Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: *UPDATE- RELEASED !!!* NEW .22 from DLASK ARMS CORP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by teltec01 View Post
    "Once the RCMP issue the FRT for this new rifle (submitted already) we will be able to sell these, so please be patient until then."

Why all the debate on legality, just wait until the process is completed and buy or not buy, sometimes some of the comments on this forum are so frustrating to read !!!
    You really think everything is over once the rcmp issues an FRT? If it was true, we'd still have butler creek 25rnd magazines for the 10-22.

Quote Originally Posted by SU16shooter View Post
    Should this be moved to the politics forum if you want to discuss this further? Let's not bog down this cool item that DLASK is offering.

By your way of thinking and if you want to entice the RCMP into this, you are throwing all of us firearm owners under the bus.

I will purchase a DLASK TUF-22 when it is available.
    The rcmp will do what the rcmp will do, regardless of this forum. I'm not throwing anyone under any bus, merely stating that once someone registers a tuf22 pistol (which would take 22 seconds to make using a charger stock and a hacksaw), the 15 and 25 rnds mags will be prohibited. Or at least, the rcmp will say they're prohibited (I disagree on the original 10-22 mags, it'll be up for debate for the tuf22 mags).

Don't get me wrong everyone, I think dlask's intention are good here, but I also think everyone underestimates how much the rcmp will see this as an open defiance of the BC magazine ban and will act accordingly.

The only hope at this point is that the CSSA's court action wins over the rcmp (I think they will). However, it'll take years for that decision, and should the CSSA win, the rcmp will turn to politicians to change the law, to something that might be even more drastic (I easily see all rimfire magazines capped at 10 rounds, period).

There's no end to how much the rcmp lab can scr*w us. They don't need to read this forum, they can have bad ideas by themselves.

CGN frequent flyer
    Nice! Holding off on my next build to see where this goes.

What is the rail, 0 MOA, 20 MOA? Will there be options on what type of rail comes on it or will only one type of rail be available?
    Will this be sold as a complete rifle and as a stripped receiver?
    Does the receiver have a hole in the rear so the barrel can be cleaned from the breech end without removing the barrel from the receiver?

Deleted.

Why would it be registered as a pistol tho? When people make rifles and shotguns into short barreled, pistol griped guns they don't become pistols. They just get registered as a restricted version of themselves.
    "Take a deep breath, and find your balls..."

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    I swear to god some of you guys would argue that is was nighttime at noon on a cloudy day. I will be buying one of these new rifles. The reason there are so many new non restricted black rifles in Canada is because they were designed, or fall within the current guidelines for non restricted rifles. Of course the RCMP can change the rules whenever they want but presently these rifles and mags fall within the current rules. All guns could be banned tomorrow with a stroke of a pen but that won't stop me from buying guns today.
    Last edited by MustangFrank; 07-28-2017 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    I wish the DAR .22s were available with either no or a removable rail for us stubborn guys who insist on having iron sights.
    They are available without a rail. drilled and tapped for a factory rail as well . There's 2 versions a flat top that is tapped for factory rail but will not fit into a clamshell type stock like the archangel 556 this one is listed on their website. and then there is one that is the same dimensions as the factory receiver but it's not listed on their website you have to call and order

https://dlaskarms.com/collections/10...ceiver-7075-t6
    Last edited by Kyledempsey1; 07-23-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post

The rcmp will do what the rcmp will do, regardless of this forum. I'm not throwing anyone under any bus, merely stating that once someone registers a tuf22 pistol (which would take 22 seconds to make using a charger stock and a hacksaw), the 15 and 25 rnds mags will be prohibited.
    take a hacksaw to your barrel and you will have a prohibited rifle pretty quick. Put a 8 inch barrel on your tuf22 and as long as you are over 26 inches you have a short barrel rifle non restricted. Throw a charger stock on your short barrel tuff22 then you have a restricted short barrel rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    The rcmp will do what the rcmp will do, regardless of this forum. I'm not throwing anyone under any bus, merely stating that once someone registers a tuf22 pistol (which would take 22 seconds to make using a charger stock and a hacksaw), the 15 and 25 rnds mags will be prohibited. Or at least, the rcmp will say they're prohibited (I disagree on the original 10-22 mags, it'll be up for debate for the tuf22 mags).
    For it to be registered as a pistol - it'd need a new FRT!
    What you're describing is the common restricted rifle which some 10/22 were long before the chargers ever showed up

Actually, if you took a hacksaw to the stock to lessen the length below 26", it'd be prohibited
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Good idea, could we just switch receivers on our existing 10/22's?

Quote Originally Posted by atr View Post
    Will you take existing 10/22s and modify them to accept your new mags ?
    Now that's a great question.

Better yet why can't I put a 10/22 receiver on my mill and modify it to accept these new magazines.
    ".22's are like chips, you can't just stop at one.”

AMA, OMA, NSRA, CSSA