Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canuck Defender & Regulator now in stock!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1976 View Post
    Thankyou very much for taking the time to do this!! Im thinking the same about a scabbard ( not the useless holster), and I'd like to mount a light/ laser. I wonder what would fit. ?....
    I have seen lots of dovetail/picatinny rail adapters. Anything that goes from 11mm to a picatinny/weaver rail should fit right on the receiver and then you can mount anything you want to that. Probably your best bet IMO. THe barrel would cause a shadow with a light, but should be fine with a laser. Mounting your optic on top of the receiver gives you a smooth 14" of barrel and stock to work with in terms of your scabbard/quiver/holster whatever. A traditional light set up closer to the muzzle would make a tight fit more difficult to achieve.

There isn't a lot of space for mounting on such a small firearm. You could try drilling into the forestock to mount stuff, but there won't be a lot of readily available replacement parts if you mess it up. If you are left handed, you could tap the receiver if you know what you are doing, but This wouldn't really be an option for righties as your pump hand would block the line of sight from the receiver.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Range Report...

This gun is hilariously fun. The short barrel causes the wide pattern you would expect, even with the tightest available choke. Despite the light weight, recoil is very manageable with light target loads, and if you have the strength, firing one handed isn't terrible. I would be very hesitant to try that with a 00 or slug though.

Did some medium range pigeon shooting and success wasn't much worse than what I see with a full length barrel, but I'm no skeet gunner. For short range defensive style shooting this gun excels, even when taking a relaxed approach to aiming.

I added some sling swivels to mine so that i can sling it over the shoulder, and I would say this shotgun would excel as a wilderness carry, or an enjoyable firearm for more recreationally focused days at the range.

Best gun for the money I have spent in a long time.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Does the Defender come threaded and supplied with chokes?

Quote Originally Posted by bb07 View Post
    Does the Defender come threaded and supplied with chokes?
    Yes. M, F, IC and wrench. Seriously, buy one. Very impressive for the price
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

Thank you! Soooo tempting....

bought mine as a truck gun and love it. cant wait to take it to the local trap for a fun round to watch all the old guys scratch their heads and wonder if I'm serious.

Hey guys,

Was wondering if someone could kindly point me in the right direction to find a picatinny adapter for my Canuck defender.

From the looks of the top of the receiver, there is only a striped or parallel lined section, but it does not seem to have an underside or anything for teeth or clamps to fasten to.

Am I able to mount a red dot on it with a picatinny adapter?

Would it be too much trouble to provide a link for something suitable I can buy?

Thanks so much,

-J

By the way, the gun shoots better then my expectations.

Very nice for the $280 I paid after tax, with free shipppng.

I put about 150 rounds of cheap #7.5 target loads through it, and not one single problem.

I am very pleased.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12