Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930313233343646 ... LastLast

Thread: *UPDATE- RELEASED !!!* NEW .22 from DLASK ARMS CORP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Yes, just like our DAR-22 receivers we will be selling the TUF-22 receivers by themselves. While the hole spacing on the top of the receivers is the same as a standard Ruger receiver, the contour of our flat-top style receiver is different and therefore will not fit the Nodak rear sight.

When designing a product we have to consider our main market and for the DAR-22 / TUF-22 platform that would be people looking to either use a scope or red dot for the optic. This is proven by the fact that our Picatinny railed receiver outsells the flat-top by a margin of about 1 : 50, sorry mate.
    Thanks for your response.

That'll take my build in a different direction then...

Will your non railed receivers fit inside a Troy T22 chassis?
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Once we get approval ( and maybe even before) we will begin production on our end of the actual rifles. This won't take long, we have a pretty good system for these. Barrels are in stock as well as bolts etc. etc. The magazine manufacturer tells us he need 4-6 weeks to deliver the first 1,000 pieces then it will be 1,000-1,500 every month after that.

As I mentioned in another post we will not be selling the mags separately, we only supply one with each TUF-22 sold. After that you will need to contact a stocking dealer to get them. If your local FLGS hasn't heard of them they show them this post. We are also hoping to get them into places like Canadian Tire which are available as a chain to most Canadians.
    You are making a rifle specifically for its proprietary magazines and will be selling the rifle but NOT the magazines? How does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by bp2626 View Post
    You are making a rifle specifically for its proprietary magazines and will be selling the rifle but NOT the magazines? How does that make sense?
    It's an industry standard that if you are the sole distributor for a product for wholesale you do not also sell the product at a retail level.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cdnhunter117 View Post
    I have a troy chassis, not sure which one if they have multiple ones, I'd prefer no rail though!
    Me too , love to put one in my Troy stock !
    I was addicted to the hokey pokey , but I turned myself about .

We will be making a flat top version that will fit into the clam-shell housings like the Troy and SR-22. They will come slightly later though, our first focus is on the Pic railed versions which are most in demand.

That being said it is exactly ONE MONTH until the due date ! (not that the date matters anymore ( ; )
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Uber Super GunNutz
    We will be making a flat top version that will fit into the clam-shell housings like the Troy and SR-22. They will come slightly later though, our first focus is on the Pic railed versions which are most in demand.

That being said it is exactly ONE MONTH until the due date ! (not that the date matters anymore ( ; )
    If the date doesn't matter anymore, does that mean you received approval?

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    If the date doesn't matter anymore, does that mean you received approval?
    I'm glad you asked my good man. No, we have not received an FRT yet, March 28th is still listed as the RCMP's deadline date for that. On the flip side however,no , we do not need an FRT in order to produce them. Confused ? I was too for a bit.

Per Mr. Wolverine's post on the WK180-C we do not need to wait to get an FRT. As a fully licensed firearms manufacturer we have the right to establish the status of our own firearms by using the existing Firearms Act / Criminal Code of Canada. In our case it is almost exactly the same as the WK180-C whereby what we are making is an improved copy of an existing non-restricted firearm. Our rifle features an improved stabilizing magazine that holds 15 / 25 rounds which is really the heart of why the RCMP wanted us to submit it. However, since it is our understanding that the magazine cannot be easily modified for use in the Ruger Charger pistol without the use of tooling then it should remain - non-restricted. And we have judged it to be so.

To be fair to the RCMP and try to be as open and accountable as possible, I forwarded to the FRT section in Ottawa Mr. Etter's letter to Mr. Wolverine pointing out that Wolverine Supplies is indeed allowed to classify their own rifle since they are the manufacturer and asked them if this applies to our rifle as well. I asked them why we were requested to submit for an FRT number since this is almost an exact replica of the case for the WK180-C. I sent this email on Feb.6 /18. It was followed up with both a phone call by myself a week later and then another email on Feb.21 / 18 asking for a response. What I received from our friends at the FRT division : crickets.

So, last Wednesday I called our contact at the FRT division to inform him that we will be manufacturing the TUF-22 and listing it as having non-restricted status. I could hear the mirth in the gentleman's voice as he acknowledged the information and then we said our good byes. Done deal.

