Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 283840414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: *UPDATE- RELEASED !!!* NEW .22 from DLASK ARMS CORP.

I need one too. It’s not just a want.
    I enjoy firearms and firearm accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cocker View Post
    I need one too. It’s not just a want.
    Call me at the shop with your particulars and you can have one tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

1bcshooter
    So how about the specifications you said you would release so we can modify our DAR & Ruger receivers ?

We will try to get that out this week before Joe heads to IWA.

I hate to bring this up, but if you release this information to the general public, isn't that just going to put us right back at square one with respect to the mag. capacity BS with the Charger Pistol!? Don't get me wrong, I think it's all just a crock, but if you release the specs to the general public on how to convert any 10/22 from any manufacturer, that means that the Charger can also be modified and your proprietary magazine design is all for nothing in the eyes of the RCMP!! In my opinion, you would be safe in selling your new version of the 10/22 that takes these new magazines as now, with respect to magazines and magazine capacities, it is a different firearm and the Charger 10 round mag. capacity no longer applies. For all the work, time and effort you guys put into bringing these new receivers and magazines into production, why would you go down that road to provide access so that someone could easily convert a Charger!!! I really don't want to be a stick in the mud, but you know where this will end up if/when the guys in red get wind of it!!! If I were you, I'd keep that magazine well modification to yourself and just sell the new guns and receivers!

Just my 2 cents...

Please delete.
    Last edited by Netsquash; 10-02-2023 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netsquash View Post
    It’s because the magazine are being produced and designed for the Tuf22 rifle. The distinction is what they were designed for. When the Charger was introduced the marketed the magazines as being designed for the Charger pistol, which is what us all messed up.

It’s like Glock magazines, they are used in rifles legally with 10 rounds because they are designed for pistols. If they stated marketing them as being designed for a rifle then we might see some problems there too.
    Yes, that's true and I forgot about that little tidbit, but if it were my company, I wouldn't go down that grey area road after all that work put into this project! I just think that they are asking for it when giving out easy instructions that could be used to transform a Charger to be able to handle these new magazines with more than 10 rounds. If they just sell the new rifle and rifle receivers, with the magazines, then they are perfectly safe as far as I can see. I realize that if anyone modified any pistol to accept a rifle magazine that contained more than 10 rounds, they would be breaking the law. Not sure that is possible right now with any other 22 pistol out there currently. The charger may be the only platform where this would be possible to do. It just seems to almost be helping someone to do it with a Charger. Knowing how the RCMP are, I just wouldn't poke the bear so to speak and have all that work come crashing down when they perhaps aren't even going to make any money off of the instructions on how to do it. Seems to me, they would make more money if they didn't tell people how to do it so more would buy their new rifles/recievers.

I commend them on this project and wish them every success. I'll probably be buying one as soon as they come out!

I got my TUF22 yesterday in the mail and shot it right away, I'm extremely happy with it, the quality is so far above anything else in the 10/22 family that I've seen. I'll be buying a second one with a smooth top once they start on those.
    This is my second Dlask made firearm, my other one is a 1911. Both are top shelf quality products, and the service I've experienced with them is great. The best part is supporting Canadian manufacturers and products... it's our patriotic duty.
    Last edited by ColinD; 03-01-2019 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Glad I pre-ordered this slick unit

Quote Originally Posted by Smitsauce View Post
    1bcshooter
    So how about the specifications you said you would release so we can modify our DAR & Ruger receivers ?

We will try to get that out this week before Joe heads to IWA.

I hate to bring this up, but if you release this information to the general public, isn't that just going to put us right back at square one with respect to the mag. capacity BS with the Charger Pistol!? Don't get me wrong, I think it's all just a crock, but if you release the specs to the general public on how to convert any 10/22 from any manufacturer, that means that the Charger can also be modified and your proprietary magazine design is all for nothing in the eyes of the RCMP!! In my opinion, you would be safe in selling your new version of the 10/22 that takes these new magazines as now, with respect to magazines and magazine capacities, it is a different firearm and the Charger 10 round mag. capacity no longer applies. For all the work, time and effort you guys put into bringing these new receivers and magazines into production, why would you go down that road to provide access so that someone could easily convert a Charger!!! I really don't want to be a stick in the mud, but you know where this will end up if/when the guys in red get wind of it!!! If I were you, I'd keep that magazine well modification to yourself and just sell the new guns and receivers!

Just my 2 cents...
    Absolutely 100% incorrect. This is the type of armchair quarterbacking which abounds on this forum and drives us crazy.

There is ZERO chance the mags or our TUF-22 will be classed as Restricted because of the Charger pistol per the current regs.

Why not ? Simple, because if you own a Charger pistol and modify it to accept a 25-round magazine then it's the PISTOL ITSELF that becomes Prohibited, NOT the magazine. As previously stated these magazines are manufactured by us to fit the TUF-22 rifle only. If you want to gunsmith your Ruger 10/22 RIFLE to accept a higher capacity magazine that is your prerogative and not currently against the law in this country. If you modify a PISTOL to accept a high capacity magazine then you will be committing a crime per the Firearms Act and the CC of C.

Clear now ?
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Ok, I guess I wasn't quite clear.

In a nutshell:

1. You make the "instructions" available to anyone.
    2. RCMP freak out and say that these instructions are now readily available for people to modify a pistol to accept 10+ round magazines.
    3. They revisit the whole 10/22 and offspring rifles and pistols and come up with more crap to try and tell everyone that they all have to be capped at 10 rounds again. The term "Duel use" or some completely new BS might come out.

They must already be squirming in their boots with your new rifle that gets around their all powerful rule of law requiring 10/22's to now only have 10 rounds.

What I was getting at, and what I think could put them over the top and revisit this platform again to ban something, is if you put the "instructions for conversion" out there to the general public. I don't think they will if you just sell the proprietary rifles, receivers and mags. They will now see the charger in the light of "Easily modified" even though it is a crime to do so. The "instructions" are the enabler. Do you really think the RCMP are going to like the fact that you will be giving out instructions that will allow someone to very easily break the law and modify a pistol to take these magazines!?

I mean't no harm and wasn't trying to be misleading or spread mis-information. I just think it's a real concern and something to think about as I've seen the results of all their fear mongering crap over the years. You guys are great and I would so hate to see everything you have worked so hard to do, get crapped on by them! Seriously, I hope you guys sell a ton! You deserve it!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoney View Post
    Any idea when these will be available for order? Missed the preorder period.. I need one of these!

Bump.

When can I get one of these? A simple estimate would suffice.. I am buying something like this in the next few weeks elsewhere (or here ASAP if it becomes available) but if I have a timeline for one of these bad boys maybe I'd hold out.

Doesn't seem to be any info on availability for anyone who hasn't preordered. Will it ever be available for sale outside of the preorders? When? How?

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoney View Post
    Bump.

When can I get one of these? A simple estimate would suffice.. I am buying something like this in the next few weeks elsewhere (or here ASAP if it becomes available) but if I have a timeline for one of these bad boys maybe I'd hold out.

Doesn't seem to be any info on availability for anyone who hasn't preordered. Will it ever be available for sale outside of the preorders? When? How?
    I am on the preorder list with a specific Serial number... I just talked to Leigh...Be patient...with the release of the receivers they are absolutely swamped with getting the preorders for stripped receivers and complete builds shipped out.. I would suggest that perhaps you could try to call them and go from there.