Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930313233343536373949 ... LastLast

Thread: *UPDATE- RELEASED !!!* NEW .22 from DLASK ARMS CORP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    I'm glad you asked my good man. No, we have not received an FRT yet, March 28th is still listed as the RCMP's deadline date for that. On the flip side however,no , we do not need an FRT in order to produce them. Confused ? I was too for a bit.

Per Mr. Wolverine's post on the WK180-C we do not need to wait to get an FRT. As a fully licensed firearms manufacturer we have the right to establish the status of our own firearms by using the existing Firearms Act / Criminal Code of Canada. In our case it is almost exactly the same as the WK180-C whereby what we are making is an improved copy of an existing non-restricted firearm. Our rifle features an improved stabilizing magazine that holds 15 / 25 rounds which is really the heart of why the RCMP wanted us to submit it. However, since it is our understanding that the magazine cannot be easily modified for use in the Ruger Charger pistol without the use of tooling then it should remain - non-restricted. And we have judged it to be so.

To be fair to the RCMP and try to be as open and accountable as possible, I forwarded to the FRT section in Ottawa Mr. Etter's letter to Mr. Wolverine pointing out that Wolverine Supplies is indeed allowed to classify their own rifle since they are the manufacturer and asked them if this applies to our rifle as well. I asked them why we were requested to submit for an FRT number since this is almost an exact replica of the case for the WK180-C. I sent this email on Feb.6 /18. It was followed up with both a phone call by myself a week later and then another email on Feb.21 / 18 asking for a response. What I received from our friends at the FRT division : crickets.

So, last Wednesday I called our contact at the FRT division to inform him that we will be manufacturing the TUF-22 and listing it as having non-restricted status. I could hear the mirth in the gentleman's voice as he acknowledged the information and then we said our good byes. Done deal.

This is a case of a federal government department playing dirty tricks to try and bully a small, private company into doing what they want as regards their own politically motivated position, re : guns are bad, full stop. Instead of helping us navigate the often confusing regulations for the industry in a fair and un-biased manor as a publicly funded federal department like this should, we are left trying to communicate with what is essentially a black hole when it is a question they don't feel fits their agenda. As in the outside world, the two sides of our countries political spectrum have grown ever farther apart with the RCMP taking up their position as guardians of the left. How a publicly funded entity can take any political stance, left or right, is beyond me. They certainly could not do this if it concerned gender, race or religion, so how is it that something as socially divisive as choosing political sides is OK ?

We are often told from our local B.C. CFO officials , "We're here to help". Yeah right, and I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn you may be interested in.

So, we are on our way now, starting to get this behemoth of a project off the ground. Unfortunately we are not accepting pre-orders, this is our standard company policy for all products so please do not call the shop or email to ask to purchase one before they are ready. As we move along I will post here and give you all updates. Please be a bit patient with us, we are a three man team trying to do more than we should to bring you guys stuff like the new TUF-22 and sometimes issues pop up that we cannot control and it delays things for a bit.
    Well, if you're going to put it like that - I pretty much have to buy one. Thanks for the honesty, and for showing the initiative.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

I definitely want one for my SR-22. Instant buy.

Down to the last 15 days of the official 120 day (actually, 176 days, crazy) FRT waiting period !

And we are well into the receiver production. Should have this first run done, engraved and anodized within 3-4 weeks (barring the usual production delays). Then we just have to wait for the first batch of mags and off we go.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

ill take 1 please
    Everything i post, or ever posted, is for entertainment value. Draw your own conclusions, and always seek legal advice.

Yeah I'm stoked for these, need a couple receivers and a handful of mags

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    Man, what a bunch of BS they have put you through. Hopefully I’ll be paying attention when they drop.

Also, TX version is a possibility, but is that a “someday” thing or will it be on the table as the other variants get stocked up?

I’m in like Flynn.
    Click, Bang.

this looks good :O

Quote Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
    Man, what a bunch of BS they have put you through. Hopefully I’ll be paying attention when they drop.

Also, TX version is a possibility, but is that a “someday” thing or will it be on the table as the other variants get stocked up?
    Good question Sir.

As it so happens we have been contacted by the people running the Canadian Rimfire Precision Series to be a sponsor. This is serendipitous timing as it will coincide with both the release of our TUF-22 and a new joint project we have that will accept the TX version, including the rear hold down lug, as a direct drop-in replacement. You guys will be impressed, trust me. It allows everyone to buy a TX version and not have to mess around with inletting a stock to fit the forward barrel nut. Easy peasy. We will be making these barreled actions with our stepped and fluted barrels (Nitride finished) This will end up as our flagship model for people that want to test the absolute limits of what the .22lr round is capable of.

We will also be making the 'Basic' TUF-22 as standard with the drilled and tapped holes in the rear for the hold down lug (optional purchase with a TUF-22)

No more info for now, I will let you guys know as soon as I am authorized to release it, it's worth the wait.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Good question Sir.

As it so happens we have been contacted by the people running the Canadian Rimfire Precision Series to be a sponsor. This is serendipitous timing as it will coincide with both the release of our TUF-22 and a new joint project we have that will accept the TX version, including the rear hold down lug, as a direct drop-in replacement. You guys will be impressed, trust me. It allows everyone to buy a TX version and not have to mess around with inletting a stock to fit the forward barrel nut. Easy peasy. We will be making these barreled actions with our stepped and fluted barrels (Nitride finished) This will end up as our flagship model for people that want to test the absolute limits of what the .22lr round is capable of.

We will also be making the 'Basic' TUF-22 as standard with the drilled and tapped holes in the rear for the hold down lug (optional purchase with a TUF-22)

No more info for now, I will let you guys know as soon as I am authorized to release it, it's worth the wait.
    Hi Leigh, could you please clarify the purpose / benefit of a TX version? I searched, but couldn’t find any information on what TX stands for. Thanks.