Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Frustrating In Store Experience July 10, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    Lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by srnm View Post
    If you are in a store and no one is helping you, then speak up and I guarantee someone will help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotagwan View Post
    lame....ask someone for help....save yourself the time and frustration....communicate....that is all...and boohoo !
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter1971 View Post
    Wow...sorry but sounds pretty pathetic.
    Spend your money where it is appreciated.

Imagine how members get treated, the store already has their money...

Some stores have good customer service, some don't... it just is how it is I guess. If their bad service is made up for in different ways, like free shipping, low prices, loyalty points, sales, variety of items etc... then I accept it, or even embrace it with a laugh. If they don't make up for their poor service, then I very quickly move on. No much point in telling them about it, the market will sort them out and they will be finished in a few years. So if they are not making up for their poor service in other ways, I don't blame you, spend your money elsewhere.

It's like Cabelas , why should I expect good service there? I don't... when they have sales I will buy something there, they have variety and good pricing on sales... but ppl complaining about poor service from retail members who make min wage makes me laugh. They don't owe you anything. Waiting 30 mins at a gun counter does seem like a long time, however I have waited almost that long before, it was really busy, it is what it is.

taking to the internet to complain about nobody asking you for service is lame...unless you are physically unable to speak.....there is nothing stopping one from asking or even interrupting a sales person to ask for help...that is the name of the game....i work in a gunstore too...so i can speak from first hand experience.......seems people want the sales staff to like scratch their back, wipe their behind and everything because they will spend money there.......the number of times i have had people stand 50 ft away from me and snap their fingers like im their "EFFING" dog to run over wag my tail and service them when they could come over..communicate....say hello and ask for help......most people don't have manners anymore.....thats why the post is lame...buddy didn't write that he stopped a sales person or was ignored after asking....seems like he stood their quietly waiting for the sales staff to come over with grapes and big feather fans and smother him with love cause he wants to buy a gun....gimme a break....:-) sales staff are people too and they have feelings and they want to be respected....it goes both ways ....at the end of the day....pretty weak to complain on the internet to hurt someone's business...when really the big problem was he had to "Wait" at a bustling store/range...

^ Indeed I agree... we don't really know what happened to the OP, but myself I have worked off and on in the customer service industry (waiter) and I have seen the other side. Trust me, there is always another side to the situation.

Hint: when you snap at ppl they usually ignore you and you are immediately "bumped" to the back of the pecking order. If you want bad service everywhere you go, then be rude to the staff. .. again we have no idea really if the OP was like this or not, so its a pointless conversation in a sense, like most of these style of threads lol.

Double post sorry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Gotta agree with K-Roc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotagwan View Post
    i work in a gunstore too...so i can speak from first hand experience...
    I believe the issue comes from other stores that do customer service right, where in a similar situation in a store with proper customer service I bet a huge majority of the OP's collection would have been bought there. When I go to a local CGN sponsor to ask questions, loiter a bit trying to decide on a purchase or going there to get information for my friends and family living outside the city... I only stand for two minutes before a staff member asks if I need help. They know me well enough that if I needed help I would ask (I have asked & I have spoken up), and they know me because their customer service is that proper. Not phenomenal, not insanely great, not crazy... nope, they are just doing it right.. and it doesn't matter how busy the place is or how few staff they have. I've seen it so busy there people had to slide sideways between others... and didn't make it 120 seconds before being offered help.

The OP was a f##k of a lot more patient than I would have been. And in standard CGN style someone has to degrade the OP, someone has to assume the OP was a rude SOB, someone has to assume the store was right. Respect does go both ways and when someone has the attitude I don't matter and they have zero respect for my time... neither do they get respect from me.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Busy or not busy when you are staff in any retail environment least of all something that isn't on the cheap side of purchases, every "customer" that walks through the door should at least be greeted. "Welcome to such and such and either how can we help you today or please bear with us and someone will be right with you. Acknowledging their presence makes people more likely to wait and less likely to either walk out or not be in the correct mindset to purchase something even when finally helped. There's a certain level of expectations to be treated like a valued customer whether you're spending $5, $500 or $5000 and its not unreasonable in the slightest to expect to at least be acknowledged that you choose that store to go to. As for minimum wage people not caring about customers, employers need to have tighter reigns on that bs. If you're hired to be in customer service (which retail of course is) then do your bloody job. I could go on about my own experiences and thoughts on JR being both an ex employee and former customer but I wont. The people that know, know. As for the above comments about being an employee in a gun shop ya, I agree customers can be rude, impolite and downright nasty. You certainly need to be treated like a fellow human being with respect. It is a 2 way street. But that starts with you. Its any employees job and responsibility to treat customers with respect when they walk in the door for exactly the reason you mentioned which is that they CHOSE your store to walk into. If it goes south from there that's a different story but anyone that walks into a shop deserves the respect of being acknowledged that they walked in. Its simply good business and I would hate to walk into wherever it is you work and try to deal with you.

I've worked for over 15 years as an automotive service advisor and I speak from a fair amount of experience. And if you think being staff in one of our hobbies stores is tough then I absolutely agree with you. But I will also tell you that you have no clue what its like on the staff side of any automotive service counter. Most definitely count yourself lucky in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Roc View Post
    Some stores have good customer service, some don't... it just is how it is I guess. If their bad service is made up for in different ways, like free shipping, low prices, loyalty points, sales, variety of items etc... then I accept it, or even embrace it with a laugh. If they don't make up for their poor service, then I very quickly move on. No much point in telling them about it, the market will sort them out and they will be finished in a few years. So if they are not making up for their poor service in other ways, I don't blame you, spend your money elsewhere.

It's like Cabelas , why should I expect good service there? I don't... when they have sales I will buy something there, they have variety and good pricing on sales... but ppl complaining about poor service from retail members who make min wage makes me laugh. They don't owe you anything. Waiting 30 mins at a gun counter does seem like a long time, however I have waited almost that long before, it was really busy, it is what it is.
    Well you are in a minority. I owned a major gun store and customer service is paramount to get repeat customers and draw customers from other competition. Price, shipping etc are also necessities. I fired guys who had opinions/attitudes that were " I owe you nothing" attitudes. A person who knows guns but chases customers away is immediately expendible.
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.