This is a case of a federal government department playing dirty tricks to try and bully a small, private company into doing what they want as regards their own politically motivated position, re : guns are bad, full stop. Instead of helping us navigate the often confusing regulations for the industry in a fair and un-biased manor as a publicly funded federal department like this should, we are left trying to communicate with what is essentially a black hole when it is a question they don't feel fits their agenda. As in the outside world, the two sides of our countries political spectrum have grown ever farther apart with the RCMP taking up their position as guardians of the left. How a publicly funded entity can take any political stance, left or right, is beyond me. They certainly could not do this if it concerned gender, race or religion, so how is it that something as socially divisive as choosing political sides is OK ?

We are often told from our local B.C. CFO officials , "We're here to help". Yeah right, and I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn you may be interested in.

So, we are on our way now, starting to get this behemoth of a project off the ground. Unfortunately we are not accepting pre-orders, this is our standard company policy for all products so please do not call the shop or email to ask to purchase one before they are ready. As we move along I will post here and give you all updates. Please be a bit patient with us, we are a three man team trying to do more than we should to bring you guys stuff like the new TUF-22 and sometimes issues pop up that we cannot control and it delays things for a bit.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

CGN Regular
    I'm glad you asked my good man. No, we have not received an FRT yet, March 28th is still listed as the RCMP's deadline date for that. On the flip side however,no , we do not need an FRT in order to produce them. Confused ? I was too for a bit.

Per Mr. Wolverine's post on the WK180-C we do not need to wait to get an FRT. As a fully licensed firearms manufacturer we have the right to establish the status of our own firearms by using the existing Firearms Act / Criminal Code of Canada. In our case it is almost exactly the same as the WK180-C whereby what we are making is an improved copy of an existing non-restricted firearm. Our rifle features an improved stabilizing magazine that holds 15 / 25 rounds which is really the heart of why the RCMP wanted us to submit it. However, since it is our understanding that the magazine cannot be easily modified for use in the Ruger Charger pistol without the use of tooling then it should remain - non-restricted. And we have judged it to be so.

To be fair to the RCMP and try to be as open and accountable as possible, I forwarded to the FRT section in Ottawa Mr. Etter's letter to Mr. Wolverine pointing out that Wolverine Supplies is indeed allowed to classify their own rifle since they are the manufacturer and asked them if this applies to our rifle as well. I asked them why we were requested to submit for an FRT number since this is almost an exact replica of the case for the WK180-C. I sent this email on Feb.6 /18. It was followed up with both a phone call by myself a week later and then another email on Feb.21 / 18 asking for a response. What I received from our friends at the FRT division : crickets.

So, last Wednesday I called our contact at the FRT division to inform him that we will be manufacturing the TUF-22 and listing it as having non-restricted status. I could hear the mirth in the gentleman's voice as he acknowledged the information and then we said our good byes. Done deal.

This is a case of a federal government department playing dirty tricks to try and bully a small, private company into doing what they want as regards their own politically motivated position, re : guns are bad, full stop. Instead of helping us navigate the often confusing regulations for the industry in a fair and un-biased manor as a publicly funded federal department like this should, we are left trying to communicate with what is essentially a black hole when it is a question they don't feel fits their agenda. As in the outside world, the two sides of our countries political spectrum have grown ever farther apart with the RCMP taking up their position as guardians of the left. How a publicly funded entity can take any political stance, left or right, is beyond me. They certainly could not do this if it concerned gender, race or religion, so how is it that something as socially divisive as choosing political sides is OK ?

We are often told from our local B.C. CFO officials , "We're here to help". Yeah right, and I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn you may be interested in.

So, we are on our way now, starting to get this behemoth of a project off the ground. Unfortunately we are not accepting pre-orders, this is our standard company policy for all products so please do not call the shop or email to ask to purchase one before they are ready. As we move along I will post here and give you all updates. Please be a bit patient with us, we are a three man team trying to do more than we should to bring you guys stuff like the new TUF-22 and sometimes issues pop up that we cannot control and it delays things for a bit.
    Excellent, I'll be buying one just to support this approach.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Good to hear things are starting to move along. I will definitely get one to replace my current DAR-22 receiver when they become available.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBoyOhBoy View Post
    Excellent, I'll be buying one just to support this approach.
    Me as well.
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage." Sir Arthur William Currie