Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canuck Defender & Regulator now in stock!

Canuck Defender & Regulator now in stock!

We just had a batch of Canuck Regulators and Defenders show up.

https://www.theammosource.com/store/...&cPath=2_5_873

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slicknick's Avatar
    Are these threaded for chokes?
    WARNING - This signature has been found to cause cancer in labratory mice

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slicknick View Post
    Are these threaded for chokes?
    The Regulator comes with 3 chokes. Cyl, Mod, Full with tool in a small hard case. At least mine did. Not sure about the Defenders. Mine also came with a holster but I don't think they all come with that. Just the first batch did.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

Heres what i know about the REGULATOR for sure:
    Threaded chokes. 3 included with tool. F, M, C. 4+1 capacity. 2 3/4 and 3 inch. 26.5" OAL non restricted. Double action bars. Similar to 870 style/ feel, but NOT parts compatible. Just bought one, and its great. Buy one now.
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

are the defenders compatible with magpul sga furniture?

[QUOTE=mshundal;13969946]are the defenders compatible with

Opps wrong forum.
    Sorry

[QUOTE=badboybeeson;13969998]
    Quote Originally Posted by mshundal View Post
    are the defenders compatible with

Opps wrong forum.
    Sorry
    I thought I was going to have to put a hit on you . Lol

Ryan,
    Do you know what size the dove-tail grooves are in the receiver? (of the Regulator)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mshundal View Post
    are the defenders compatible with magpul sga furniture?
    If they are the same design of action as the regulator, which I have, then none of the magpul furniture for 870s would be compatible without permanent modification.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1976 View Post
    Ryan,
    Do you know what size the dove-tail grooves are in the receiver? (of the Regulator)
    I just measured the dovetail grooves.

The top of the dove tail is 0.430" wide
    the underside and narrowest part of the dovetail is 0.406" wide.
    The dove tail is 0.057" tall from top of dovetail to the flat top of the receiver.
    The dove tail is approximately 6" long.

After holding the shotgun at eye level to take up a picture with the front bead, considering the low weight/high recoil of the shotgun, as well as the grip/tang geometry, I can tell you I would be seriously concerned about shooting this gun at eye level with any kind of optic. Laser pointer would be clutch.

Will do a range report as soon as I can get it out, but first impression this is an essential gun that every owner should have, but its a niche gun, suitable for bear defence, chopping firewood, meeting your daughter's boyfriends, stage coach robbery (if you had a time machine), Stage coach defense (same), coffee table piece/conversation starter, and short range 'instinctive' shooting.

The holster that some retailers sell with it is nice, but a molle style backpack mountable quiver would also be good.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    If they are the same design of action as the regulator, which I have, then none of the magpul furniture for 870s would be compatible without permanent modification.

I just measured the dovetail grooves.

The top of the dove tail is 0.430" wide
    the underside and narrowest part of the dovetail is 0.406" wide.
    The dove tail is 0.057" tall from top of dovetail to the flat top of the receiver.
    The dove tail is approximately 6" long.

After holding the shotgun at eye level to take up a picture with the front bead, considering the low weight/high recoil of the shotgun, as well as the grip/tang geometry, I can tell you I would be seriously concerned about shooting this gun at eye level with any kind of optic. Laser pointer would be clutch.

Will do a range report as soon as I can get it out, but first impression this is an essential gun that every owner should have, but its a niche gun, suitable for bear defence, chopping firewood, meeting your daughter's boyfriends, stage coach robbery (if you had a time machine), Stage coach defense (same), coffee table piece/conversation starter, and short range 'instinctive' shooting.

The holster that some retailers sell with it is nice, but a molle style backpack mountable quiver would also be good.
    Thankyou very much for taking the time to do this!! Im thinking the same about a scabbard ( not the useless holster), and I'd like to mount a light/ laser. I wonder what would fit. ?....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast