Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Frustrating In Store Experience July 10, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by saskdude99 View Post
    Well you are in a minority. I owned a major gun store and customer service is paramount to get repeat customers and draw customers from other competition. Price, shipping etc are also necessities. I fired guys who had opinions/attitudes that were " I owe you nothing" attitudes. A person who knows guns but chases customers away is immediately expendible.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, or didn't explain properly... forums will never replace face to face conversations... yes I totally agree good service matters, and rude customer service workers should be fired.

However there are rude customers too... it goes both ways... I also draw a BIG difference between outright rude / totally not caring customer service workers, and poor or slow service... it's not the same thing. There is a CGN sponsor I order from regularly, I would actually say they have slow service, and rather poor communication... but good prices and shipping. I just accept the slow/poor service, NBD to me.

There is another sponsor who has the best customer service I have ever seen anywhere... I order from there too, probably mostly bc of that.

I stood in a building for 45 minutes and when they didn't speak to me I got really mad and ran away. You have obviously never worked retail.

CGN frequent flyer Prairie Plinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    The OP was a f##k of a lot more patient than I would have been. And in standard CGN style someone has to degrade the OP, someone has to assume the OP was a rude SOB, someone has to assume the store was right. Respect does go both ways and when someone has the attitude I don't matter and they have zero respect for my time... neither do they get respect from me.
    Yeah, six minutes and the second post. Notice how most (not all) of the derogatory comments come from Ontario? Not just in this thread either...

To the OP, thanks for sharing your experience. Just another story to reaffirm if I'm ever out your way to avoid TSE like the plague. Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Plinker View Post
    Yeah, six minutes and the second post. Notice how most (not all) of the derogatory comments come from Ontario?
    Ont is the biggest province in Canada, population wise, and firearm owner wise... so..... not sure what the point would be here...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Gun shops are some of the last bastions of surly service left in retail.

It's like a time machine back to another era...

Grow some thicker skin and try and enjoy the ride, if you don't like the service don't go back.
    Maybe we need a sticky about how to navigate a surly shop?
    We could have input from gun shop employees on how not to be a know it all gun store commando customer and also how to deal with the know it all gun store commando employees..... Win-Win!
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Dear Jason,

I apologize, but this is the first I have heard of your incident. Please check to see what email you sent it to as it did not arrive in our server at all. With Stampede on, I am not on CGN very much, but I have been looking at emails daily.

As to your issues: I am personally appalled as to how the whole incident played out.

I have a lot of guys on staff at any time, on purpose, so that customers get help assp.

And as pointed out; with the economy, I have been able to keep people longer. The thought was that they would get far more experience and be BETTER at the servive game. Obviously not everyone has gotten the message.

Thank you for the detailed email. With names and times, I can watch all the videos and speak with all of the staff about this.

While a spanking on CGN is not pleasant, I can't fix what I don't know is broken.

If there is anyway I can try to win you back, please contact me directly and I will personally take care of you.

Sincerely,

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    delete
    Last edited by Canada tail; 07-16-2017 at 12:20 PM.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    I will be out at the IPSC nationals most of this week flipping burgers, feeding everyone as part of our sponsorship.

So if anyone on here wants to speak with me about this or anything else.... I will be ready and willing to chat.

Even if you just hate my guys... come eat my food.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

I'm not the OP and I haven't spent $40k at the Edge or his former partner's shop but I still get decent service there. A bit disappointing that the OP got no feedback in a week but perhaps there are larger issues taking centre stage (birth, death, divorce - god only knows our personal hell). There's absolutely no chance that a) the OP's email got routed to the spam folder or, b) JR's response landed in the OP's spam folder? I find email delivery fails, typically at the most inopportune times.

While browsing in a (non-gun) shop one day, one of the floor people asked if I had any questions about things. As it turned out I did and as I started asking, her only partially controlled eye-rolling was was quickly eclipsed by the drumming of her fingertips - you know, that boredom-driven, repetitive staccato of finger nails on hard surface. The question was dismissed with a "doesn't really make any difference" despite the 30% price difference. I kept my cash in my pocket and went home. Like the OP, I fired off an email to them but unlike the OP, I received a phone call within 20 minutes with a request for more information, a heartfelt apology and a "please give us an opportunity to earn your business" appointment for later that day. I ended up buying the higher end version of the product I'd been inquiring about, and a couple more items I'd been curious about that the new sales rep was happy to take the time to answer my questions on. Spent much more than my original outing had planned for.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I will be out at the IPSC nationals most of this week flipping burgers, feeding everyone as part of our sponsorship.

So if anyone on here wants to speak with me about this or anything else.... I will be ready and willing to chat.

Even if you just hate my guys... come eat my food.

JR
    Thank you for your reply here, JR.

I don't hate your guys, but this kind of attitude certainly goes the way. Without going into detail, I have confirmed that my email was sent to an address personal to yourself that you advertise publicaly.

I cannot say that I would likely be back in your store anytime soon - but a heartfelt and sincere reply with some good sense of humour, to me is the grounds to earn forgiveness in time.

Again, appreciate the gesture and reply.