LAST DAY: ONE-TIME SPECIAL ORDER: Bespoke German-made K98k rifles ~Available in .308

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactical Imports

Sponsoring Business
Business Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Introducing for the first time in Canada: the Schwaben Arms K98k –exclusively from Tactical Imports!

k98_2.jpg

The Schwaben Arms K98k is a high quality German made bespoke reproduction of the famous K98k rifle. Production starts with the special selection of excellent condition pre-war play-free original receivers. They are then completely refinished and fitted with precise match grade Lothar Walther barrels, offered in 3 calibers: .308 Winchester, 8x33 and 8x57IS. Finishing options include high gloss polished bluing or phosphate. The actions are fitted to a new walnut or laminated wood stock and test fired for accuracy. The rifles are factory rated to shoot sub MOA with match grade ammunition.

k98_5.jpg

Schwaben Arms is a small firearms manufacturer located in Baden-Württemberg, Germany; a region with a long tradition of firearms manufacturing and home to many well known German gun makers. Schwaben Arms specializes in reproductions of iconic modern-era firearms. They are a small volume manufacturer that focuses on quality and attention to detail, using the finest materials and methods.

k98_4.jpg

The Karabiner 98 kurz ("carbine 98 short", often abbreviated Kar98k or K98k) is a bolt-action rifle chambered for the 7.92×57mm Mauser cartridge that was adopted in 1935 as the standard service rifle by the German Wehrmacht. It was one of the final developments in the long line of Mauser military rifles, a descendant of the Gewehr 98 rifle –standard issue of the German Army heading into World War 1. It had an excellent a reputation for being precise, accurate and durable. The rifle featured a controlled feed bolt action and a turned down bolt handle for faster operation. Early models were fitted with a walnut stock, but from 1937 onwards laminate was used for greater strength and warping resistance. Bluing was the standard finish until 1944 where phosphating was introduced as a more effective metal treatment.

k98_3.jpg

*One-Time Special Order*
Window for placing special order closes August 14th. Delivery is estimated in 6 months. 35% non-refundable production deposit required. Deposit is transferable. Starting at $2299.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO/ORDERING

k98_6.jpg

Features:
•Sub-MOA with match ammunition
•Match grade Lothar Walther barrel
•Controlled feed bolt action
•Turned down bolt handle
•Available in commonly available .308 Winchester
•High quality; made in Germany and hand-built by skilled gunmakers

Specifications:
Caliber: .308 Win/8x33/8x57
Effective Range: 500m
Magazine Capacity: 5
Sights: Iron, tangent leaf
Method of Operation: Controlled-feed bolt-action
Length: 1100mm
Barrel Length: 600mm
Weight, Empty: 4000g

k98_LRG.jpg

Last edited:
Yea expensive Considering a bunch of parts are just refurbished.. but your getting a modern fitted match grade k98 in a calibre of your choice in factory new condition. How often do you see that?

Kind of interesting with the 8x33mm. Sub MOA at 100m with "match" 8x33? Starting to get into the theoretical there.

They look like great rifles. Small market, obviously, at that price range - but there be some takers I'm sure.

Yea expensive Considering a bunch of parts are just refurbished.. but your getting a modern fitted match grade k98 in a calibre of your choice in factory new condition. How often do you see that?

Not often, but $2300 is hard to come by in a Liberal economy. I'd love to support a Canadian importer/distributor/retailer but the increased carbon taxes and such have to be paid first... :ang
1gjc7j.jpg

Holy Schitt, $2300, price gouging no
no thanks.

It's match-grade, hand-fitted, with one of the best barrel manufacturers in the world making the barrel. I'm not surprised at all by that price. A regular K98 would likely cost over a grand to make nowadays anyway.

However, 8mm Kurz? Really? Why? That seems so weird. And why is 8mm Kurz the cheapest option?

Another (bunch of) case(s) of "I can't afford it, so I'll whine and cry".

You lot should go commission some sub-MOA rifles, see what you can sell them for.

Ya, I thought so. If you can't afford an AMG / M series BMW, do you whine on car forums?

The newest Russian Capture K98's are selling at $1000, these seem like a deal all things considered.

The old days are over, no more low price deals anymore folks.

Serious firearms cost serious money.

I have no idea why people are whining about the price as if expecting them to cost 10% more than a beat up Russian capture rifle or something. Yes some of the parts are original and refurbished (metal furniture hardware?) but otherwise this is a completely hand made, match grade sub-MOA rifle in military configuration, which is pretty impressive considering that's not the optimum way to build a rifle for ultimate accuracy. And made in Germany in 2017 as a limited production run. Price seems quite fair in my opinion, not that I can afford it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom