag and the spring pressure was light and it ran all without issue.

I could see loading 10 rounds in a LAR, with higher spring tension in mag could cause an issue but have not tried hat.
    I will after this work rotation.
    Good observation. In theory I think you are on to something. When I had mine I never thought to try a long magazine to put less pressure on the bcg. The 2 main problems I identified were the incorrect bolt timing and the week guide rod assembly. Hopefully your rifle continues to function well on the long mag and no modification is needed to the guide rods. If it keeps working fine try a LAR mag and see if it starts to malfunction again. If it malfunctions with the LAR mag maybe you could shorten the spring in the mag a little bit at a time until it starts to function again. It may be worth sacrificing 1 LAR mag to do some testing before you start tinkering with the guide rods. Take the easiest path first. It would be nice to see that the new timing parts and a different magazine is all that was needed to get this thing running.
    I kinda wish I grabbed one of these again as I would have liked to have the challenge of making it work but I guess I'll have to let you guys tell me how you make out. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted on your results.

Interesting.
    CCFR/NFA

Anyone with still malfunctioning Jard rifles please pm me. I am willing to buy your rifles.
    "I tell you it dead"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast