Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LAST DAY: ONE-TIME SPECIAL ORDER: Bespoke German-made K98k rifles ~Available in .308

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by R711 View Post
    There trials rifles made in this caliber to see if it would work, then convert the entire German Army to one caliber, never made it past the trials stage. The OKW realized it would be cheaper to have 2 separate calibers, then to convert to one.
    I never knew that. Thank you. That explains that then.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tjhaile View Post
    I get why it costs what it does. Any vintage military bolt action rifle would be very costly to build today to even a "rack grade" standard, let alone one with the accuracy guarantee.

What I don't get is that the two calibre options that anybody would actually want are extra cost options. A K98 in 8x33 Kurz just doesn't make any sense to me.

The non-refundable deposit doesn't seem reasonable to me, either, when we have no idea when they will actually arrive. If I wanted one, I would wait until they are in country.
    Not sure why 8x33 Kurz is less expensive than the more useful options, perhaps they have some extra barrels in that calibre and want to get rid of them. Or perhaps those barrels are cheaper from their supplier.

We were quoted 3-4 months from the manufacturer, but our ETA is 6 months in case of possible delays.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    Not sure why 8x33 Kurz is less expensive than the more useful options, perhaps they have some extra barrels in that calibre and want to get rid of them. Or perhaps those barrels are cheaper from their supplier.

We were quoted 3-4 months from the manufacturer, but our ETA is 6 months in case of possible delays.
    So t81's lol updates

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    lots can afford it,but they're just not inclined to spend that much on non collector K98,but to each his own,,i'm sure there's some that will be happy with it,but for that kind of money,if your buying this for the perceived accuracy,there are A LOT of better riffles out there,and easily available from this reputable vendor,
    Can't agree with you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbigjack View Post
    Can't agree with you anymore.
    Anymore? Or any more?
    You’re not completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Twist.

Checked their site: 12" for 308, 9.45" for both 7.92. All 3 barrels have 4 grooves rifling.
    Last edited by BlackVoid; 08-03-2017 at 02:36 AM.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Is there any interest in American made reproduction ZF-41 and K98 Sniper mounts for this set-up? With just the parts and import we're guessing around 699, maybe add 200 or so for Schwaben Arms to install.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SuperCub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    O...M....G
    Want soooo bad.....
    Ya me want too
    ........ Hark, a Fudd draweth nigh.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    Is there any interest in American made reproduction ZF-41 and K98 Sniper mounts for this set-up? With just the parts and import we're guessing around 699, maybe add 200 or so for Schwaben Arms to install.
    Personally, yes!!! Although I'm up in the air if I can put together funds just yet.

The 308 model with a WW2 set up would be a blast--I'd be worried if the repro scopes are up to the quality of the rifle to exploit the moa ability of the rifle itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    Personally, yes!!! Although I'm up in the air if I can put together funds just yet.

The 308 model with a WW2 set up would be a blast--I'd be worried if the repro scopes are up to the quality of the rifle to exploit the moa ability of the rifle itself.
    Zf-41 is a x1.5 long eye relief scout scope. It is only an improvement over 98k irons, which are inferior to aperture sights to begin with. It mounts on the rear sight base. Has strange zeroing procedure.

Zf-39 is x4 and mounts on high turrets to clear the bolt.

Zf-4 (x4) was also used with a sweptback mount.

So if you want just go for a repro look, Zf-41 is fine.

If getting this 98K for accuracy, then picrail and commercial scope will do. IMO this option makes no sense, as losing repro look, I might as well just go for a modern bolt action, plenty of 1MOA offerings at 2.4K.
    Last edited by BlackVoid; 08-03-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast