Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Frustrating In Store Experience July 10, 2017

Good to see both parties have gone to lengths to rectify the situations and good on you to post the update anyone can make mistakes but it take a big person to admit them and rectify the problem. Hopefully the mods will now close this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayLei3000 View Post
    For the record and transparency, I would like to state that as of 11:40AM today, both JR (the owner of TSE) and a staff member who prefers to remain anonymous have reached out to me privately and personally to try to make amends, apologise, and take ownership of the situation. I was particularly surprised that a staff member who caught this post took the initiative to reach out and personally apologise for his actions that day.

Though these actions are reactive to this post - I do see that as the first step to taking ownership of a customer experience that is not what they intend to have or want to be known for. It helps in re-establishing respect.

For those who think this post is 'lame',you need to realize that poor customer service, unmentioned does far more damage to a business in the long run. Standing on the sidelines with pompoms and calling the post 'lame' offers neither constructive information for CGNers or actionable feedback for the business owner. Grow up.

For those who personally have a dislike or hatred of TSE, I do not share your views necessarily here either. I am simply a customer looking for advice, and service and when I look for help in a store and have to spend half an hour of my time waiting for someone to acknowledge me... that is a frustrating experience.

The actions so far this morning are rebuilding my respect for TSE, though I cannot say I will necessarily be back there anytime soon - it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mtstef View Post
    So it seems to me that business manager needs to fire off some sales reps or wait a bit more and fire them after he looses enough business to see it
    Most gun guys here in Calgary have hoped TSE and the other shops around would hurt enough to drive real change in their customer service quality.

No such luck so far.

J.R. made it clear to his staff many years ago that they had the coolest job in town, they shouldn't even get paid for it. Ask me how I know this....
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotagwan View Post
    taking to the internet to complain about nobody asking you for service is lame...unless you are physically unable to speak.....there is nothing stopping one from asking or even interrupting a sales person to ask for help...that is the name of the game....i work in a gunstore too...so i can speak from first hand experience.......seems people want the sales staff to like scratch their back, wipe their behind and everything because they will spend money there.......the number of times i have had people stand 50 ft away from me and snap their fingers like im their "EFFING" dog to run over wag my tail and service them when they could come over..communicate....say hello and ask for help......most people don't have manners anymore.....thats why the post is lame...buddy didn't write that he stopped a sales person or was ignored after asking....seems like he stood their quietly waiting for the sales staff to come over with grapes and big feather fans and smother him with love cause he wants to buy a gun....gimme a break....:-) sales staff are people too and they have feelings and they want to be respected....it goes both ways ....at the end of the day....pretty weak to complain on the internet to hurt someone's business...when really the big problem was he had to "Wait" at a bustling store/range...
    It's not lame. This is a forum they actually respond to. You complain in store nothing ever gets done. Myself and others I know.
    CCFR

Good to see both parties have gone to lengths to rectify the situations and good on you to post the update anyone can make mistakes but it take a big person to admit them and rectify the problem. Hopefully the mods will now close this thread.
    For the record and transparency, I would like to state that as of 11:40AM today, both JR (the owner of TSE) and a staff member who prefers to remain anonymous have reached out to me privately and personally to try to make amends, apologise, and take ownership of the situation. I was particularly surprised that a staff member who caught this post took the initiative to reach out and personally apologise for his actions that day.

Though these actions are reactive to this post - I do see that as the first step to taking ownership of a customer experience that is not what they intend to have or want to be known for. It helps in re-establishing respect.

For those who think this post is 'lame',you need to realize that poor customer service, unmentioned does far more damage to a business in the long run. Standing on the sidelines with pompoms and calling the post 'lame' offers neither constructive information for CGNers or actionable feedback for the business owner. Grow up.

For those who personally have a dislike or hatred of TSE, I do not share your views necessarily here either. I am simply a customer looking for advice, and service and when I look for help in a store and have to spend half an hour of my time waiting for someone to acknowledge me... that is a frustrating experience.

The actions so far this morning are rebuilding my respect for TSE, though I cannot say I will necessarily be back there anytime soon - it helps.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotagwan View Post
    taking to the internet to complain about nobody asking you for service is lame...unless you are physically unable to speak.....there is nothing stopping one from asking or even interrupting a sales person to ask for help...that is the name of the game....i work in a gunstore too...so i can speak from first hand experience.......seems people want the sales staff to like scratch their back, wipe their behind and everything because they will spend money there.......the number of times i have had people stand 50 ft away from me and snap their fingers like im their "EFFING" dog to run over wag my tail and service them when they could come over..communicate....say hello and ask for help......most people don't have manners anymore.....thats why the post is lame...buddy didn't write that he stopped a sales person or was ignored after asking....seems like he stood their quietly waiting for the sales staff to come over with grapes and big feather fans and smother him with love cause he wants to buy a gun....gimme a break....:-) sales staff are people too and they have feelings and they want to be respected....it goes both ways ....at the end of the day....pretty weak to complain on the internet to hurt someone's business...when really the big problem was he had to "Wait" at a bustling store/range...
    It's not lame. This is a forum they actually respond to. You complain in store nothing ever gets done. Myself and others I know. I worked service and retail and know how to conduct myself and wouldn't even consider ever snapping my fingers at someone. I was at counter money out ready to buy and was still treated like they were doing me a favor taking my money.
    CCFR

Excellent. Now go buy that Fabarm STF. They are awesome.

"Never trust a government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns...."

Dear TSE,

You've lost my business forever.

The following email was sent to your owner without reply or acknowledgement on July 11, 2017 at 1:43am.

No further reply is necessary - this post serves only as my review of your company and sharing of my experiences.

Hi JR,

I hope this email finds you well!

Originally, I was ready to post this experience on the CGN forums, but
    as a fellow Calgarian and supporter of local businesses, I thought I
    would contact you personally first before resorting to publicly
    sharing my frustrations.

Ever since I began target shooting, when I moved to Calgary in 2013 I
    have been a member of your range. Despite mixed reviews, I decided
    that any business was worth a shot and personal opinion. The first
    firearm I purchased was a Glock 17 Gen 4. I stood in your store for
    about 40 minutes in October in 2013 waiting for someone to help me.
    People walked past me, people were chatting with each other at the
    second till, and people were back and forth between the rifle bays and
    pistol bay areas. (This was before your renovations last year.)
    Convinced that no one there was interested in my business I left the
    store and drove to The XXXXXXXX XXXXXX where I bought my first
    firearm, and loved it ever since. As a new shooter, I was looking for
    advice and friendly service. I got neither from your store.

Fast forward about 4 years, and I am back in your store. At this point
    I have amassed a small personal collection worth over $40,000. Not
    something I am bragging about, but to illustrate the point that I have
    a passion for this sport and love it dearly. Less than 5% of that I
    spent at The Shooting Edge because of my experience when I had first
    started. I remained a range member only because of proximity and the
    discounted member renewals.

For some time, I had done some research on the Fabarm STF 12 shotgun
    that TSE is the sole carrier of in North America. After seeing Colin's
    review videos, I decided to purchase one. I was at your store today at
    about 6:00pm, looking at the Nickle Plated 11 inch, fully equipped
    STF. A beautiful firearm!

I waited 35 minutes before anyone even spoke to me.

I give it to you, your range seemed busy, and understaffed. But no one
    even acknowledged my presence.

Finally, a newer staff member, a young individual came and asked if I
    needed help. (I may have not been in the most upbeat mood at this
    point) I replied "Yes, please - I have been here for over half an hour
    and finally someone talks to me!".

As if he wasn't sure how to acknowledge what I had said, he jumped to
    "How can I help you..."

I asked to see the STF shotgun, and it was quite nice. As I began
    asking questions, another pair of customers showed up, and the young
    man who had been helping me was signaled away by another staff member,
    and the two began to verbally argue about who took in the last group
    and who's turn it was to take in this group. (Apparently, taking in
    groups into the pistol bay seems to be everyone's least favourite
    thing?). Anyways, the guys went into the back door, behind your main
    till (where you currently keep your Glock displays for sale) and
    carried on the argument there. It was quite embarrassing to say the
    least.

At this point, an older fellow named Sean had come to help. I remember
    Sean's name because he was the only person here, I can remotely say
    valued the time I spent in the store and was knowledgeable about your
    products. Had Sean been there in the first 10 minutes of me being in
    the store, I would have walked away a happy customer who would have
    dropped about another $1700 on a new shotgun.

Maybe the $1700 isn't a big deal for your store, and I am considered a
    small customer. I realize my $40,000 collection probably isn't much
    for some true enthusiasts to look twice at... but I am by no means,
    without means and have always spent my money where my business was
    appreciated.

Sean tried to make things work for me, but by the end of the evening,
    I had been in such a dissatisfied and frustrated mood, that I was just
    about ready to put this on CGN. Sean convinced me not to, and to email
    you directly.

So , JR... here it is. I have immense respect for you as a fellow
    shooter and business owner. But I can't help but to feel that your
    business does not seem to see me with the same respect.

I do look forward to your thoughts on this!

Respectfully Yours,

Jason
    Boo Hoo snowflake!

Tough crowd...

GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oddball_ted View Post
    Most gun guys here in Calgary have hoped TSE and the other shops around would hurt enough to drive real change in their customer service quality.

No such luck so far.

J.R. made it clear to his staff many years ago that they had the coolest job in town, they shouldn't even get paid for it. Ask me how I know this....

I don't think this comment is fair or put into any true context at all: I treat my staff very well and feel I pay them very fairly as well.

We have a full benefits program, RRSP matching program and are extremely accommodating for their personal needs.

Yes, thy have a cool job, but it is still a job that needs to be done correctly.

Of course mistakes are made and we try very hard to make that the exception, not the rule.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by wiener View Post
    Boo Hoo snowflake!
    Expecting customer service makes someone a snowflake? Go back to Marstar.