Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom Ordnance FX-9 9mm Carbine *UPDATE 31/01/18*

If this becomes NR them I am definitely in for one.

Would never give up my Thureon for this, however if I didn't have the TD I'd be all over it at this price point, nice to see another NR 9mm carbine possibly on the market.

Will be interesting to see where this goes in comparison to the lockhart one. If 800 stands - and 1250 is where lockhart is at - 450.00 more just to say it's Canadian and perhaps some better parts... wow exciting times.
    Gotta say glad to see some effort made on these 9mm carbines

Quote Originally Posted by kivas View Post
    Will be interesting to see where this goes in comparison to the lockhart one. If 800 stands - and 1250 is where lockhart is at - 450.00 more just to say it's Canadian and perhaps some better parts... wow exciting times.
    Gotta say glad to see some effort made on these 9mm carbines
    Right now the only attraction the raven has for me over this is the fact it’s canadian,and the side charging option,And I believe if you want the handguard that’s another 200,so taking it to 1450 it’s gonna be a hard sell for the Raven for a lot of people.

Personally I couldn’t give a damn about a match grade carbon barrel or stainless match barrel,9mm is hardly a precision round,so to me it’s just absolute overkill and added expense just for the bragging rights.

And for guys who don’t have that compulsion to always have the most expensive parts just for the bragging rights,I think this should perform on par with the raven.
    Last edited by MJS; 09-27-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Right now the only attraction the raven has for me over this is the fact it’s canadian,and the side charging option,And I believe if you want the handguard that’s another 200,so taking it to 1450 it’s gonna be a hard sell for the Raven for a lot of people.

Personally I couldn’t give a damn about a match grade carbon barrel or stainless match barrel,9mm is hardly a precision round,so to me it’s just absolute overkill and added expense just for the bragging rights.

And for guys who don’t have that compulsion to always have the most expensive parts just for the bragging rights,I think this should perform on par with the raven.
    Ya handguard not included for the Raven was a surprise to some people....like someone said it's like charging extra for doors when you buy a new car. (2 doors +$180, 3 doors +$200 or 4 doors +$240).

A 30 rnd magazine picture would do this more justice I think.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post

bang on. I've been asking for a quality regular barrel to keep the costs down. I like it, but like you say, 9mm luger is not 6.5 Creed...
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

Quote Originally Posted by fluidmax View Post
    Ya handguard not included for the Raven was a surprise to some people....like someone said it's like charging extra for doors when you buy a new car. (2 doors +$180, 3 doors +$200 or 4 doors +$240).
    Yeah that’s kinda a weird sell for sure.

I think they were betting on the “posh” crowd to be wowed by the fancy carbon barrel more then anything. to me it’s foolish,this style rifle just looks stupid without a handguard,especially with our foolish 18.5” barrel requirement.

I love that rifle,but having to pay for a fancy barrel,when a nitride barrel would yield the same results is just excess to me.even if it’s only a $200 difference in price,that’s the price difference of the handguard.

Quote Originally Posted by JR Hartman View Post
    bang on. I've been asking for a quality regular barrel to keep the costs down. I like it, but like you say, 9mm luger is not 6.5 Creed...
    Exactly,if I was trying to shoot sub MOA at 500 yards,yeah I’d be concerned,but it’s 9mm at maybe 50 yards max. There’s plenty of quality steel barrels that shoot great and don’t break the bank

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Not until we are in a position to guarantee the price and that depends a lot on how long the RCMP approval will take and what the exchange rate will be. At this low price a miscalculation and we could be loosing money.
    In your experience, what has been the average wait time for an FRT classification?
    S#it can go south people. The space shuttle blew up twice. - Clint Smith

Communists aren't people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee705 View Post
    In your experience, what has been the average wait time for an FRT classification?
    Latest FRT that was approved was the new Kel-Tec and tha was 20 months I believe