Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ballistol Gun Care Products and ANNIVERSARY EDITION OIL in stock!

Time to ring in the new year by cleaning those toys nicely.
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca
    instagram.com/tesrocanada

We cannot guarantee that you will like the smell...but who buys the gun cleaning products for being pleasantly fragrant anyways.
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesro Inc View Post
    We cannot guarantee that you will like the smell...but who buys the gun cleaning products for being pleasantly fragrant anyways.
    There are worse smelling cleaners

I take it that the grease would work well on the slide of my .45 auto?

NO!!!! I just recently purchased abunch of cleaners from another dealer. If I knew you guys had ballistol I would of made an order from you guys. Ballistol is by far the best stuff on the market, no clue why its so hard to come across.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampie View Post
    I take it that the grease would work well on the slide of my .45 auto?
    It certainly would!
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca

Quote Originally Posted by srnm View Post
    NO!!!! I just recently purchased abunch of cleaners from another dealer. If I knew you guys had ballistol I would of made an order from you guys. Ballistol is by far the best stuff on the market, no clue why its so hard to come across.
    We will continue to carry it as we are convinced it is the best out there. So when you need to stock up again you know where to find us
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca

A couple years ago I first heard about Ballistol, and started researching it on USA sites. When I decided I wanted to try it I could not find it stocked anywhere near Ottawa. Nobody in gun/sporting goods stores even knew what I was talking about.

So after some more google searching I found a dealer in Toronto that carried it. They are not a shooting supply place, and it cost a fortune to buy it and then another fortune to ship it. Anyway, I ordered both a small aerosol can plus a larger can that you put a trigger spray on like the ones shown below.

My question is whether this product is the same as the gun oil you sell even though the labelling is different? I realize these labels are the same as what is sold in the USA. This product also states that it is safe for use on metal, wood and leather.....so it covers just about every aspect of a firearm. The only thing I have read on the internet is not to use it on any gun that is gold or silver inlaid as it will lift it off.

Supposedly it is also safe for airguns, but I have only used it to lube the bore on my FAS target air pistol for storage purposes. I would still be hesitant to use it on the action due to deterioration of seals. I only use a silicone cloth to wipe it down on the outside.

It would be nice to find a dealer locally to save on shipping cost, and since we have dealt before it would be great to purchase this from you as well as rimfire ammo.

[Btw, I do find the odour a bit strong at times compared to G96.....sort of like very pungent licorice.]

Guns are like potato chips....you can never have just one.

Never trust a politician who says, "trust me".

I will never get used to Big Brother looking over my shoulder!

I have seen the future.................and it SUCKS!!!!
    (born in the wrong time & place)

Theme songs:
    "I Wanna Go Back" by Eddie Money http://www.lyricsdownload.com/eddie-...ck-lyrics.html
    "Dream On" by Aerosmith http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aerosmi..._20004389.html

HI @cdill.

This is a very good question. Our gun oil is not an aerosol it is the drip version of their oil. Price wise from our experience it was more expensive to import the aerosol can's because they are pressurized and have different shipping regulations so that might play into the pricing issue but that's just a best guess.

The oil you have and the Gun Cer are not the same oil.

The Universal Oil is as it says a universal product with multifunctional purpose. It is not doubt a high quality oil but is not specifically tailored for gun use, but definitely safe to use.

The Gun Cer Oil has properties that are specially tailored for gun use. Here is the details from Ballistol:

--> Special mixture of ceramic additives for maximum perfromance
    --> Reduces friction and deterioration of firearms
    --> Smoothes roughness
    --> Reduces power losses while reloading smei-auto and automatic guns
    --> Corrosion protection, prevents wear and tear
    --> Works in temperature -40celsius to +210celsius
    --> Ceramic additive ensures lubrication up to 1000celsius
    --> Water resistant non-resinating
    --> Without silicone and PTFE

So the biggest difference is the ceramic additive

I hope this helps!!!
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer eaglesnester's Avatar
    I shoot black powder muzzle loaders as well as smokless powder rifles. I have found that Ballistol does a good job cleaning black powder fouling, however so do many other products that do not cost as much. Windshield washing fulid to -40F or homemade stuff such as moose milk works just as good as well as 99% rubbing alcohol which can be bought at any feed and tack store. 99% rubbing alcohol has the advantage of evaporating almost immedately leaving your bore dry between shots after swabing out. Ballistol does not prevent rust in your bore, Ballistol does nothing to clean copper fouling and baked on carbon out of a bore of a smokless powder firearm. Ballisatol was invented by the Germans to clean German army black powder mauser rifles. Smokless powder was not used when ballistol was invented. I say again Ballistol will not clean smokless powder residue, Ballistol will also cake and gum up your moving parts in your rifle over time. I know this because I have used it and have spoken with other black powder shooters that have used it and have the same opinion. If you dont believe me about the gumming up, buy some and lubricate your firearm with it and set it aside for a few months. Ballistol will actualy rust your bore if you leave it in thinking it will prevent rust. Regular transmission fluid works better in your bore to prevent rust. If you want an expensive black powder bore cleaner by all means buy it, as it does clean BP fouling but not better than other common products that cost much less. Thats my opinion for what its worth your milage may vary.
    Last edited by eaglesnester; 03-17-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast