Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Frustrating In Store Experience July 10, 2017

As I read this story, it seems to me the client was expecting some type of service I hate - the sales rep to be in your face asking what do you need help with .

If you need assistance, go and ask for it, multiple times if needed, do not stay on the side, then blame sales rep for not coming to you .

I am surprised that people find it "lame" to share experiences with businesses online.

Whether the review of the experience is positive or negative, if it is factual and reasonably presented (as it was here), its valuable in my view.

Just because customer service is generally brutal these days, does not mean we will all accept that.

I vote with my dollars and reviews all the time. That's what lame grumpy old men do

Double

I've also had poor service there just on there glock day. I've called numerous times about a trigger they should of had but didn't and no one ever calls me back. And that's just my last encounter. The only time I get helped right away is when my hot girlfriend come in with me and that's no lie

Quote Originally Posted by ILLWILL View Post
    I've also had poor service there just on there glock day. I've called numerous times about a trigger they should of had but didn't and no one ever calls me back. And that's just my last encounter. The only time I get helped right away is when my hot girlfriend come in with me and that's no lie
    So it seems to me that business manager needs to fire off some sales reps or wait a bit more and fire them after he looses enough business to see it

CGN frequent flyer Prairie Plinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Roc View Post
    Ont is the biggest province in Canada, population wise, and firearm owner wise... so..... not sure what the point would be here...
    Oh I know, most of my family is in Ontario and Manitoba. I spent the first ten years of my life in Ontario, it's a big and beautiful province. I miss the smell the most, I absolutely do not miss the self-centered, we're better and know better than everyone else attitudes. Maybe I've just come across the wrong people.

For the record and transparency, I would like to state that as of 11:40AM today, both JR (the owner of TSE) and a staff member who prefers to remain anonymous have reached out to me privately and personally to try to make amends, apologise, and take ownership of the situation. I was particularly surprised that a staff member who caught this post took the initiative to reach out and personally apologise for his actions that day.

Though these actions are reactive to this post - I do see that as the first step to taking ownership of a customer experience that is not what they intend to have or want to be known for. It helps in re-establishing respect.

For those who think this post is 'lame',you need to realize that poor customer service, unmentioned does far more damage to a business in the long run. Standing on the sidelines with pompoms and calling the post 'lame' offers neither constructive information for CGNers or actionable feedback for the business owner. Grow up.

For those who personally have a dislike or hatred of TSE, I do not share your views necessarily here either. I am simply a customer looking for advice, and service and when I look for help in a store and have to spend half an hour of my time waiting for someone to acknowledge me... that is a frustrating experience.

The actions so far this morning are rebuilding my respect for TSE, though I cannot say I will necessarily be back there anytime soon - it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Plinker View Post
    Oh I know, most of my family is in Ontario and Manitoba. I spent the first ten years of my life in Ontario, it's a big and beautiful province. I miss the smell the most, I absolutely do not miss the self-centered, we're better and know better than everyone else attitudes. Maybe I've just come across the wrong people.
    Maybe there is a bit of that here... In Toronto and Ottawa... I think it is present in Vancouver and MTL too. I think it's a big city disease. Worst I have ever seen it is in Vancouver but that's just me.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Dear Jason,

I apologize, but this is the first I have heard of your incident. Please check to see what email you sent it to as it did not arrive in our server at all. With Stampede on, I am not on CGN very much, but I have been looking at emails daily.

As to your issues: I am personally appalled as to how the whole incident played out.

I have a lot of guys on staff at any time, on purpose, so that customers get help assp.

And as pointed out; with the economy, I have been able to keep people longer. The thought was that they would get far more experience and be BETTER at the servive game. Obviously not everyone has gotten the message.

Thank you for the detailed email. With names and times, I can watch all the videos and speak with all of the staff about this.

While a spanking on CGN is not pleasant, I can't fix what I don't know is broken.

If there is anyway I can try to win you back, please contact me directly and I will personally take care of you.

Sincerely,

JR
    Duplicate
    CCFR

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Dear Jason,

I apologize, but this is the first I have heard of your incident. Please check to see what email you sent it to as it did not arrive in our server at all. With Stampede on, I am not on CGN very much, but I have been looking at emails daily.

As to your issues: I am personally appalled as to how the whole incident played out.

I have a lot of guys on staff at any time, on purpose, so that customers get help assp.

And as pointed out; with the economy, I have been able to keep people longer. The thought was that they would get far more experience and be BETTER at the servive game. Obviously not everyone has gotten the message.

Thank you for the detailed email. With names and times, I can watch all the videos and speak with all of the staff about this.

While a spanking on CGN is not pleasant, I can't fix what I don't know is broken.

If there is anyway I can try to win you back, please contact me directly and I will personally take care of you.

Sincerely,

JR
    You know it's broken. I told a staff member directly who said he would take it to management when I had an issue there. The attitude from some of the sales staff is ridiculous. Not to mention I called about 3 different items to to be told they weren't in stock then go to the store and see them sitting there. Let it slide wanted to buy a red dot, a model I have never handled before and asked how to turn it on. The reply was I don't know they turn on like all the rest and an eye roll. Then asked if any chance I could have a battery put in it to look at the dot before I purchased and reply was no we don't have any batteries I don't have time. It was a triple a. Shook my head which got the attention of another guy who listened to my gripe and told me the message would get through. Months later obviously nothing has changed. The very reason you will never get a dime from me or about 6 friends and the list is growing.
    CCFR