Thread: Thank you Bell!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Thank you Bell!

Thanks so much for your quick warranty service on my Norinco JW 15 rear sight. The one you sent does have the proper amount of curvature in the spring, and a symmetrical notch in the blade.

Great service!!

Mark

Expired Business Member
    You're welcome! Enjoy the rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well, I finally got around to installing the new rear sight. The sight does fit way better and way tighter. The trigger is great, the action has smoothed out and is a joy, the gun looks good, fits great, and shoots tight groups... the only problem is that it shoots 10" to the right at 20 yards (yes, only 20 yards) when the sight is centered on the barrel. When I drift the sight far enough left to bring the pattern to the center of the target, the elevation ramp is so far left that is is sitting at a heck of an angle on the arc of the barrel and the sight looks really, really stupid.

I had the same issues, plus a very loose rear sight on the first rifle that I had. Bulls Eye in London swapped it for the one I currently have, and you guys sent me a replacement for the very crooked sight that came with that rifle.

Both the first and second rifle I also tried to scope. The scope I used was a Tasco Silver Antler 6 x 24 that I had on a .223. On both rifles, I could not adjust it far enough left to get them to shoot on center; windage bottomed out. Not the scope; because I regularly vaporized ground-hogs at 200+ yards with .223 hollow point boat-tails through a Remington model 78.

Presently, I have a rifle I like, but short of putting it in a press to "straighten" the barrel, it is of little use to me as it sits.

BTW, sighting in was done on an indoor 20 yard range on a Caldwell Caldwell DeadShot Front Rear Shooting Rest.

I am frustrated to say the least.

Any suggestions (I'm about ready to put it in a vise and bend the barrel left).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post
    Well, I finally got around to installing the new rear sight. The sight does fit way better and way tighter. The trigger is great, the action has smoothed out and is a joy, the gun looks good, fits great, and shoots tight groups... the only problem is that it shoots 10" to the right at 20 yards (yes, only 20 yards) when the sight is centered on the barrel. When I drift the sight far enough left to bring the pattern to the center of the target, the elevation ramp is so far left that is is sitting at a heck of an angle on the arc of the barrel and the sight looks really, really stupid.

I had the same issues, plus a very loose rear sight on the first rifle that I had. Bulls Eye in London swapped it for the one I currently have, and you guys sent me a replacement for the very crooked sight that came with that rifle.

Both the first and second rifle I also tried to scope. The scope I used was a Tasco Silver Antler 6 x 24 that I had on a .223. On both rifles, I could not adjust it far enough left to get them to shoot on center; windage bottomed out. Not the scope; because I regularly vaporized ground-hogs at 200+ yards with .223 hollow point boat-tails through a Remington model 78.

Presently, I have a rifle I like, but short of putting it in a press to "straighten" the barrel, it is of little use to me as it sits.

BTW, sighting in was done on an indoor 20 yard range on a Caldwell Caldwell DeadShot Front Rear Shooting Rest.

I am frustrated to say the least.

Any suggestions (I'm about ready to put it in a vise and bend the barrel left).
    Many thanks to Luc and Carmen from Bell. Got the exchange rifle and it also groups, but the alignment of barrel and receiver is perfect. It likes CCI standard velocity and Eley Sport the best; both giving groups with all shots in one ragged hole. Worst ammo was Winchester 555; American Eagle, second worst.

Thanks guys, Great rifle and I'm very pleased!