Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: CZ Bren 805 S1

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    The question of conversion to automatic fire is due to a court case, R. V. Hasselwander (193) 2 SCR 398 where a Judge rule that if a firearm was found to be readily converted to discharge shots in rapid succession with a single pressure of the trigger in a relatively short period with relative ease.

This has set a legal precedent, not a good one but until the decision is reversed in a higher court that is what we are stuck with.
    I don't think you can appeal any higher than the supreme court, but you could get a more strict or better definition of what convertible is which could help. Like if you can't do it without CNC tools its not easily convertible.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    ^ ^ Cheers... but that still doesn't address the length of time issue...

If I win the 60M lottomax, guess I'm driving back to Canada with one of these... lol lawyer fees be damned!

But I'm not gonna say that AR15 type rifles can be [insert ease adverb] converted... im not saying it.

Nice attempt to bring us nice toys anyways Mr.W!

I'll just continue with my other project...
    Last edited by tharkhold; 02-22-2018 at 08:13 PM.
    'nada

Do you think this has something to do with the amazing success of your WK-180C’s?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carby91 View Post
    Do you think this has something to do with the amazing success of your WK-180C’s?
    lol... yeah.. didnt think about that. It would have been competition
    'nada

Quote Originally Posted by Carby91 View Post
    No, I would not say that.

well there goes another gun that could have been good here.

Damn, I was trying to stay optimistic about the 805... The lack of transparency in these decisions is extremely frustrating. Then again, if you placed guidelines with tangible numbers, then you would eliminate a wiggle factor that is enjoyed by the lab right now. As an outsider all I can do is wonder though.

I also wonder where this leaves the FN firearms in the lab... considering the extensive modifications to the 249S vs the 249 I think it's going to get a non-restricted, but I worry about the SCAR.

Anyways, thanks for fighting the good fight Wolverine. I have a 180C coming and would have picked up a Bren from you as well.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsquad68 View Post
    Damn, I was trying to stay optimistic about the 805... The lack of transparency in these decisions is extremely frustrating. Then again, if you placed guidelines with tangible numbers, then you would eliminate a wiggle factor that is enjoyed by the lab right now. As an outsider all I can do is wonder though.

I also wonder where this leaves the FN firearms in the lab... considering the extensive modifications to the 249S vs the 249 I think it's going to get a non-restricted, but I worry about the SCAR.

Anyways, thanks for fighting the good fight Wolverine. I have a 180C coming and would have picked up a Bren from you as well.
    The original SCAR was rightly prohibited, in that a full auto trigger group/pack could be dropped in with no fuss. Now getting one of those packs is probably harder than actually making an open bolt sub-gun, since only the Military and Police have those trigger packs, and they are tightly controlled.

I think to make it not easily convertible requires the firearm to take active measures to prevent you from making it fire full auto. Like a big piece of #### off steel where an auto sear would fit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    I wonder if a couple of hours with a CNC and welding machine count as relatively short period of time.
    Mismatch is the new black

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norlandgeese View Post
    I wonder if a couple of hours with a CNC and welding machine count as relatively short period of time.
    At that point you can make any things ...
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson