Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: One available: GM6 Lynx Lynx -50BMG Semi-auto bullpup

Quote Originally Posted by HKNova6 View Post
    Ehw meh gahd, that's frickin awesome sauce. So much want
    I know, right! It’s non restricted even, if it wasn’t 15k and 5-10$ a bullet.

CGN frequent flyer
    can it eject to the left side? :P

I would like to purchase by the law of surprise take my first born child and give me this mammoth yeeter

That video was great. But... you don't need a .50BMG to take out cinder block...

I was thinking of buying another SKS, but maybe I need to save up for this beauty. Hmm, take the family to Disney World or a .50BMG?

Quote Originally Posted by Andronicus View Post
    That video was great. But... you don't need a .50BMG to take out cinder block...

I was thinking of buying another SKS, but maybe I need to save up for this beauty. Hmm, take the family to Disney World or a .50BMG?
    Disney World is temporary, a .50BMG will be with you forever.

You know, this is really a great design, but my 1 hangup is the 5 rd mag, which is a curious design choice for such a relatively handy 50 BMG. It's baffling as to why a 10rd staggered mag compatibility/capability wasn't incorporated in the design instead (Full disclosure: I'm a yankee interloper). Any insights concerning this aspect from TI?

Would be interesting to learn about the genesis of the GM6 & the design decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm&Gun View Post
    I only have experience with the new model. I just did up some overview and assembly/disassembly vids. They're on my YouTube and may answer some questions.

A lot goes on when you pull the trigger. Big blast, the barrel cycles all the way back, the bolt locks back, then the barrel returns home, ejecting the spent case as it goes. Once seated the bolt disengages and flies forward, picking up and chambering a round in the process. All that happening really messes with perceived/felt recoil. The buttstock is a little awkward to shoulder, but honestly firing this gun off hand isn't that difficult. I say that comparatively. The lynx obviously balances way better than a Serbu or Barrett. Mine is 24.9lbs with the bipod and an empty mag. Throw on an aimpoint and you have a very shootable gun. Still a tank, but that's not bad for a 50. I've shoulder fired a couple 5 round mag dumps and it's semi doable to keep on target. Again, recoil doesn't feel like much, there's just a lot going on with every shot.

I'm planning on doing a first person style shooting vid of it in the next couple weeks. That might help relay the experience a little better as well. Honestly it's an insane gun. And very well built. For the money, I can't think of a more badarse gun to own. Especially today in Canada, and that's semi auto.
    Wow! That is so cool!!! They stole that design from John Browning when he designed the Remington Model 8 and patented it in 1900! Very cool rifles that work the same as this beast! I would love to be able to afford one, but there really is no way unfortunately.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I thought The Serbu RN50 was too pricy for my blood. Watch Arm & Guns features on this rifle on YT. Its quite the impressive unit. Congrats to any owners, you're winning the game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelSpin View Post
    You know, this is really a great design, but my 1 hangup is the 5 rd mag, which is a curious design choice for such a relatively handy 50 BMG. It's baffling as to why a 10rd staggered mag compatibility/capability wasn't incorporated in the design instead (Full disclosure: I'm a yankee interloper). Any insights concerning this aspect from TI?

Would be interesting to learn about the genesis of the GM6 & the design decisions.
    In Canada center fire semi auto rifles have a legal five round magazine limit.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelSpin View Post

Also, 10 rounds of 50 bmg would be like adding 3 pounds to the weight of the rifle. That's not nothing when you're pushing bush with it on your moose hunt

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast