Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ballistol Gun Care Products and ANNIVERSARY EDITION OIL in stock!

Reply to cdill....... I know where you are coming from ! I have used the exact two products in pictures above, for several years in fact, thousands and thousands of rounds, pistols still look like brand new. Clean up was always super easy.
    BUT ! I recently purchased some elley ammo from Tesro and noticed the Guncer oils, thought I'd try it out. Well..... didnt think it would really be better than the regular ballistol..... but it is. Clean up is even easier believe it or not. I still use the aerosol to spray inside bore, let it sit, brush, and boom she's spotless. The Guncer oil viscosity is slightly thicker than the all purpose ballistol, still seems to disperse slightly to get into the tight spots without making its way to areas that you dont want it, it suspends the carbons so well that a microfibre rag and a few Q tips is all I clean with. I thought all purpose ballistol was the 'be all & end all' for my firearms. The Guncer is an improvement, I recommend. I don't have any affiliation with Tesro ! but I gotta say having used regular ballistol for years, there definitely is a slight improvement with the Guncer lubes. Worth the extra $$ I feel.
    The Liberal Party believes that terrorists should get to keep their Canadian citizenship ... "because I do,”.... Trudeau

Thanks aragon1 and thanks to Tesro for the response also.

You have answered my question precisely.

It seems to me that for lubrication purposes the micro- ceramic compounds included may make a difference, so I will be trying some of this from Tesro in the future. I have purchased rimfire ammo from them before, and will say that the owner is A1 to deal with and a nice guy to chat with in person.

Now I will tell you that I still like to use plain old WD40 to spray on powder residue (like around the cylinder of a revolver) when it is fresh and then wipe off with a paper towel. It does a great job on fresh powder residue. I also still like to use G96 for bore lube as I have used that stuff for over 30yrs and it as never let me down. I realize they changed the formula, but I purchased a lifetime supply back over 10yrs ago now.

I do like the Ballistol for cleaning freshly shot bores where there is just powder fowling. I do not find it helpful for lead or copper residue removal. I use an old electronic system for removal of those bore residues.

Another product I recommend is Kroil which is impossible to find in Canada. The guy who used to own a gun shop I visited imported the stuff directly from the US himself. Not sure where I will obtain more from when my can runs out, but it only takes a little bit to do the job of loosening rust and crud, so it lasts a long time.

I realize some of the things I say above are controversial, but everyone has a different preference and take on products.

CD
    Guns are like potato chips....you can never have just one.

Never trust a politician who says, "trust me".

I will never get used to Big Brother looking over my shoulder!

I have seen the future.................and it SUCKS!!!!
    (born in the wrong time & place)

Theme songs:
    "I Wanna Go Back" by Eddie Money http://www.lyricsdownload.com/eddie-...ck-lyrics.html
    "Dream On" by Aerosmith http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aerosmi..._20004389.html

Thank you all for your input on this! It's always good to hear from other people how they like the products.
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca
    instagram.com/tesrocanada

How about the smell, does it still smell like the original ballistol ? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KND View Post
    How about the smell, does it still smell like the original ballistol ? Thanks.
    This was a topic earlier in the thread. Here is what the conclusion was

Quote:

" My wife hates the smell too! I don't think it's bad at all.
    She was won over when I showed her this on their website:
    "Ballistol is biodegradable, and neither its use nor its disposal will pollute our air or water. Its natural decomposition will not produce byproducts that are harmful to the environment. The aerosol propellant is a propane/butane blend that does not contain CFCs. In addition, Ballistol is non-carcinogenic and skin safe."

Hope this helps
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca

I own both the original and the Guncer oil, just did a smell test for you........ the Guncer oil is WAY less stinky than the original lol
    The Liberal Party believes that terrorists should get to keep their Canadian citizenship ... "because I do,”.... Trudeau

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn1 View Post
    I own both the original and the Guncer oil, just did a smell test for you........ the Guncer oil is WAY less stinky than the original lol
    Haha thanks for sacrificing your nose to do this test!!!! That's awesome!
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca

get your favourite juice here!
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca

CGN Regular
    Dear Tesro,
    Any info about when you will get the ballistol grease and bore cleanser if still available ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sekler View Post
    Dear Tesro,
    Any info about when you will get the ballistol grease and bore cleanser if still available ? Thanks
    Hi There,

we still have a few of the grease in stock and one of the bore cleaners. We hope that the restock will be here within the next 6 weeks.
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast