Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: JARD J48 Blow out sale!

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    So is this your way of saying that your rifle is working properly now?
    I may never own one again but I do like hearing that some people have their's functioning and are happy with it.
    I found out what was keeping the bolts from going Full forward, as well as an undisclosed cam pin problem.
    "I tell you it dead"

Quote Originally Posted by onthehunt View Post
    I found out what was keeping the bolts from going Full forward, as well as an undisclosed cam pin problem.
    Interesting. What was causing the bolt to not close properly? I haven't observed that on my JARD.

Mine does feel like it's over gassed. I can't confirm that it is tho.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Mine does feel like it's over gassed. I can't confirm that it is tho.
    I kinda felt mine was too but I just blamed the bolt carrier jumping around on the week little guide rods. Easy fix with an adjustable gas block. Turn it down until it just barely stops to cycle the bolt far enough rearward to pick up the next round then turn it back up slightly. This should also help to reduce the pressure and flex on the guide rods. Too bad Jard didn't take a little extra time to sort these little issues out before releasing them. I mean if there is a little too much gas pressure for the rifles system to handle how hard would it be for them to drill a slightly smaller than spec gas port hole in the barrel. That's what pissed me off. Once the R&D is done for the main design little tweaks here and there don't cost a company much more. Although I like to tinker with things it's not my job to do it with a brand new rifle. Regardless I still wished I picked one of these $500 ones to try and get going. Glad to hear some of you are having some success.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Easy fix with an adjustable gas block. Turn it down until it just barely stops to cycle the bolt far enough rearward to pick up the next round then turn it back up slightly. This should also help to reduce the pressure and flex on the guide rods. Too bad Jard didn't take a little extra time to sort these little issues out before releasing them. I mean if there is a little too much gas pressure for the rifles system to handle how hard would it be for them to drill a slightly smaller than spec gas port hole in the barrel.
    Did you put an adjustable gas block on your JARD?

I've taken my foregrip off and was going to measure the barrel for one. I've been browsing them online and think it would help the rifle out enormously

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Did you put an adjustable gas block on your JARD?

I've taken my foregrip off and was going to measure the barrel for one. I've been browsing them online and think it would help the rifle out enormously
    No I didn't put one on mine. The thought crossed my mind but I wasn't going to pour money into it. I did measure for one and if memory serves me correctly it was a standard 0.750" gas block. It's been a while since then so don't take my word for it. It's only a couple minutes job to pull it apart and measure. CTCSupplies has an ODIN WORKS 0.750" adjustable block in stock if that is indeed the size that fits.

https://ctcsupplies.ca/collections/b...ck-low-profile

My best experience with an adjustable gas block being extremely beneficial is on my Kel-Tec RFB. I know it's a completely different platform but the same theory still applies. It is extremely pressure sensitive and needs adjustment for most every different type of ammo. A little bit under gassed and it becomes a jam-omatic and just a little too much gas and it will cycle quite violently. Get it just right and it will run as smooth as a sewing machine forever.
    I think if the gas was turned down on the Jard you would see the same type of results. Sometimes it doesn't take much to make a big difference.
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 08-20-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks for the info. I have zero experiences with an adjustable gas block.

Resurrect old thread...
    Any updates with adjustable gas block?

Quote Originally Posted by mskip View Post
    Resurrect old thread...
    Any updates with adjustable gas block?
    No. Not on my end anyways. I haven’t shot the JARD in a while. I bought it more as a mechanical curiosity, and because I liked my AR180 but didn’t like the plastic lower. My JARD has worked well but I’ve not put a lot of rounds through it. It is a pretty rifle tho. Sleek, lightweight and compact.

Anyone else with any updates/ observations?

Old thread up...again!

Took my J48 to the range today and ran 100 rounds FLAWLESSLY !!! I installed Odin's adjustable gas block and Burris scope.

AE 223 55gr used and on 50 yard I was getting 1" groups. I am sure that this rifle can do better with better ammo (and shooter to!).

Little project non-restricted finished...

Cheers

Last edited by mskip; 01-22-2018 at 08:20 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just want to bump to keep this thread from disappearing.
    “Look at the nations and watch and be utterly amazed.
    For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."
    Hab 1:5

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast